Cadaver Dogs, Search Dogs, K9 Units

No........you will get a laugh out of that............go read it.........it is not their logs, it is an actual manual they asked for.
LOL yea I had a laugh on that also:) Seems to me Baez doesnt want to pay for it he wants it given to him :rolleyes: Those manual can be pretty expensive:)

Two questions.

How long after a body is placed somewhere and moved will a cadaver dog pick up the scent?

Will cadaver dogs hit on fertilizer?

Thank you.

IMO, they probably hit right away if there is decomp.

They would probably hit on fertilizer if they are trained to do that. Usually when a trained dog hits on fertilizer they are dogs that sniff out bombs and explosives. Mostly used in airport dogs.

Can a cadaver dog hit in a spots months after the body has been removed?

I believe so. Decomp is very hard to get rid of. I'm sure there is a time frame but if there is still traces I'm sure it will.

Here is a interesting article about cadaver dogs.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...uth-behind-the-crimescene-canines-835047.html

Snip:
In 2000, freelance dog handler Mick Swindells and his Border collie Shep, a trained human cadaver dog, were called to a 15-acre field near Nottingham to help locate the suspected grave of a murder victim. Shep signalled in one spot and the surrounding area was quickly dug, but nothing was found. Later that day, police returned with an informant, who identified the grave. Shep had been out by a metre.

It transpired that, in digging the grave, the murderer had put his spade through a field drain, causing volatile compounds from the decomposing cadaver to enter the drain. About a metre downhill of the cadaver, the drain was broken, preventing those compounds from dispersing further. The drain had, in effect, separated the body from its scent, and Shep had signalled the dislodged source of that scent – the breakage in the drain.

~~So would the pool, in the backyard of the A's, been the seperation point of where the dog hit and where Caylee could be buried?

Kind of random here, but anybody remember discussion about the mysterious "depression" detectives found in the A's backyard--where something, that had been in one position on the ground, appeared to have been removed. IMO still seems likely it may have been either a paver used to weight Caylee's remains for submersion in water, or a poolside storage container of some sort into which Caylee's remains may have been placed.

This bothers me to no end, since of course we know we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for CA to report this (or any other items ie luggage, containers, bags, swimsuits, tarps, tools) or any other mysteriously "missing" items and since we also know CA and GA did some rearranging back there.

Back to topic at hand, is it just me or doesn't it seem obvious to anyone else that the reason the dogs hit on the backyard of the A home, near a swimming pool, is because that's in fact where Caylee expired?? Wow, I've heard some pretty convoluted stories on this forum theorizing KC's arrival, at her parents' home no less, with an already three-times (overdosed, battered, and chloroformed) murdered Caylee, specifically to further 'stage' a drowning, which of course nobody was ever allowed to witness, still an elaborate murder scheme for which she was evidently leaving nothing to chance, yet had to then bother a neighbor for a shovel to fish her out... then into the sandbox, under the sandbox, back in the pool, back into the trunk... all in a relentless attempt to explain away the obvious...

Unbelievable. JMO

Kind of random here, but anybody remember discussion about the mysterious "impression" detectives found in the A's backyard--where something, that had been in one position on the ground, appeared to have been removed. IMO still seems likely it may have been either a paver used to weight Caylee's remains for submersion in water, or a poolside storage container of some sort into which Caylee's remains may have been placed.

This bothers me to no end, since of course we know we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for CA to report this (or any other items ie luggage, containers, bags, swimsuits, tarps, tools) or any other mysteriously "missing" items and since we also know CA and GA did some rearranging back there.

Back to topic at hand, is it just me or doesn't it seem obvious to anyone else that the reason the dogs hit on the backyard of the A home, near a swimming pool, is because that's in fact where Caylee expired?? Wow, I've heard some pretty convoluted stories on this forum theorizing KC's arrival, at her parents' home no less, with an already three-times (overdosed, battered, and chloroformed) murdered Caylee, specifically to further stage a drowning, which of course nobody was ever allowed to witness, a elaborate murder scheme for which she was evidently leaving nothing to chance yet had to then borrow a shovel to fish her out... then back in the sandbox, back under the sandbox, now back in the pool, now back in the trunk... all in their relentless attempts to explain away the obvious.

Unbelievable. JMO

Yes, I remember this. IIRC, the length of this impression was about the size of caylee's body. It was right beside the pool. IMO, KC tried to drown caylee after she died. It didn't work because the lungs wouldn't fill up with water. So then she buried her right beside the pool with the shovel. Then she dug her up and took her to her final resting place.

ETA: KC backed the car up into the garage during the time she borrowed the shovel which makes me believe that Caylee came from the trunk of the car. I believe Caylee died away from the A home possibly at someone else's house or in the trunk.

I know this might sound funny, but I wished they could have put the dog in the water to see if it hit on anything. Also, to empty the pool and put the dog in there. You would think that if someone had died either in the pool or was stuck in the pool that the water or liner would have traces of decomp.

ETA: When the FBI came back with it's report where it listed the high levels of chloroform, I wonder if they tested the trunk for chlorine.

