Identified! NY - Sullivan Co, skeletal remains, May'10 - Ildar Gazizulin

allaster

Reaction score
http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/woman-1274298-county-hikers.html
Police try to identify female skeleton found by downstate hikers

May 27, 2010 5:28 AM
Associated Press

MONTICELLO -- State police and the Sullivan County Sheriff's office are trying to identify the skeletal remains of a woman found by hikers in the woods in Thompsonville, about 75 miles northwest of New York City.

Hikers found a partial skeleton lying above ground near a creek on May 10. Investigators have since recovered most of the bones, and the state police crime lab in Albany has determined the skeleton to be that of a white woman in her late 20s to age 40.

Sheriff's Detective Joseph Browne says the woman has been dead six to eight months. The cause of death could not be determined. No clothes have been recovered.

Detectives have ruled out active missing persons cases in Sullivan County. Now they're looking into cases outside the county.

A sketch has been constructed from the skull.

I didn't even know she was missing. What I find frustrating is NY State's missing person list is not complete. Thank God for Namus

could she be Gail Greico-Weishoff?? If i'm correct Neversink river is a tributary to Delaware river.

http://www.wayneindependent.com/news/x2087398586/Search-enters-third-week-for-missing-mom

Yes I think you could be right.

Search Under Way for New York City Woman Who Vanished Along River 11//09

NEW YORK — State police say they're searching for a New York City woman who was last seen in an upstate hamlet on the Delaware River.
Troopers say they've used divers and a helicopter to search for Gail Greico-Weishoff along a stretch of the river in the Narrowsburg area, on the Pennsylvania border in Sullivan County, 90 miles northwest of New York City.
Police say the 36-year-old Staten Island resident was last seen in Narrowsburg around 10 p.m. Oct. 28. Troopers say her purse and other items were found near the river bank.

Doesn't seem they have made the sketch public. Maybe I'll give them a call.

I just got off the phone with Det. Browne of Sullivan County Sheriff's Dept. They have ruled out Gail Greico-Weishoff already. The sketch has not been completed yet but he assured me when it is he will release it to the public. At this time they have no height or weight info available. They have no jewelry found or anything to help with ID.
Det. Browne was very nice to talk to. He stated they have had very little interest in this. He took my phone number and says he will call if he gets any other info on the victim. He seemed rather greatful for any help at this point.

The news posts about human remains and then never follow up. They say there is a sketch well where is it? Very frustrating especially if you have a friend or loved one you are looking for. There was another set of remains found just last week again, no news.

it would help if they could at least give an approximate height of the man.

this is real helpful. I went to find a Namus link for the UID an found this one, same date, May 10, 2010, same county, same town, Thompsonville, yet the body was described as male:

https://identifyus.org/cases/7275

lest we think there are two different bodies, the rules outs are all female:

Marion McCleneghan-Soto 1969 New York
Toni Sharpless 1979 Pennsylvania
Karen Wilson 1963 New York

it would certainly help to know the actual gender.

the body was found on May 10, not August as the thread suggests:

https://identifyus.org/cases/7275

the three rule-outs are female, which was probably due to the original confusion about the gender of the UID.

(lest there is any doubt, the link provided by Carl says May as well)

Cubby, I'm not convinced the body in May ever was a woman. the original decision was - "The state police crime lab in Albany determined the remains are those of a white woman, age late 20s to 40." (per Carl's link)

a subsequent decision was made by Ben Figuera of NYC that the remains were male. per the Namus link I posted - "Per Forenic Anthropologist Ben Figura in New York states male has a large skull/head. "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back