Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is wierd - the search area is Poletown East (named for the Polish immigrant who settled there).

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...arch/-/1719418/4895018/-/ig6jxfz/-/index.html

This is where the GM Detroit/Hamtramck assembly plant is....

Poletown is actually a logical search area considering where D'Andre was staying on Mitchell St and his possible route that morning. Having worked in the Poletown area for 22 years, Conant Ave. which runs along the eastern boundary of Hamtramck would provide the most direct access to Custer St. and/or WCCC from Mitchell St. Along Conant and adjacent streets like Mound Rd. and Mt. Elliott, there are multiple cemeteries, abandoned homes, vacant lots and other potential dumping grounds for a small body.

Mr. BDE

No ice yet, but that water is cold! Only a thin layer in the mornings that melts by mid afternoon behind my house but my canal has no current.

The currents in the Detroit River are very strong.

DH and I were just saying the same thing: Very rare for the Detroit River to freeze unless we have a long and bitterly cold winter. The retention pond in our subdivision doesn't even freeze completely every winter, and it's only about 8 feet deep.

It looks like some of the first few videos and articles are no longer available from the news site. Sorry.
IIRC, it was the first video posted. The mom and her brother (OJ) are standing together. This was before the searches began, and before they got the shirts with the photos of Bianca on them. They are describing Bianca and how smart she is and that she can read and likes to watch Jeopardy.

They say they just talked to her the previous evening and the reporter asks them what she said. They shrug and struggle with the answer. The mom says 'words, she talked, just words'. The put the mic in front of Oj and he shrugs and says 'just words'. Their demeanor seemed to show something was not right, but that may be due to Bianca going missing.

I remember this . . . the video is gone? Darn - really hate that MSM doesn't archive stuff

I've been gone most of the evening but just got in and caught a very quick interview with the mother Banika. Did anyone else catch it??? I'm looking to see if I can find a link.

I found it a bit odd, she was very soft spoken and really did not have much to say. She also appeared extremely worried while at the same time sure Banica was ok and unharmed? Nothing like this interview.

UNCUT: Missing Detroit girl's mother speaks

Published On: Dec 05 2011 06:52:02 PM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...eaks/-/1719418/4880712/-/rott1yz/-/index.html

I also ran across this link which contains a video of an interview with a man who remains off camera saying he witnessed something in the alley but of course he "never saw a face".

Wayne County Sheriff's deputies help in search for Bianca Jones

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/wayne-county-sheriff%27s-officers-to-help-in-search-for-bianca-jones

ty for that link. Banika carries herself very well. Toward the end of the interview is where she is being deceptive IMO. She claims to not have heard DL's story of what happened and to have no opinion about his story. I thought her hesitation before speaking once those questions began and then her insistence that all she can focus on or think about is her baby right now was deceptive.

Not saying I think she is deceptive or suspect or anything. It is actually my opinion that she has indeed heard the story DL has told and that she does indeed have an opinion on it but that it is not something she wants to discuss. She only wants to discuss Bianca.

I think this is wise on her part. There is enough speculation about DL's story already, she, IMO, does not want to further detract from her main focus (Bianca) by getting dragged into any sort of talk about DL, her relationship with him, his history, etc.

IMO, She was ON POINT.

Bout broke my heart when she spoke directly to Bianca. I felt her pain.

ty for that link. Banika carries herself very well. Toward the end of the interview is where she is being deceptive IMO. She claims to not have heard DL's story of what happened and to have no opinion about his story. I thought her hesitation before speaking once those questions began and then her insistence that all she can focus on or think about is her baby right now was deceptive.

Not saying I think she is deceptive or suspect or anything. It is actually my opinion that she has indeed heard the story DL has told and that she does indeed have an opinion on it but that it is not something she wants to discuss. She only wants to discuss Bianca.

I think this is wise on her part. There is enough speculation about DL's story already, she, IMO, does not want to further detract from her main focus (Bianca) by getting dragged into any sort of talk about DL, her relationship with him, his history, etc.

