CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

No new news again today, though according to the Northshore S&R, the search was continuing as of July 3rd.

Really wish this case was being covered a bit more.

Still no news on Jodi. :( I wish we would hear some good news on this one, but I do not think that's going to happen, considering the circumstances.

It's been really quite in here, I was hoping to log on today and see some good news, I haven't had the chance to check it out in few days....(been reading here for quite a while now at WS)

It's been really quite in here, I was hoping to log on today and see some good news, I haven't had the chance to check it out in few days....(been reading here for quite a while now at WS)

That last article posted by Paintr is still the newest news. Why this story is not wider spread is beyond me.

I don't get it either, really its not as if we have a lot of missing children. Yes I admit that at her age there really is a off possibility that she ran away (not something I personally think), but come on she is only 17 and we don't many of these missing teens in Canada, runaways yes but not missing and she is definitely missing.

There isn't even anything from her family or friends regarding her in comment sections of the local papers or even interviews with them...WTH

I am disappointed.:banghead:

I keep asking my husband the same question.

What the heck is going on? Why isn't there more on her? We used to live in Victoria, BC and I used to read stories all the time about runaways, gang fights etc...so why isn't there more on her!?

Something says there is more to this than what we are reading...

Earlier I proposed the idea that perhaps she was pregnant and ran off...now I am thinking maybe she confronted her ex-boyfriend at the party and told him about the baby and maybe he and his buddies did something to her....:confused::banghead:

Just a theory typed with passion and questions.

Arrrrrrrgh!

Maz

I don't get it either, really its not as if we have a lot of missing children. Yes I admit that at her age there really is a off possibility that she ran away (not something I personally think), but come on she is only 17 and we don't many of these missing teens in Canada, runaways yes but not missing and she is definitely missing.

There isn't even anything from her family or friends regarding her in comment sections of the local papers or even interviews with them...WTH

I am disappointed.:banghead:

Anyone who had a restraining order against someone, as she did, should be given top priority when they go missing.

Some scenerios:

A) As Maz suggested, she got pregnant and ran away.
B) She ran away for some other reason.
(Both of these suggestions are possible, but I am not sure I buy them. I had a bank account at 17, did/does she? Has there been any activity on her funds/credit card/cell phone since she went missing? Did she make any large withdrawals before she went missing? Is there any evidence that she prepared, at all? These are things that journalists should be looking into for us. Grrr.)

C) She was abducted and murdered.
D) She was the victim of a hit and run, and possibly hidden.
E) She was abducted and is still alive.
(Strong possibilities, though LE say she has not left the island, so that rather narrows the hope she is still alive if she met with foul play. The remains would have to be carefully hidden if she has been killed.)

F) She met with an accidental/natural death.
(Very small island - chances are, she'd be found by now.)

Disappearing into thin air... So very strange. This case bothers me, a lot.

Anyone who had a restraining order against someone, as she did, should be given top priority when they go missing.

Unfortunately, we have seen too many times where a woman (in most cases) gets a RO against someone but then allows that person back into their life...they are so often broken.

I had a bank account at 17, did/does she? Has there been any activity on her funds/credit card/cell phone since she went missing? Did she make any large withdrawals before she went missing?

My account as a child was controlled by my parents...and depleted by my parents...*sigh* at least in this day and age I would hope that if she did have an account that LE has looked into it.

Disappearing into thin air... So very strange. This case bothers me, a lot.

Yes, there has to be more to it than this. She needs to be found...alive and well (my preference) but if not and worst case scenario, then at least she deserves to be found and put to rest.

My responses in red above.

Maz

The pregnancy theory kind of fits as to why she would be seeing someone she had a RO on, no time to check but does anyone know how long ago she took out the RO???

My responses in red above.

Maz

On FB, someone noted that she had run away before - I would like to know what she did to prepare for that event, and compare it to her behaviours now.

Also, it was noted on there that she has family in Calgary.

I assume things like bank accounts and family in Calgary, etc, have all been checked out, but I am frustrated that no one is printing anything. :banghead:

On FB, someone noted that she had run away before - I would like to know what she did to prepare for that event, and compare it to her behaviours now.

Also, it was noted on there that she has family in Calgary.

I assume things like bank accounts and family in Calgary, etc, have all been checked out, but I am frustrated that no one is printing anything. :banghead:

Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the boyfriends mom who made the comment about her running away once before? If that is true, I would have to take that information in but it's credibility would be lessened by the fact it came from said boyfriends mom. I\ll try to find who said that.

Maz

Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the boyfriends mom who made the comment about her running away once before? If that is true, I would have to take that information in but it's credibility would be lessened by the fact it came from said boyfriends mom. I\ll try to find who said that.

Maz

Yes, she seems to say that Jodi had run away to live with Gavin at some point before. I find her certainty about Jodi's "character" suspicious, but just because it came from her doesn't necessarily mean it is false. And. certainly, if she did run away before, that does not mean that she has this time.

For me, I believe she would have given some word if she has run away. I can't help but fear the worst for this girl.

Yes, she seems to say that Jodi had run away to live with Gavin at some point before. I find her certainty about Jodi's "character" suspicious, but just because it came from her doesn't necessarily mean it is false. And. certainly, if she did run away before, that does not mean that she has this time.

For me, I believe she would have given some word if she has run away. I can't help but fear the worst for this girl.

I think what stood out to me was:
“That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

It strikes me as odd to say something like that (unless you wanted the attention focused on her and not your son.)
Has anyone from her family also stated that she has run away before?

ETA: Do we know if her bank accounts have had any activity? I seem to recall there was none.
Maz

I think what stood out to me was:
“That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

It strikes me as odd to say something like that (unless you wanted the attention focused on her and not your son.)
Has anyone from her family also stated that she has run away before?

ETA: Do we know if her bank accounts have had any activity? I seem to recall there was none.
Maz

The family, it seems, refuses to comment on anything Gavin or his family say, as they say (on FB) that doing so only brings the case down to negativity. So it's hard to say what they think on this. However, the FB page does allow for the possibility that Jodi left under her own power, but that isn't the overwhelming assumption.

I respect their position and their desire for privacy, but I do wish they would share more details to give us some hints. However, I am sure they have told everything to LE, so that will have to suffice.

The family, it seems, refuses to comment on anything Gavin or his family say, as they say (on FB) that doing so only brings the case down to negativity. So it's hard to say what they think on this. However, the FB page does allow for the possibility that Jodi left under her own power, but that isn't the overwhelming assumption.

I respect their position and their desire for privacy, but I do wish they would share more details to give us some hints. However, I am sure they have told everything to LE, so that will have to suffice.

So much that is not being said and so little being commented on...this is frustrating.

I need to think on this for a while...something isn't right here.

Maz

Still no news. Jodi couldn't just vanish. I really don't think she'd let her family worry all this time. It would take someone very cold hearted to do that.

I wish LE would release updates, even if it is just to say they are still searching.

There is just something about this case that makes me very uneasy. The ex boyfriend, the RO, the snarky comments, the silence from LE....hmmmmmm....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back