OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
- The truck was registered to Bobby Jamison.

- Bobby Jamison suffered from a debilitating back injury

- Bobby Jamison was on prescription pain medication

- Bobby Jamison was married to Sherilyn Jamison, who is also missing

- Madyson Jamison was Sherilyn and Bobby Jamison's daughter. She is also missing

- A dog was found in the vehicle registered to Bobby Jamison

- A cell phone, a wallet, a purse, and (approximately) $32,000 in cash was found in the vehicle.

- Madyson Jamison was the heir to her grandfathers estate.

Oiy... totally not disagreeing here. I get this. ;)

But the money in the truck was not handled a lot. And SSA...they don't really pay out those kind of payments unless its a settlement...do they? I don't know.

SSA pays in installments.

So is it possible that we should be looking for Sherilyn and Madyson and when they are found, Bobby will be found?

The divorce comment is rumor right?

Salem

I assumed it was the adults also, and yes the FBI has the tape (although I think it was the sheriff who first viewed it, and then made that comment.)
If Madyson was on there and exhibiting the same type of behavior....what do you make of that?

Madyson's hair- pictures show her getting it dyed as if it were for fun. But the timing seems odd to me.

It wouldn't be hard to tell a 6 year old she was going to have a makeover, but withhold the actual reason for it, you know?

I had been under the impression that the video camera(s) were exterior survellance cameras. I truly do not know what to make of the descriptions of their walking and staring. I am mindful that LE has stated that there is nothing to indicate that they either used or dealt drugs.

I agree, dying Madyson's hair a different color just before the family vanished does seem suspicious. Did Madyson ever have her hair colored before ?

Wow, this is a very strange and convoluted case... I plan on going back to the beginning and reading it again....

All JMO

Oiy... totally not disagreeing here. I get this. ;)

But the money in the truck was not handled a lot. And SSA...they don't really pay out those kind of payments unless its a settlement...do they? I don't know.

Just jumping in here....I really just read and follow along in this case....so, if I'm posting something irrelevant, please ignore!

I'm a former SSA Claims Adjustor. While SSA does generally pay in monthly installment payments, there is almost always a lump sum payment when it comes to disability awards. SSA will pay you monthly disability payments starting on the date you are approved for those payments. BUT the date you applied for disability is your eligibility date....and if the judge determines you were disabled from that point, SSA would owe you back to that date and WOULD indeed pay you in a lump sum check.
Lump Sum checks can be anywhere from $500 to $150,000....depending on how long it took for the courts to approve your claim.
Outside of lump sum disability payouts or suing and winning a case against SSA, there is no other reason SSA would award that kind of money.

I believe this was Sheriff Beauchamp's observation.

The entire Oklahoman article was unusual for an open case in that it contributed much to the notion that the Jamisons were decidedly unbalanced before they went missing.

OK, I'll bite. What was he "observing"??

So is it possible that we should be looking for Sherilyn and Madyson and when they are found, Bobby will be found?

The divorce comment is rumor right?

Salem

Yes. Or maybe the other way around?
And yes, rumor. Can't find where anything was filed, anyway.

I had been under the impression that the video camera(s) were exterior survellance cameras. I truly do not know what to make of the descriptions of their walking and staring. I am mindful that LE has stated that there is nothing to indicate that they either used or dealt drugs.

I agree, dying Madyson's hair a different color just before the family vanished does seem suspicious. Did Madyson ever have her hair colored before ?

Wow, this is a very strange and convoluted case... I plan on going back to the beginning and reading it again....

All JMO

Isn't it though??
The walking and staring observation was made by the sheriff...but the surveillance video hasn't been released so I'm not sure we can give that statement any credit, you know?

I thought at first it was exterior as well, like a home security system (that's what early reports described it as) but now I'm not sure because... the brown bag that the FBI said early on might contain money and that Sherilyn was seen bringing from the house to the truck...?! I don't know. So the video is from the interior as well as the exterior of the home? And while I'm speculating on that....what made the FBI 'think' there might be money in that brown bag that was never found anyway??

OK, I'll bite. What was he "observing"??

It seems he was observing the Jamison's behaving in some sort of 'altered' state- either under the influence of drugs, or under the influence of some sort of psychosis.

But has anyone ever watched a home surveillance type video? They can be of really poor quality- very jerky with a lot of time lapses.

Just jumping in here....I really just read and follow along in this case....so, if I'm posting something irrelevant, please ignore!

I'm a former SSA Claims Adjustor. While SSA does generally pay in monthly installment payments, there is almost always a lump sum payment when it comes to disability awards. SSA will pay you monthly disability payments starting on the date you are approved for those payments. BUT the date you applied for disability is your eligibility date....and if the judge determines you were disabled from that point, SSA would owe you back to that date and WOULD indeed pay you in a lump sum check.
Lump Sum checks can be anywhere from $500 to $150,000....depending on how long it took for the courts to approve your claim.
Outside of lump sum disability payouts or suing and winning a case against SSA, there is no other reason SSA would award that kind of money.

Thank you very much for that clarification.

Here's another snippet from the infamous 02 May 2010 Sunday Oklahoman article referenced above:
---
Connie Kokotan, Sherilyn Jamison’s mother, now wonders about a comment Bobby made last summer.

"They were having financial trouble,” said Kokotan, 59, of Midwest City. "Bobby told Sherilyn, ‘I know where I can get the money, but I won’t involve you.’ But if they were involved in drugs, I never saw any.”

Kokotan lived with the family between March and June last year. She described her daughter as bipolar, and said Bobby Jamison lived with back pain from an automobile wreck in 2003.

"Sherilyn was a very strong-willed person, but I saw her change dramatically,” Kokotan said. "She became very illogical. One day she drove me to Oklahoma City and dropped me off on the street. She told me to, ‘Get ... out of my car.’ So I did.”
---

To speculate - In your opinion, are you leaning towards:

1) Alive: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

2)Alive: Bobby
Deceased: Sherilyn, Madyson

3) Alive: Sherilyn, Madyson
Deceased: Bobby

4) Alive: Bobby, Madyson
Deceased: Sherilyn

5) Alive: Sherilyn
Deceased: Bobby, Madyson

6) Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

To speculate - In your opinion, are you leaning towards:

1) Alive: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

2)Alive: Bobby
Deceased: Sherilyn, Madyson

3) Alive: Sherilyn, Madyson
Deceased: Bobby

4) Alive: Bobby, Madyson
Deceased: Sherilyn

5) Alive: Sherilyn
Deceased: Bobby, Madyson

6) Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn, Madyson

Okay, since I've been the primary (sole?) exponent of the "vanished of their own accord" theory on here for what seems like donkey's years, I'll let my money ride on that thought and vote....

although #3 is a more interesting choice, and the "one survivor" items probably are more logical if, in fact, there are survivors.

As always, let me add a definite "or not, or not!" to my theorizing. "Drug deal gone bad," my first thought on the matter, is still in the mix.

7) Alive: Madyson
Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn

Oriah, is that what you're leaning towards?

7) Alive: Madyson
Deceased: Bobby, Sherilyn

Oriah, is that what you're leaning towards?

Yep.

But maybe I'm overly hopeful. It does seem to work with every theory except the 'just got lost on the mountain' one, though.

Yep.

But maybe I'm overly hopeful. It does seem to work with every theory except the 'just got lost on the mountain' one, though.

Woah! Didn't expect you to say this. Do you believe someone abducted Madyson? Will you please elaborate on this, e.g. who and why?

I realize this is just your opinion, but you know more about this case than I do. I value your opinion. Thanx

Woah! Didn't expect you to say this. Do you believe someone abducted Madyson? Will you please elaborate on this, e.g. who and why?

I realize this is just your opinion, but you know more about this case than I do. I value your opinion. Thanx

I don't know that I believe someone abducted Madyson in the classic fashion; what I do think is that that last known picture of Madyson looks to me like there were at least two people standing there while the picture was being taken; and that she looks to me like she was being told to 'stand right there and don't move', and didn't like it. And was talking while doing so. Which does not seem like a normal time for a parent to take a picture of their child, imo.

The trucks positioning, and the road itself makes me think someone moved the Jamison's truck-and that there was another vehicle on that road at that time.

And I also think it would be a lot harder to murder a child than to murder an adult(s).

AND I can't make sense of the dog issue, lol. Except that someone wanted that dog alive, I think.

JMO of course.

I'm still dwelling on that dog issue, too. I have made, notably, not one inch of progress in my reasoning about it - and yet I dwell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member