50 chickens loose at school

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211...s_in_school;_ylt=AoOiOSxxiR6lPngybLQcz2LtiBIF

PHILADELPHIA - Monday mornings are hard enough. Imagine finding 50 chickens running loose in your high school.

Workers arriving about 5:30 a.m. to open Northeast High School in Philadelphia found dozens of hens and roosters wandering around the hallways. The birds were apparently brought to the school sometime over the weekend, said school district spokesman Fernando Gallard.

"We don't know where the chickens came from or who they belong to," Gallard said. "I'm pretty sure there is a very upset poultry farmer somewhere who wants them back."

:chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080211_50_chickens_close_Phila__high_school.html

Police and administrators are reviewing footage taken by surveillance cameras, Gallard said.

"It was an expensive prank. There's the lost staff hours, the police hours and the cost of cleanup," Gallard said.

Whoever is apprehended will have to pay a pretty hefty fine, Gallard said.

"It's not going to be chicken scratch," Gallard said.

The students will come back to roost tomorrow.

Ya man, you'll pay.:boohoo:
Reminds me of when the seniors or St Charles high school flattened all the tires of the school buses...:bang:

Well, I'm glad the chickens weren't harmed. I know it cost the city and school a lot of money, but hey, the kids got a day off and the chickens got a field trip! :laugh:

Someone put a baby cow on the roof of my highschool. How the heck they got it lifted up there I don't know. I'm just glad it didn't go over the edge and fall.

Well, I'm glad the chickens weren't harmed. I know it cost the city and school a lot of money, but hey, the kids got a day off and the chickens got a field trip! :laugh:

Ain't that the truth! :laugh:they even left feed for the chickens!!

Y'all beat me to this story. This school is like ten minutes away from me and the kids were all over the hood yelling and creating havoc because they didn't have to go into school. My girlfriends kids go to that school and she said they absolutely know who did it and they're in heap of trouble. BTW, I'm calling the chickens "chooks" for Dingo, and Shazz and gang.

:crazy::crazy:
Ain't that the truth! :laugh:they even left feed for the chickens!!

:woohoo::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::laugh::chicken::chicken:

I think it is a funny prank. I think the admins are being too hard about this. I know some punishment is in order...but from reading the article..I bet they are going to throw the book at them. :(

LOL now that is funny! If I were a teenager I would have loved it. My brothers senior class let loose about 100 white mice in the library.

When I was a child my neighbor Randy let loose his fighting *advertiser censored* on my head. I have not liked chickens since. LOL!

Of course, his brother Desmond has spent a lot of time in jail. Mostly for this type of behavior. The brothers were formidable in my youth.

Not a fan of chickens. Or of the Hale brothers. We all have similar stories of bad people. Shoot, I have met some recently that are worst.

When I was a child my neighbor Randy let loose his fighting *advertiser censored* on my head. I have not liked chickens since. LOL!

Of course, his brother Desmond has spent a lot of time in jail. Mostly for this type of behavior. The brothers were formidable in my youth.

Not a fan of chickens. Or of the Hale brothers. We all have similar stories of bad people. Shoot, I have met some recently that are worst.

Your neighbor had fighting *advertiser censored*? Really? I collect them. Not real ones of course. That'd scare the daylights out of anybody.

You guys are all corect in that it was a prank. Considering the schools here in Philly have every type of precaution known to man this is a huge embarassment as in these kids got away with this. Kids here shoot eachother. We just had a little girl on her way home from school receive 100 stitches in her face after getting "cut up" by other girls. Teachers get beat down regularly. They have cops in some schools and I mean real live cops. They all have retired cops patrolling. Then some kids let loose a bunch of chickens. Don't look good on the "Po Po" as they say. Plus some neighbors were yelling the kids went bizzerker in the neighborhood. No place to go. The majority do not live in that part of the city supposedly. Them kids are in trouble.

I wish children nowadays would stick to harmless pranks such as letting loose chickens instead of hurting each other..

This is a funny prank. Hope the pranksters remembered to leave chicken feed for the weekend. Years ago, my husband and a few other used a wench truck to put the principal's car on top of the high school. Another time, pigs were put in the school.

The headline in our today's Daily News front page was "DUMB CLUCKS". The articles were peppered with things like "THE POOP ON CHICKENS", and "THE MOST FOWL SCHOOL PRANK". Kids went back to school and apparently they believe it was seniors (duh) as the number 167 was written someplace. It will be Northeasts 167th graduating class this year. Cute picture of a T-Shirt a girl has that goes along with the article. The Tee says "I'm into chickens y'all".http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/new...not_chickens__back_at_Phila__high_school.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/new...not_chickens__back_at_Phila__high_school.html

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

<center>
chickentshirt300.jpg
</center>

:blowkiss:
Y'all beat me to this story. This school is like ten minutes away from me and the kids were all over the hood yelling and creating havoc because they didn't have to go into school. My girlfriends kids go to that school and she said they absolutely know who did it and they're in heap of trouble. BTW, I'm calling the chickens "chooks" for Dingo, and Shazz and gang.
Hey Filly.....Im pleased the chooks came out of this unscaved:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni