Tim Miller: Possible Lawsuit against Casey

This worker is getting paid by NBC to be KC's literary agent. :banghead:

Oh, this person better be careful or they will find themselves in a deposition or two. lol

I hope someone shows this article to the judge.

Casey won't be doing any interviews until after the suits are resolved, if ever. There's nothing she can say that won't work against her in court.

Hi Chilly Willy - I saw your comment in the Legal Thread answering my comment but since I can't respond in the Legal I'm trying to see if I can catch you here.

:seeya:

Yes, I heard Baez's statement about the abuse being a theory, but I did not hear him say the drowning was a theory after the trial. :waitasec:

Hi Chilly Willy - I saw your comment in the Legal Thread answering my comment but since I can't respond in the Legal I'm trying to see if I can catch you here.

:seeya:

Yes, I heard Baez's statement about the abuse being a theory, but I did not hear him say the drowning was a theory after the trial. :waitasec:
Thanks for bringing it over here. I could be remembering wrong but even if Baez only admitted that the abuse story was a theory, it still shows that the defense can present anything they can imagine as a defense with no evidence to back it up.

The tip off that the drowning story is what Baez calls a theory (and the rest of us would call a lie) is that Baez didn't know what time of day it happened..."could have been morning, or afternoon....or...no, it was morning...we'll never know". Obviously if Casey told him Caylee drowned she also would have been able to tell him what time of day it happened.

IMO, tracking dogs at that point would have been a waste, a huge waste. Tim knew the car smelled like decomp. He knew he was searching for a dead body, in spite of his claims that Casey fooled him by claiming Caylee was alive. He needed cadaver dogs.

Is there a link to Cindy refusing to give Tim an item of Caylee's? I've only seen that mentioned here and I've noticed that sometimes information from here is not always totally accurate or fairly presented.

I believe TM would have been the better judge of that and he did ask for an article of Caylee's so they could track. Only he would know whether or not it was worth an effort. TM made the claim on a video and it could be in his deposition. I have no idea if the video is still around. jmo

Thanks for bringing it over here. I could be remembering wrong but even if Baez only admitted that the abuse story was a theory, it still shows that the defense can present anything they can imagine as a defense with no evidence to back it up.

The tip off that the drowning story is what Baez calls a theory (and the rest of us would call a lie) is that Baez didn't know what time of day it happened..."could have been morning, or afternoon....or...no, it was morning...we'll never know". Obviously if Casey told him Caylee drowned she also would have been able to tell him what time of day it happened.

At the time I just took that as Baez forgetting his lines.....:innocent:

Which he did frequently in that trial....

I believe TM would have been the better judge of that and he did ask for an article of Caylee's so they could track. Only he would know whether or not it was worth an effort. TM made the claim on a video and it could be in his deposition. I have no idea if the video is still around. jmo

Also - Tim gives me the impression he is pretty involved in each search he does and doesn't spend a whole lot of time getting to know a case before he rides into town to do a search. I think he was expecting to hear the details from the family and.....well we know the rest...

At the time I just took that as Baez forgetting his lines.....:innocent:

Which he did frequently in that trial....

I think he made a mistake by bringing a time line into it and tried to cover for it by saying 'we'll never know." The prosecution could have thrown his drowning story out of the water, so to speak, if he had committed to any particular time of day that it happened.

I think he made a mistake by bringing a time line into it and tried to cover for it by saying 'we'll never know." The prosecution could have thrown his drowning story out of the water, so to speak, if he had committed to any particular time of day that it happened.

I was never able to figure out why SA didn't try and rebut the drowning because of the activity of the cellphones, pings and computer activity that morning. If there was a drowning the activities did not stop. KC was still on the phone, texting and on the computer. jmo

I was never able to figure out why SA didn't try and rebut the drowning because of the activity of the cellphones, pings and computer activity that morning. If there was a drowning the activities did not stop. KC was still on the phone, texting and on the computer. jmo

I've always thought the prosecution made a mistake in not presenting a time line of Casey's and the other A's activities that day. From what I've seen, it's very obvious that Caylee was killed in the middle of the afternoon, after the flurry of phone calls from Casey to her parents who were at work.

What he said was -"Early morning hours, the exact time is not known,it could have been early afternoon, early morning,actually it was the early morning hours' - then he relates how Caylee was found drowned...
He presents that information as fact.

I think the simple answer here is the state's first (only?) obligation in trial is to try to prove their version of events, not try to disprove the defense theory. That in turn would take away from their own case that they are trying to prove.

It was brought up in trial and probably is still true. If you start going down the road of what the defense is bringing in trial with no evidence to support it, then some way you are actually giving some sort of credence to the theory for the jury, since you are going out of your way to disprove something that's impossible to prove (since there's no evidence).

What he said was -"Early morning hours, the exact time is not known,it could have been early afternoon, early morning,actually it was the early morning hours' - then he relates how Caylee was found drowned...
He presents that information as fact.

He's not presenting anything as fact (we've gone over this). It's up to the jury as to the finder of fact or not.

He's not presenting anything as fact (we've gone over this). It's up to the jury as to the finder of fact or not.

I disagree- when he states "Actually it was the early morning hours" he is stating it as fact. Definition of Actually = fact. Existing, and not merely potential or possible. He did not say I have a theory about this, he told them what 'actually' happened..

I disagree- when he states "Actually it was the early morning hours" he is stating it as fact. Definition of Actually = fact. Existing, and not merely potential or possible. He did not say I have a theory about this, he told them what 'actually' happened..

Check out some of the latest posts in the lawyer thread, they go over this as far as JB statements in court.

I heard it that way too ZsaZsa and now I am wondering how the jurors are feeling about the news that this was just a theory - read lie - and they seemed to have based their decision on the "hey - it could have happened that way" stories Baez came up with at trial....

Because they had overwhelming circumstantial evidence that no sane person would think the jury would ignore....

Check out some of the latest posts in the lawyer thread, they go over this as far as JB statements in court.

I don't need to read that thread, I was responding to Chilly Willy's post where she says Baez didn't know what happened and was presenting the drowning story as theory. I don't believe it was fact and we all know how well the Jury did in assessing what was factual, but what the record shows is that he presented it to them as a fact,not a theory as to what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada
Back