NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
An eerily similar case popped up recently, David Miller (NV NV - David Miller - age 27- Las Vegas - 4-Sep-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)

He lives in Cedar City (an hour away from St George)
Last seen in Las Vegas
Car found parked in Henderson (one exit away from where Steven Koechers cell phone last pinged near Russell Rd)
He is LDS
Both went missing on a Sunday
Similar height/build
possibly distraught/depressive/going through a rough patch

Could the two cases possibly be related?
Here's a link to David Millers f/b for more info:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-David-Miller/122444347857536

An eerily similar case popped up recently, David Miller (NV NV - David Miller - age 27- Las Vegas - 4-Sep-2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)

He lives in Cedar City (an hour away from St George)
Last seen in Las Vegas
Car found parked in Henderson (one exit away from where Steven Koechers cell phone last pinged near Russell Rd)
He is LDS
Both went missing on a Sunday
Similar height/build
possibly distraught/depressive/going through a rough patch

Could the two cases possibly be related?
Here's a link to David Millers f/b for more info:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-David-Miller/122444347857536

I noted this too. some interesting similarities... MOO

Hi Liz b! Yes, I probably wasn't very clear in my post. Instead of responding to your (the pertinent post!) it brought up in my mind a theory that was batted around some early on -that he voluntarily "disappeared" to Brazil so I just started writing my thoughts about those earlier posts; then, forgot all about your post that prompted my thoughts. Argh! All I can say is that it's a good thing I'm only an "armchair" detective; my thought train is waaay too all over the place for anyone to actually have to depend on it!

As far as foul play, it just really stretches (my) imagination that someone in this age of connectivity and such an "identification" oriented society could stay under the radar for so long. If he were running, maybe, but there sure doesn't seem to be anything at all to point to that. If he just wanted a change in lifestyle, it seems to me that at some point he'd contact SOMEONE. When I look at his photo, though, it's hard to comprehend that he was the victim of foul play. He seems like such a kind "mainstream" kind of a guy -could be your next-door neighbor. What activity or in what company could a guy like this fall into that would lead there?

Hi Liz b! Yes, I probably wasn't very clear in my post. Instead of responding to your (the pertinent post!) it brought up in my mind a theory that was batted around some early on -that he voluntarily "disappeared" to Brazil so I just started writing my thoughts about those earlier posts; then, forgot all about your post that prompted my thoughts. Argh! All I can say is that it's a good thing I'm only an "armchair" detective; my thought train is waaay too all over the place for anyone to actually have to depend on it!

As far as foul play, it just really stretches (my) imagination that someone in this age of connectivity and such an "identification" oriented society could stay under the radar for so long. If he were running, maybe, but there sure doesn't seem to be anything at all to point to that. If he just wanted a change in lifestyle, it seems to me that at some point he'd contact SOMEONE. When I look at his photo, though, it's hard to comprehend that he was the victim of foul play. He seems like such a kind "mainstream" kind of a guy -could be your next-door neighbor. What activity or in what company could a guy like this fall into that would lead there?

IMO SK is the kind of guy who is a) somewhat naive b) behind on his bills and c) looking to make some quick $$$$. Not a good combination.MOO...

Thanks to several of you for the links with information on the new missing man, David Miller I agree that he seems to be similar to SK in several ways. However, his name is so common...TOO common.... it will make it difficult to do much websleuthing about him.

Hello, I have been gone for awhile. I have corresponded with someone in that neighborhood and this person sent me back another email with a comment that just doesn't ring true. Disappeared featuring Steven Koecher was aired on I.D again this evening and I agree with the P.I. that Steven Koecher walked into a big mess. I don't think he made it out of that neighborhood. Something about the person whom I have corresponded with makes me think something is wrong. Something that i read on one of his emails makes my suspicious that he is not telling the truth.

There is no activity on Steven Koecher's credit bureau. Steven Koecher would have turned up by now. At the least they would have been able to confirm his general whereabouts.

Kelly

K.R.

There is no activity on Steven Koecher's credit bureau. Steven Koecher would have turned up by now. At the least they would have been able to confirm his general whereabouts.

Provided he is going by that name now.

I could be wrong but I think I just found something very interesting! I was browsing Las Vegas Craigslist jobs and did a search for “Anthem” and found this ad with a VERY interesting phrase – “Perfect training and fit for LDS Missionaries.” I think this is something Steven very well could have responded to!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/sls/2568204106.html

The poster of the ad is constantly putting up new ads, all seem to be the same thing but the wording is a little different in each one. Doesn’t seem very legit to me. The person posting the ad has a different name than the person associated with that particular cell phone number. I found this out via google.

1. One person associated with that number may live on E Hammer Lane. If That person here to drive to Sun City Anthem from his house using Boulder Highway instead of the main roads, his trip would almost perfectly match up with the map of Steven’s cell phone pings.

2. Another person associated with the phone number given on Craigslist, also lives in an area where Steven’s cell phone binged and is not far from The E Hammer residence. Traveling from his home to Sun City Anthem using Boulder Highway also closely matches the map of Steven’s cell phone pings.