IMO, She was ON POINT.

Bout broke my heart when she spoke directly to Bianca. I felt her pain.

Found the short 2 minute interview from tonight. I agree in the interview done at the station she seemed very well spoken and strong. This one is much different. Its almost as if she is afraid to talk about what she thinks:waitasec: The reporter asks her alot of questions I've seen being asking here on the board.

See if you catch the eyeroll in the very begining when they ask about DL. I also think she is hiding something...though I have no idea what it is.

Video by this title linked on page. Can't find a direct link to video yet.

http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/video#ixzz1g0wWzdNE

~

I wonder if she a) disbelieves his story but b) can't allow herself to go there as it means it is less likely that Bianca is out there alive with someone who may decide to return her. IDK, but this is one strong lady. So far she has kept it together. I wonder if not travelling down that trail of thought has helped her to maintain that strong face?

I agree, there is something hinky about her body language etc when the subject of DL or his story of the events on that day come up.

I wonder if she a) disbelieves his story but b) can't allow herself to go there as it means it is less likely that Bianca is out there alive with someone who may decide to return her. IDK, but this is one strong lady. So far she has kept it together. I wonder if not travelling down that trail of thought has helped her to maintain that strong face?

I agree, there is something hinky about her body language etc when the subject of DL or his story of the events on that day come up.

BBM

I strongly believe that LE is behind her not saying a peep about what she thinks about Daddy Dearest and his actions on that day.

Found the short 2 minute interview from tonight. I agree in the interview done at the station she seemed very well spoken and strong. This one is much different. Its almost as if she is afraid to talk about what she thinks:waitasec: The reporter asks her alot of questions I've seen being asking here on the board.

See if you catch the eyeroll in the very begining when they ask about DL. I also think she is hiding something...though I have no idea what it is.

Video by this title linked on page. Can't find a direct link to video yet.

http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/video#ixzz1g0wWzdNE

~

Here's the transcript of this interview:
Banika: Put her in the car, waved bye-bye, and she left.
R: Did you and Deandre talk about anything, were you all on good speaking terms, there was no problem?
B: Yes, I spoke to my daughter the day before she disappeared and everything was fine, everything was normal
R: At what point do you have a one-on-one conversation with Deandre
B: I didn't
R: You didn't
B: No i didn't get a chance to talk to him
R: so he never explained
B: No, I never heard his story, I never
R: When you hear that he said he was car-jacked and your baby is gone, do you want to talk to him, do you believe him
B: I can't think about that right now, all I think about all the time, every day, is where is my daughter.
R: I know you're heart is aching and you want your baby home and I know that's the bottom line..but I mean are you worried? Do you have something to say to someone who may have her?
B: I'm worried that she won't be home in time for Christmas, I'm worried that she'll miss all the parties
R: Is there Anyone who'd want to harm Deandre harm you in some way. Is there anyone who would want to take your daughter away. Anyone you can think of?
B: I don't know any reason that anyone would be willing to put me put my child or me through this
Has it ever crossed your mind that possibly something might have happened, he might have gotten afraid. That possibly he accidently hurt her? Anything like that ever cross your mind?
B: I just don't want to think that he would hurt my child, his child, our child

When I watched it, I thought she looked exhausted. I also thought she looked sad and almost resigned to face some possibilities that she doesn't want to about DL. I think she is hiding something, but it's reasonable to think she's doing it per LE's advice.

--a bit of a timeline ..

November 26/2011

Bianca celebrates her 2nd birthday, her Mom Banika agrees to letting her spending a week with her father d’andre lane, 32. She leaves with him, Banika has not seen her since.

December 1/2011

--d’andre says-- (in an interview 12/7)

--d’andre--“…. when she called that ,the night before all this happened, she called, and she talked to Bianca. Her uncle talked to Bianca. You know, so all these allegations of people saying I abuse my child, or my child was unresponsive, she talked to her mother that night, you know.”

