MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

I really believed they knew more than they were letting on.
It appears I was wrong :(

I was wrong then too ACL.

It's been three months, I can't imagine there are any test results they haven't received yet. Even any DNA test would more than likely have come back by now. :(

I was wrong then too ACL.

It's been three months, I can't imagine there are any test results they haven't received yet. Even any DNA test would more than likely have come back by now. :(

Hi Kat, I know it seems like forever to me but look at the article below,
apparently a Detroit Rapist took priority over Nevaeh so not sure if everything is back yet or not:

DNA search for Detroit rapist took priority

Snipped by me:

The suspect sought by authorities "was an immediate threat to the public," Capt. Michael Thomas, director of the MSP's forensic science division, said when explaining why the assaults were pushed to the top of the state's most-urgent list.

But authorities say the expediency came with a price: Thousands of other cases sat ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The last case to get the dubious honor of being the State Police's top priority was that of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl whose body was discovered last month in a shallow grave in Raisinville Township.

"Any time we take to focus on one case, something else gets pushed back," Thomas said. "It's a very big concern" to public safety.

Perhaps of even more concern: One of the state's seven crime labs is set to close Oct. 1 because of state budget problems, and state workers still have five days of unpaid furlough to take in the next three months.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
At year's end, the State Police lab was behind 2,989 cases needing biological testing, which includes DNA analysis, Thomas said. Even after sending nearly 2,000 of those cases to outside agencies, the state, as of June 30, was still backlogged 2,341 cases -- and the number is climbing.

"We're behind and we're not catching up," Thomas said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090728/NEWS01/907280360

I guess a child murderer is not an "immediate threat to the public," even though, according to to police (sheriffs?), they do not have any clues as to who did this??????

I come here every day, hoping for SOMETHING...God, I know YOU will take good care of Neveah!

:doh: thanks mysticrose

Checking again and see that no arrest has been made. When, when, when???

Events scheduled to raise money, awareness
, last modified August 26. 2009 11:21AM

Fundraiser planned

The extended family of Nevaeh Buchanan will host a fundraising spaghetti dinner from 3 to 10 p.m. Sunday at Sgt. Stanley Romanow-ski Post 6896, Veterans of Foreign Wars, hall, 28945 Joy Rd., Westland.

The goal is to collect enough money to erect a memorial park bench in Nevaeh’s honor at Riverside Early Childhood Center and to start an annual preschool scholarship fund.

Raffles for prizes donated by area merchants in Westland, Garden City, Livonia and Monroe will be conducted, as well as hourly 50/50 raffles. There will be live music, face painting and clowns for the kids.

Memorial T-shirts will be available.

The cost of the dinner is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Tickets can be purchased at the door.

For more information, call Risa Thompson at 419-3232 in the Garden City/Westland area or Anthony Boyer at 497-3898 in the Monroe area
http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090826/NEWS01/708269982

You know....I'm almost certain to say that these types of crimes peez off and sicken LE as much as they do us. That's the faith I'm going by today....that they are working on it and something will crack. What's her mom up to these days??? This poor child......

Still no word, no arrest, nothing. :confused: Rest in peace, pretty girl.

Any locals on here? What's her mom been up to and doing?? So sad...such a beautiful child to die so cruelly.

Still no word, no arrest, nothing. :confused: Rest in peace, pretty girl.

I followed this case from the beginning. I thought by now there would have been an arrest. Always look to see if there was any news. So sad but at least they found this poor child.

For all things, there is a season. For now, we wait patiently and faithfully. Today, as everyday, I offer prayers for you, sweet Neveah. You are not forgotten. Rest in peace, pretty girl.

I have been waiting for a new post here for a while now. Sad, I had hoped that by now someone would have beeen arrested and held accountable for this sweet girl's life. :angel:

I hope the community has not forotten about sweet Nevaeh. We havent :blowkiss:

i know, i google her name almost everyday hoping that some news, ANY NEWS, will come. her killer needs to be brought to justice, she deserves that. so sad...

This may have been posted already, but anything to bump Nevaeh's thread. I'm a little miffed at the article below only because Nevaeh's grandmother seems to be the only one talking on her behalf, where the h**l is her MOTHER ! Seems that she ducked out long ago from saying anything !
Any how I check daily in hopes of progress for this poor girls case some one knows something...it is time tospeak up !

Nevaeh's Family Waits for Answers
Reported by: Heather Catallo
Email: hcatallo@wxyz.com
Last Update: 9/25 10:18 am

Buchanan vanished from her home.
Detectives still have not caught the child’s killer – and Nevaeh’s family is begging for information.
Action News Investigator Heather Catallo has the latest in this tragic murder mystery.

This week – the Monroe County Sheriff released a new poster that begs for information about Nevaeh Buchanan’s murder.
But at this point Nevaeh’s family – wants more than glossy pictures and reward money – they want justice for Monroe’s little angel.

[Sherry Buchanan/Novae’s Grandma] “I don’t want to admit to myself that she’s gone. I want her to come home. I want her to come home still yet.”

Sherry Buchanan is constantly in pain.

[Sherry Buchanan/Nevaeh’s Grandma] “I cry to God every day. And I even looked at her picture on the TV, and I said, baby, Grandma’s going to find whoever did this. I said, I won’t rest until I know

http://www.wxyz.com/content/news/in...Waits-for-Answers/C364AFjI5Ua04pyeo_Mojg.cspx

Bump for Nevaeh...I cannot believe nothing is happening. Very frustrating, to say the least!!!

Bump for Nevaeh...I cannot believe nothing is happening. Very frustrating, to say the least!!!

BUMP for Nevaeh too. I always watch this thread and can not believe NOTHING has happened in her case lately. Her little body must have yielded some clues, eh? xox

I just read this comment on the Monroe News site

Word is that Jennifer Buchanan is 7 Months pregnant, So tell me this, is the state going to step in and take this one away, or are they goin to wait until SHE kills this one as well????? This is what the world needs to know...... But they are probably goin to wait, cause thats just Monroe for you... a very sorry commuity that dont know when the truth is right in front of them and just waits for something bad to happen, then they want to act like they are doin something..... i wouls also like to know what the S.O. Daddy is thinking, is this the reason why they had to get rid of little Nevaeh, becuase she wasnt good enough to have around so she could have a little brother or sister, oh wait she already does now, but she will never get to meet them.... Rest In Peace Nevaeh.. We Love You... And Miss You!!!!!!

-- Posted by NoHopeForTheWickedNotTheyAreFree on Sat, Oct 24, 2009, 6:44 pm EST [report this comment]

IMO, since there were no signs of sexual assault to Neveah I believe her "mom" is involved and also her piece of crap bf.
I think LE knows this but do not have enough to make charges stick or "prove" it.

My thoughts and opinions only.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back