GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason for the somewhat confusing media reports on "ex huband", "woman in custody battle", have to do with assumptions made by some of these reporters.

LA and GH, though they had 2 children together and lived together for at least 2 years were apparently not legally married.

LA, however, did refer to GH as her husband.

GH did marry someone else last year - AH. AH has a sister in Texas who lives very close to where the body was found.

Texas deputies are being close-lipped about the case, but say they were looking for a woman from North Carolina who was in town visiting relatives. They also say she was in the middle of a child custody dispute.​
[LINK]

The above article implies that its the same person (woman in town visiting relative, woman involved in custody dispute).

If it is, the woman they were looking for is likely AH, not LA.

Alternately, it could be references to 2 different women and the article(s) are not making that clear: (1) AH is in town visiting relatives, (2) LH is in the middle of a custody battle.

I am pretty sure its not that LH was in town visiting relatives, for one - as Irish noted she has no relative in TX, and also she did not tell her friends or coworkers she was leaving (they all say she would never just vanish like that)...and she missed her appt to pick up the kids - why would she do that with a custody hearing approaching?

Good points, but for the record, I don't know for sure if she has relatives in TX or not, only that I didn't find any in my brief online search.

The above article implies that its the same person (woman in town visiting relative, woman involved in custody dispute).

If it is, the woman they were looking for is likely AH,

Yes, that's it, they were looking for Amanda! OMG, the possible implications of that statement.

Google map 4300 Skinner Lane, Richmond, TX. This is where the remains were apparently found.
4300 Skinner Lane, Richmond, TX - Google Maps

This is really strange. Do they have GH in custody or someone else?

Based on this post from one of our members: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6938748&postcount=50

I'm going to guess that LA's apt. was the crime scene. It's unfortunate that I have learned through both Lauren Giddings and Leiby K.'s awful cases that dismemberment usually occurs at the site of the crime/murder. My assumption is that LA was transported to Texas in a suitcase or something similar.

I'm speechless... :(

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979720371

this article says the husband has been apprehended, but it is not great quality journalism.

ETA - is even real news?

Based on this post from one of our members: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6938748&postcount=50

I'm going to guess that LA's apt. was the crime scene. It's unfortunate that I have learned through both Lauren Giddings and Leiby K.'s awful cases that dismemberment usually occurs at the site of the crime/murder. My assumption is that LA was transported to Texas in a suitcase or something similar.

I'm speechless... :(

Yes i beleive your right. She was 5'8. They dismembered her and put in suitcase. moo! so sad.

WBTV News in Charlotte, NC has announced that the dismembered body of Laura Jean Akerson has been located and identified in Tx. They stated that she was probably killed in NC and taken to Texas. A suspect is in custody.

My prayers go out to her children, parents, family, and friends.

With so many conflicting and confusing reports, it is getting so easy to point fingers at the ex-spousal equivalent because our experience shows the hubby almost always "did" it.

I think this case has many more twists and turns to make before the truth is shown. It all just feels half-baked.

Just a headsup: It's being said (and possibly about to be reported) that the ex-boyfriend/father of children and his wife have been arrested. I would say see wral.com or newsobserver.com

This is horrible. When is the killing of young mothers in NC going to stop!?!?!!!

Just a headsup: It's being said (and possibly about to be reported) that the ex-boyfriend/father of children and his wife have been arrested. I would say see wral.com or newsobserver.com

Haven't found that info yet, but it is not surprising. I feared that would happen. If true, those 3 babies have lost mother/father/mother-figure (since they lived with new wife).

Somebody worth a damn needs to come to the rescue of those 3 kids. Surely someone loved all 3.

WRAL is now reporting in "breaking news" just as JohnFear said. However, it is not yet updated in the story.

Raleigh police detectives confirmed that they traveled to Texas to continue their investigation into Ackerson's disappearance, but declined to release any other information.

Joe Garza, a crime scene witness, said he saw authorities take two coolers wrapped in saran wrap, a gun and a saw out of a house.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9902277/

yikes! wonder where the kids were? What is this world coming too? :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members