--Reporter-- “And agreed to have you keep her for a month?”

--d’andre-- “Right, and agreed to have me keep her for a month, and I would come over there and get some more clothes for her and she would stay with me for the month.

--news article—"Bianca’s Uncle Oliver Jones said the girl had been staying with her father for the past week and last night was the last time that mom Banika Jones spoke to his niece".

“We both talked to her last night over the phone. We were just talking to her and she was just over her dad’s house for a week and stuff. We were just talking to her because we hadn’t heard from her,” said Jones.

--"A child who was in the home Thursday evening, the day before all of this happened, told police that she saw Lane beating Bianca and the two-year-old may have been unresponsive following the incident".

--d’andre-- "She might of missed going to the potty," Lane said. "I might have spanked her bottom...It's just a parent being a parent."

-- "Lane does admit to having a small paddle he uses to discipline his children, and while he may have used it on Bianca the night before she disappeared because of the potty incident, he says she was not abused".

December 2/2011

7:30 a.m. ---d’andre’s girlfriend says he left their house on Mitchell , and Bianca was with him.

8:00 a.m.--- "Melissa Isaac, 30, was walking her children to the school bus stop on Glendale Street near 14th Street just before 8 a.m. when she saw Lane drive by, though she didn't pay attention as to whether any children were in the car".

8:02 a.m.---d’andre’s car is spotted on surveillance , dropping his 15 year off nephew off at school, nephew says Bianca was in the car.

-- “Lane's car was spotted by surveillance cameras at Wayne County Community College near the Detroit River not long before the alleged carjacking”.

9:20 a.m.---d’andre is carjacked near Custer and Brush Street, slightly north of East Grand Boulevard…”Deondre Lane, said he pulled over near Interstate 75 and East Grand Boulevard after a driver in a red car had shouted to him that something was wrong with his taillights. Lane said a man then pulled a gun on him and took off with his silver Mercury Marquis, which still had his daughter strapped in her car seat.”.

9:55 a.m.--Lane reports he was carjacked.

--Amber Alert Issued--- Incident Date: 12/2/2011...Time: 09:20

http://www.amberalert.com/alerts/3cec43b86819a403e513d2b2d0782ec6/

10:10 a.m. --- “Within minutes, the car was found at Beaubien and Philadelphia, less than a mile away from where the car was stolen, the engine running , the driver’s side door open. The car seat is still in the vehicle, Bianca is gone”.

-- “Up to 75 Detroit Police officers including members of the department's special operations, canine and horse-mounted units were searching vacant homes and looking in vehicles and questioning neighbors in the area where the car was found abandoned Friday”.

--Banika and d’andre are taken in for questioning, Banika goes home, d’andre is held on an unrelated warrant, for violating a personal protection order.

--“The FBI flew a polygraph expert into Detroit. It took Lane nearly an hour to come up with a description of the man he said carjacked him, sources said”.

- "Suspect No. 1: A black male, approx. 6', 190 lbs., wearing a black jacket with a red shirt underneath, dark pants and a brown and black hat, a thin scraggly beard, armed with a blue steel revolver."
- "Suspect No. 2: Undescribed, except that he is said to have exited a small red, boxy-styled car."

-- “Lane failed a polygraph test about the incident. He reportedly scored low on the questions "Did you have anything to do with her disappearance?" and "Do you know where she is now?"

--“Police took several items from Lane's home on Mitchell Street near Seven Mile Road during searches Friday and Saturday, but have not yet found anything of evidentiary value, sources said”.

December 3/2011.

-- Chief Godbee: Search for missing Bianca Jones is 'priority one'.
-- Bianca's distraught mother, Banika Jones, made an emotional plea at the press conference.
-- "I want my sister back really really badly," Bianca's sister said.

December 4/2011.

--Chief Godbee released a statement saying,"In the interest of allaying some of the fears of the public regarding the apparent randomness of Bianca's disappearance, the authenticity and credibility of the original version of events is under intense scrutiny by our investigative team."