Are they the same person or perhaps business associates, two people running a scam together? Why would someone give one name on a Craigslist ad when the person that owns the phone clearly has a different first name? Are they family and they share a phone? My hinky meter is telling me something is weird here…

The more I think about this ad more questions pop into my head.

I've never seen a job posting targeting members of a particular religion. Seems like that would be considered some kind of discrimination. Is someone trying to lure in young LSD men with intentions other than offering them a job? And what would that be?

Hello, I have been gone for awhile. I have corresponded with someone in that neighborhood and this person sent me back another email with a comment that just doesn't ring true. Disappeared featuring Steven Koecher was aired on I.D again this evening and I agree with the P.I. that Steven Koecher walked into a big mess. I don't think he made it out of that neighborhood. Something about the person whom I have corresponded with makes me think something is wrong. Something that i read on one of his emails makes my suspicious that he is not telling the truth.

Kelly

K.R.

I sincerely hope you're not compromising or interfering with the investigation and that you are sharing whatever possibly legitimate information you find with LE.

Okay, last post of the day and I'm banning myself from sleuthing for the night! I have found more current postings for the same ad on Craigslist. The more current posts have a new contact name and phone number. The phone is either a cell or private landline. This has to be a scam!

I googled the new contact number and someone using that number is also trying to sell an Audi for $5000. The person claims that the car has been sitting around for months because the seller works out of town. Of course, no name given, location is Annapolis, Nevada.

Weird, weird and weirder...

Okay, last post of the day and I'm banning myself from sleuthing for the night! I have found more current postings for the same ad on Craigslist. The more current posts have a new contact name and phone number. The phone is either a cell or private landline. This has to be a scam!

I googled the new contact number and someone using that number is also trying to sell an Audi for $5000. The person claims that the car has been sitting around for months because the seller works out of town. Of course, no name given, location is Annapolis, Nevada.

Weird, weird and weirder...

Again, if you believe you have important info regarding Steven''s case, please contact the LE agencies working his case.

The more I think about this ad more questions pop into my head.

I've never seen a job posting targeting members of a particular religion. Seems like that would be considered some kind of discrimination. Is someone trying to lure in young LSD men with intentions other than offering them a job? And what would that be?

The *advertiser censored* industry loves to recruit young LDS men. There is a premium for their appearances in movies and still photos, and what the *advertiser censored* directors love is that they are easy to blackmail. I don't think there's anything in Steven's background that would suggest he would willing participate - but I think he could have been lured into a job ad like these, or someone claiming to be interested in his music, and then killed if he got righteously angry and tried to storm out or threatened to expose them. In California, the *advertiser censored* industry operates out of ordinary suburbs.

Since this thread is so quiet, though, I actually came to post another possibility. One thinking exercise to generate new ideas is to say, what would it obviously NOT have been? In other words, what are the most outlandish things we can think of that he would NOT have been doing in that neighborhood? This can shake free, by process of elimination, new ideas.

So my ideas are: he was not there to perform as a clown at a birthday party. Was he there to perform his music? Is that what he has under his arm? He was not there to clean someone's house. However, people did have a moving sale and move out shortly after. Were they talked to? Are there any cleaning companies that were contracted to clean out a house? He was not there to buy a puppy. He was not there to sell Avon. He was not there to read a meter.

I still think the location where he parked could be an important clue. If he was visiting somebody, why didn't he park in front of the house he planned to visit or in the driveway? The obvious answer is because the person he was visiting told him to park away from the house in the cul-de-sac. Why?

Looking at the satellite pics of the neighborhood, there are cars parked in front of houses, so you can park on the street if the driveway is full or so you don't block people in who are parked in the driveway.

The main possibility I see is that the driveway and the curb in front of the house he was visiting was full so there was no place to park (the neighbors could have complained in the past about overflow in front of their house, some people don't like that). I hope LE or the PI's have asked about this sort of thing when they canvassed the neighborhood.

There is also the possibility that Steven wasn't visiting anybody specific but was just passing out flyers for his business, so he decided to park in the cul-de-sac.

Anyway, I really hope LE has asked whether any of the residents in the area have seen people parking in the cul-de-sac before and going to a specific house. If he was visiting somebody I think he was probably told to park there for a reason. It would help to find out if there are any accounts of that happening before (without an associated disappearance).

Kelly

K.R.

Did you tell the authorities about this? I've always agreed with you. He met with foul play in that neighborhood.

I also believe whoever led Steven to that neighborhood instructed him to park where he did for a reason, and the real reason may be different from what Steven was told.

After studying Steven’s cell ping map, I’m starting to think that he had already gotten some kind of sales/door-to-door/courier job and was already in the process of working. This would explain why he started driving all over the place. I think he was in the Las Vegas area working door-to-door in several neighborhoods, including Sun City Anthem. Most of his cell pings are close to large housing communities with the exception of one out by Nellis AFB. Perhaps Sun City was just one of stops and something occurred when he was in that neighborhood.

If he took one of these fishy jobs from Craigslist as I’ve previously suggested, he could choose his own hours and job location. This would be why he told GW that he could make it back to St. George if needed, he was making his own schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member