IIRC, the depression was from the bush that CA had GA move to another part of the yard. There is a side door to the A's garage, but it's in front of the backyard gate and visible from the street.

I'm leaning towards thinking the cadaver scents were from things transferred from the car. Either by Casey or by GA and CA when they got the car back, or both. Casey's clothes, throwing Caylee's toys in the sandbox and playhouse. The blue bin being brought into the house and the gas cans. And god knows whatever else. I think Caylee was in the trunk the entire time up until right before the car was abandoned. And it's entirely possible she was in the trunk when CA and GA picked the car up.

IIRC, the depression was from the bush that CA had GA move to another part of the yard. There is a side door to the A's garage, but it's in front of the backyard gate and visible from the street.

I'm leaning towards thinking the cadaver scents were from things transferred from the car. Either by Casey or by GA and CA when they got the car back, or both. Casey's clothes, throwing Caylee's toys in the sandbox and playhouse. The blue bin being brought into the house and the gas cans. And god knows whatever else. I think Caylee was in the trunk the entire time up until right before the car was abandoned. And it's entirely possible she was in the trunk when CA and GA picked the car up.

Bold by me:

Suzi, Do you think she was maybe underneath the carpet in the trunk?

By the way, very interesting point.

Do we know for sure that the washer and dryer are in the house? In Florida, many homes have the washer/dryer in the garage.

They are in her garage, she said so in the interview. Her freezer is out there with the washer and dryer because "we don't have a laudry room" or something like that.

We have rented new homes in Orlando for vacation and they have all had W/D in the garage. I found that inconvenient. Maybe they have gone back to putting them in the garages.

both always been both always will be both, depends on the house.

They are in her garage, she said so in the interview. Her freezer is out there with the washer and dryer because "we don't have a laudry room" or something like that.

Gosh, she lies about a lot of stuff. I hope she isn't lying about this. :crazy:

No........you will get a laugh out of that............go read it.........it is not their logs, it is an actual manual they asked for.

You know, not much really, really leaves me speachless. I'm completely gobsmacked after reading all that. This after getting over fits of hysterical laughter while reading. I simply must tell the group I still work with (when I still can) that I'll bring video cam and video and audio training exercise from my chair...rolling right along after them. I'll make sure to bring "the Manual" right off my bookcase to make sure I'm doing it all right and they are, too.

Turbo, let me know if I can be of service to you and yours, ok? :D <<ducks and runs>>

These motions in this case are conspiring to kill ol' GizaMom for sure. :D

No. They know nothing of working, specifically cadaver, dogs and apparently neither did CA when she invited them to search the backyard.

That's more than grasping at straws...that's throwing the whole box of straws against the wall and praying something sticks.

Coley -- special thank you for providing that link.

I said all along that Justice and Liberty were smarter than Baez. I'm convinced of it now.

I read that.........I think I will pass on teaching Casper to read the "manual" before he searches...........:eek::eek::eek:

I noticed they replied there were no manuals. That entire motion screamed they know NOTHING about cadaver dogs.

JB said the sherrifs office told them the department had no training manual to speak of. Then he went on about how there was a letter from 2007 from someone there to someone else there that they should include a section in the next release of the Sherrifs office training manual.

An intelligent person would take this to mean the training manual that they provide for ALL officers of the law and there should be a section incuded in that publication, this "new" issue has probably not been published yet. And JB is trying to make it sound like here see there is a manual, or at least that is how I interperet the Baezism

Bold by me...

Right. Those would be the training logs for the dogs. It includes training information, hits, previous cases worked on (if any), etc. He's trying to impeach credibility.

I fully agree, but he never asked for that, he asked for the department's training manual. IE: how were they trained, rules regulations. Not training logs. One must ask the right question to get the answer one is seeking.

You know, not much really, really leaves me speachless. I'm completely gobsmacked after reading all that. This after getting over fits of hysterical laughter while reading. I simply must tell the group I still work with (when I still can) that I'll bring video cam and video and audio training exercise from my chair...rolling right along after them. I'll make sure to bring "the Manual" right off my bookcase to make sure I'm doing it all right and they are, too.

Turbo, let me know if I can be of service to you and yours, ok? :D <<ducks and runs>>

These motions in this case are conspiring to kill ol' GizaMom for sure. :D

No. They know nothing of working, specifically cadaver, dogs and apparently neither did CA when she invited them to search the backyard.

That's more than grasping at straws...that's throwing the whole box of straws against the wall and praying something sticks.

Coley -- special thank you for providing that link.

I said all along that Justice and Liberty were smarter than Baez. I'm convinced of it now.

No problem. Anytime my friend.

After I saw these, especially the one with the "doggy manual" and the laptop, I started to wonder if he had a special program on his computer where it has ALL defense motions and if he goes and fills out the blanks because he knows he is screwed.
:crazy:

ROFLMAO! OMG --- running for oxygen due to excessive laughing.

I'll clean the screen of diet pepsi momentarily.

I needed that. LOL

Read your last post, Turbo. I'm off to go in search of that. This I do have to read. ROFL!

Right! apparently I am catching up to this thread in reverse :( lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back