--“On Sunday, Michigan State Police searched Lane's home. Police told Local 4 that they recovered a "significant amount of evidence" from the home”.

-- “Some family members have said they doubt Lane's story, because he called his girlfriend about the alleged carjacking before calling the police, according to WXYZ-TV”.

December 5/2011.

--“Monday morning, the dive team searched the riverfront between Fort Street and Rosa Parks”.

--“Police also searched d’andre lane’s home Monday morning, but declined to provide details”.

-- “The father of missing two-year-old Bianca Jones was released from the Oakland County Jail in Pontiac just after 3:00 p.m, ordered to undergo anger management classes”.

--Lawyered-up. “Defense lawyer Terry L. Johnson says reports Lane isn't aiding police are untrue. Johnson says his client will continue helping investigators and hopes for his daughter's safe return”.

-- “Her mother told FOX 2 that as of Monday afternoon, Lane had not tried to contact her”.

-- “Officials from the DPD, FBI and Michigan State Police searched a home near East 7 Mile and Conant. According to WXYZ-7, a neighbor told the broadcast outlet that Lane had stayed in that home”.

December 6/2011

--d’andre and his lawyer appear on Nancy Grace. In a strange twist, they refuse to talk about the day of “the incident”, will not describe the carjackers, or what they were wearing. Nancy totally loses it on both of them!

December 7/2011

--“More than 525 people have helped city and state police, Detroit firefighters and the FBI search abandoned houses, fields and alleys in neighborhoods. Searchers have been focused in areas on Detroit's east side, between Interstate 75 and Chene and Interstate 94 and Warren Avenue”.

--“During a press conference at a west-side attorney's office, Lane broke down in tears while describing his anguish over his daughter's disappearance, and the public perception that he had something to do with it”.

"This is unfair," Lane said. "I'm the bad guy right now.

--“Lane said he has received death threats because of the public's perception that he had something to do with his daughter's disappearance”.

-- “Police searched Lane's home on Mitchell Street three times, confiscating several items. "I was told they took his laptop, some flash drives and the sheets from his daughter's bed," Johnson said”.

December 8/2011.

-- “A DDot bus driver told detectives he saw the car of the girl's father, Dandre Lane, in the area where he claimed to have been hijacked December 2nd. He also said he saw Lane driving the car alone”.

--“A second witness claims to have been looking out a window in a nearby building when she watched Lane pull his car into a dead-end alley, get out and just walk away”.

-- “Detroit Police Sgt. Eren Stephens said Thursday the volunteers have searched about 6 square miles past where police found Lane's car. The search, Stephens said, is to expand within 8 square miles”.

--the search for Bianca continues.

I also ran across this link which contains a video of an interview with a man who remains off camera saying he witnessed something in the alley but of course he "never saw a face".

Wayne County Sheriff's deputies help in search for Bianca Jones

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/wayne-county-sheriff's-officers-to-help-in-search-for-bianca-jones

---also mentioned in that video, LE has finished processing the 'carjacked' car----and returned it to the owner----a friend of d'andreL.

---good thing he didn't lose his buddy's car---as well as his child.

Is it possible that there really was a "carjacking"...but it was a pre arranged "carjacking" in order to get rid of the body?....

Bianca possibly died after the beating the night before...it is possible she already had bruises and that is why DL wanted to suddenly keep little B for a month..because he couldn't take her back to mom with bruises. Maybe she died that night after another "paddeling" and DL arranged with some shady buddies to dispose of little B the next day with the cover of a "carjacking".

D'Andre's friends car? :thud: Could this be the unidentified suspect #2 in the 'boxy red car'?

Wow, what a timeline. What a 'bombshell' the Grand Marquis does not belong to D'Andre.

I'm now wondering about accomplices, accessories after the fact, impeding an investigation. Speculating on potential persons versus person of interest. Possibly the friend who owns the Grand Marquis, the 15 yr old nephew as well as the other 2 year old's mother.

What has D'Andre done? and how many persons has he involved?

If I were DL, I'd start considering talking to my attorney and trying to negotiate a deal before LE puts this case together and all deals are off the table.

Instead of thinking about what might happen to his children if something happens to their dad if he searches, he ought to be thinking about what might happen to his children if they learn the truth by the way of the undisputable evidence which contradicts dads story. It might make a huge difference in charges and sentencing.

The clocks ticking. If LE puts this together and is prepared to make an arrest and bring charges the clock stops and all deals are off the table.

This is not going to end well unfortunately.

moo

D'Andre's friends car? :thud: Could this be the unidentified suspect #2 in the 'boxy red car'?

Wow, what a timeline. What a 'bombshell' the Grand Marquis does not belong to D'Andre.

I'm now wondering about accomplices, accessories after the fact, impeding an investigation. Speculating on potential persons versus person of interest. Possibly the friend who owns the Grand Marquis, the 15 yr old nephew as well as the other 2 year old's mother.

What has D'Andre done? and how many persons has he involved?

If I were DL, I'd start considering talking to my attorney and trying to negotiate a deal before LE puts this case together and all deals are off the table.

Instead of thinking about what might happen to his children if something happens to their dad if he searches, he ought to be thinking about what might happen to his children if they learn the truth by the way of the undisputable evidence which contradicts dads story. It might make a huge difference in charges and sentencing.

The clocks ticking. If LE puts this together and is prepared to make an arrest and bring charges the clock stops and all deals are off the table.

This is not going to end well unfortunately.

moo

yes...its all starting to make sense isn't it Cubby?...I'll bet LE are also putting the peices together!

Does anyone know how long DL had had his friends car for?...If he had borrowed it that morning or the night before then that is EXTREMELY hinky.

Did DL not have a car of his own?

Why was the 15 yr old nephew in the car...why was DL dropping him at school?..Was this usual? Or was this an attemp to have a witness to a "live" B in the car?

More than 30 Wayne County deputies joined the search Thursday, which was expanded beyond the Central District into the Northeast District. They led a group of volunteers in an organized and meticulous effort in the area of Forest and Chene.

Police say they’ve already searched these areas, but are glad to have new sets of eyes look it over again. Tips are still coming in, and they'll still be out with volunteers for the next few days, searching and looking.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/searchers-won't-give-up-on-bianca

yes...its all starting to make sense isn't it Cubby?...I'll bet LE are also putting the peices together!

Does anyone know how long DL had had his friends car for?...If he had borrowed it that morning or the night before then that is EXTREMELY hinky.

Did DL not have a car of his own?

Why was the 15 yr old nephew in the car...why was DL dropping him at school?..Was this usual? Or was this an attemp to have a witness to a "live" B in the car?

It's possible, maybe highly probable, the Grand Marquis belongs to the other 2 year old childs mother. If a classmate of (one of) DL's childs mother recognized the car at 8:02am while at the bus stop this is a vehicle DL has access to fairly often.

jmo

It's possible, maybe highly probable, the Grand Marquis belongs to the other 2 year old childs mother. If a classmate of (one of) DL's childs mother recognized the car at 8:02am while at the bus stop this is a vehicle DL has access to fairly often.

jmo

Yes thats a point!...in fact a car seat was probably already in that car if it belonged to the other mother as she has a 2 year old herself.
hmmm..she must be thanking her lucky stars it wasn't HER 2 yr old that went out with daddy that morning!:waitasec:

Good morning, peeps and thanks for all the late night/overnight updates. I had to take a break from the Bianca case and watched a Lifetime holiday movie last night. I'm sure that all of us are expecting the worst, and I'm almost afraid to even think about what happened to beautiful little Bianca Jones. jmo

We had snow overnight that continues as I type. Let's keep the searchers in our thoughts and prayers today as they brave the cold to find Bianca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77