Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray this is either Stacy or Lisa Stebic

I do too. Even if it's someone other than these two women then that family will have closure.

Why would ISP contact her family?

I believe it's a jurisdiction thing. Bolingbrook and Plainfield police were called to the scene, but since it's a river thing it's usually state police.

Okay I have been trying to get home after a long day after I had heard the news. The word around town here is that the body was found at a place called The Big Basin. It is one of my favorite places where the Desplaines River dumps off into this magical area where salmon spawn this time of year. I have some great pictures that I took about 3 summers ago of my fiancee' and his bandmate kicking back and writing music. The first pic is where the river dumps into a few channels of water, the second is the bottom of the fall where the river runs calm.
I was in town and saw my friend who is a Will-co homicide detective and I tried to pic his brain he would not say a word...he just smiled.
I asked him if the body was contained or just floating and he would not say a word.
I am very local and frequent this area alot...in fact we were just talking about going out there in the next week or so to get some pics at the Basin for a backdrop for the new album cover, and I have a friend that lives up the road from where this is all going down now so I will try to find out whatever I can.

Attachments

• The Basin.jpg
    The Basin.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Justa Fishin'.jpg
    Justa Fishin'.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 108
Drew will have no reaction. Sociopaths don't react. Well most don't. Although, some try and pull off the hyperventilation technique, prior to the identification of the remains of their victim, which falls under Sociopathic Stupidity 101.

They just kill and try to become superstars afterwards. He'll just chew his gum faster.

Wait, my kids can't chew gum in school - why does he get gum in the WCJ? Warden?

Take the gum away. I want to see what he does with his mouth when you take the gum away.

If the body is not completely decomposed they will be able to see a Tattoo. Stacy did/does have one on the small of her back and a scar across her stomach.

There are conflicting reports.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1583226,Body-found-in-river_JO052009.article

Near the shore, on the banks, in the water. I just hope its Stacy and that Bond goes to NO BOND and they use HIS GUM to hold the needle down that's going to deliver the lethal dose. How poignant if it is. Arrested in one murder, grand jurys rests on Stacy's case, and the skies open up...

On another site I have been reading where they know family members and friends of Stacy they are saying the remains are skeletal and only the lower half of the body has been found (sorry, grapic) clad only in panties. They are saying Stacy's family has been contacted by ISP about the remains. Why would ISP contact her family?

Also according to the site, they haven't contacted Lisa's family.Though they are saying that Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic investigators are at the scene and that Drew is being monitored as news is breaking.

It could be all speculation but I've found their site to be pretty accurate on Stacy information.

I've been told by a reputable source that the Stebic Family was contacted.

Could it be the panties be the bikini she took on vacation Drew?

Other local reports are saying that the body was found along the banks of the Desplaines in/near Chanahon. If that is the case, there is a marina by a lodge that used to be called The Big Basin. I saw a report on the news that showed the trellace where Interstate I 55 pases over the river and a boater that was at the marina said there was alot of police activity going on about a mile from where he was docked.
I just talked to my good friend that lives there and she knows alot of the troopers from the area and she is going to keep me posted.
Last I heard they had not removed the body yet, still processing the crime scene.

There are conflicting reports.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1583226,Body-found-in-river_JO052009.article

Near the shore, on the banks, in the water. I just hope its Stacy and that Bond goes to NO BOND and they use HIS GUM to hold the needle down that's going to deliver the lethal dose. How poignant if it is. Arrested in one murder, grand jurys rests on Stacy's case, and the skies open up...

This article says canine units were called in. Would this be to search for any nearby evidence/clothes, etc?

A little history on this area..it is right off interstate I55 which is a direct shot to both Plainfield and Bolingbrook. The exit for this area is heavily wooded, dark and private right by the river. There was another case of a family that was found shot in thier van, I will look up an link that case when I find it. This area has been a dumping ground the last several years. Here is another case that popped in my head when I saw the trellace on the news. The dad in this case allegedly threw them right off the trellace from the interstate, same spot.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-8923970_ITM

Will take a forensic anthropologist to identify the body. They do have DNA on file for both Stacy and Lisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member