CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Tricia will buy us a copy of Ayres' tape? I think we need to establish a WS lending library of pertinent and educational reading and audio visual materials.

I am late to the party but I am toasting you all.

I wish the Ayres tape had included video; can you even IMAGINE the expressions on the faces of the audience??? Each and every one of them was saying "Note to self-do not send a single patient HIS way!!!"

I am late to the party but I am toasting you all.

I wish the Ayres tape had included video

Oh, boy... talk about a can of worms... There IS video! (Not of the audio tape, but of his sex ed series.) But it's very hard to get a copy.

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2009/09/ayres-sex-ed-series-male-episode.html

Skip ahead to the second green paragaraph if you want to skip all the details and just get to the part that will make you purge your dinner.

This has been one heck of a day! :crazy:

Oh, boy... talk about a can of worms... There IS video! (Not of the audio tape, but of his sex ed series.) But it's very hard to get a copy.

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2009/09/ayres-sex-ed-series-male-episode.html

Skip ahead to the second green paragaraph if you want to skip all the details and just get to the part that will make you purge your dinner.

This has been one heck of a day! :crazy:

I am sipping a nice Italian wine that I would like to keep in my tummy, thank you lol.

On a personal note, On-you are something else. If we can make you laugh at this monsterous buffoon, that is worth quite a bit to many of us here on the board!! :blowkiss:

I am sipping a nice Italian wine that I would like to keep in my tummy, thank you lol.

On a personal note, On-you are something else. If we can make you laugh at this monsterous buffoon, that is worth quite a bit to many of us here on the board!! :blowkiss:

Yep... I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Lots of good humor (some intentional and some not) coming at me from lots of people today. The word of the 6th (known) civil suit helped too... good timing on that info... provided a bit of body armor.

I skipped the beer and decided on a nice old vine Zinfandel. Been open for awhile, not too good, but not too bad.

Yep... I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Lots of good humor (some intentional and some not) coming at me from lots of people today. The word of the 6th (known) civil suit helped too... good timing on that info... provided a bit of body armor.

I skipped the beer and decided on a nice old vine Zinfandel. Been open for awhile, not too good, but not too bad.

Add some selzer water to it-I know, sommaliers everywhere just shuddered...

So I wonder what William Ayres is doing with all of his spare time while he is out being evaluated as a few bricks short of a full load?? Does he grocery shop? Garden? Sight see? Does he have lots of supporters who will buy him a round of beer?

There's a reason the gods bestowed the vines on us. They knew we'd need the fruits of those lovely vines. The vines are my friends.

One can let loose of some of the uglies in a pool of golden chards or dark cherry reds. Hmmmm.

I was one of two people who saw the Ayres sex ed series at a screening two years ago provided by the San Francisco PBS station KQED. We only saw a couple of episodes. But the ones we saw were bizarre. In one scene, Ayres ( who sounds and looks like a taller version of Truman Capote, but with more hair) puts a sweater over his shoulder and punches his fist through a folded sleeve. He was demonstrating how the foreskin on a penis retracts. He pushes his fist through the sleeve repeatedly, and dramatically. This was performed in front of little boys and girls seated on the television stage.

That fist-through-the- sleeve sweater scene was so weird that even the publicist for KQED was covering his eyes with his hands. At other times, the publicist seemed completely embarrassed by Ayres' series, and rolled his eyes a lot and laughed nervously.

How this creepy show ever was nationally televised to school age children during the 1960s, I will never know.

little early to send me running for the vomit bag today......

:eek:

Words fail.

Hey, I wonder if anyone can grab a screen shot from it to show Ayres at that age?

When friends (who don't know that I'm involved in this crap) say "truth is stranger than fiction" I always do a bit of a spit-take, at how little they know. It's a bit like being part of an improbable Hollyweird drama. Some times you just step back and say:

"Really?... REALLY???"

There is a photo of Ayres from the San Francisco Chronicle in 1968 in a story about the controversy about the series. Alas, there are very few copies of this show " A Time of Your Life" available. It was shot on video and KQED had to rent special equipment and a screening room to show it.

Throughout the show, Ayres shows naked photos of adults. He talks about sex in a very detached and flat lifeless voice. I suppose he was trying to act professorial (but instead he just ends up sounding depressed). To my mind, he used the nude photos to desensitize children about sex in the same way that pedophiles show *advertiser censored* photos to kids to groom and desensitize them.

One of Ayres' former medical partners said that he found Ayres sex ed series to be so disgusting, graphic, and "over the top" that he stopped watching after he saw the fist-through-the- sleeve episode. This partner said he felt that Ayres was using the show to "procure."

NBC News in San Francisco: "Watched Child Molestation Trial Takes New Turn"

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...Molestation-Trial-Take-New-Turn-88287952.html

Excerpt:
On Tuesday, Ayres appeared in court with his new defense attorney Jonathan McDougall, who requested doctors examine the competency of his patient.

Judge Beth Freeman agreed to suspend criminal proceedings in the case and appointed two doctors to examine Ayres.

McDougall did not give a reason in court for why he believes his client may not be competent to stand trial. He did not immediately return a call today seeking comment.

Ayres' lawyer didn't give a reason because he doesn't have one. Hope the San Mateo DA is going to fight back hard. Seems to me the judge has given everything to Ayres.

I just want to get this clear-

Ayres attorney is implying that Ayres lacks the basic ability to understand the charges and participate in his own defense.

The judge has to give the defendant the ability to take this angle because of "due process" according to Wikipedia: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_competency[/ame]

But the defense must really believe Ayres will lose this time,so this is really just a delay tactic.

The question becomes has he been diagnosed with Parkinsons, Alzheimers or dementia recently? They might be able to make a case for incompetency based upon an organic process....otherwise, Ayres is going to have to fool two of his own by being nuttier than a....well you know all of the phrases.

Did the court appoint the evaluators or was Ayres attorney allowed to choose? I would think the state should make absolutely certain that the evaluators are not associated with Ayres either through his work done with inmates or (God forbid) having any similar beliefs regarding patient boundaries....

or trained at Judge Baker Guidance Center...no offense to the Guidance center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member