Multi-Jurisdictional Grand Jury in Bedford County, Virginia

Yet another arrest three people arrested today.

UPDATE: Another Welch family member has been arrested Friday in Bedford County.

Gladys Stangee is his sister.

----------

UPDATE: The Granddaughter of a person of interest in the Lyon Sisters case was arrested Friday afternoon in Bedford County.

Amy Welch is Richard "Dick" Welch's granddaughter.

--------

UPDATE: According to the Bedford County Sheriff's Office, the brother of Patricia Welch has now been arrested.

Leslie Engleking was charged with one count of perjury and has been released on $3,000 unsecured bond.

http://www.wset.com/story/29715814/update-two-arrested-friday-in-lyon-sisters-case

ABC13News ‏@ABC13News 6m6 minutes ago
UPDATE: Granddaughter of Person of Interest in Lyon Sisters Case Arrested

This arrest is also posted as an "UPDATE" to a slightly older story, but no more information is provided:

http://www.wset.com/story/29715814/...son-of-interest-in-lyon-sisters-case-arrested

In my opinion, she must have had NO legal advise to 1) hide her face when walking into grand jury and 2) to be arrested. Or she could be as bright as Lloyd.

In any case, since she was not alive in 1975, it does support my view that these arrests are reluctant witnesses and not the murderer.

Leslie Engleking was charged with one count of perjury and has been released on $3,000 unsecured bond.

If any of these people were involved in committing the actual murders, I don't think they would be released on small unsecured bonds - effectively on their own recognizance.

Since Lloyd is already in prision, not a single person has been taken off the street.

OK I admit I am a little confused...

Leslie Engleking was charged with perjury as was his sister Patricia J Welch on an earlier date.

RAW granddaughter Amy Ann Welch-John and RAW sister Gladys Stangee have been charged with obstruction of justice.

Perjury is a felony, obstruction a misdemeanor.

I had it explained to me years ago (and I may have forgotten) but I believe perjury is more serious form of obstruction that takes place in a court of law after swearing to tell the truth. I may be wrong but I think that "contempt of court" may be the lowest level of obstruction of justice.

Perjury can be as simple as lying about being sick to get out of a court date or as serious as a lie meant to stonewall an investigation.

My guess is that the crimes of Stangee and Welch-Johnson did not involve courtroom statements but actions in VA and/or MD. I believe lying to investigators in the field would qualify but help me if I am wrong.

There are dozens of possibilities and scenarios ranging from a psychotic family with many killers involved to a dejected black sheep (LLW JR) who wants to bring down relations out of spite.

I am leaning toward involvement of RAW, LLW and others. But I think another possible scenario is that Taylor Mountain relatives helped LLW JR dispose of bodies after the fact and were not given the full story.

I am beginning to think that Robert Allen Welch is a complete *advertiser censored* for putting his wife, granddaughter, sister and brother in law through this. His full cooperation with police could end the grand jury and the pressure being applied to family members.

If any of these people were involved in committing the actual murders, I don't think they would be released on small unsecured bonds - effectively on their own recognizance.

Since Lloyd is already in prision, not a single person has been taken off the street.

I don't think anyone is implying that we have a "coven of witches" on our hands or that the relatives indicted for process crimes killed those poor girls.

The charges are that these family members chose to either lie in court or stonewall the investigation for whatever reason.

Richard Allen Welch could sit down with investigators first thing Monday morning. I think they would be very willing to listen to what he has to say.

Wall of Shame

Randy Krantz said “Each of these witnesses made material false statements before the grand jury or obstructed the duties of the law enforcement officers by making false statements. . . . In this case, the grand jury is not going to tolerate people lying to them on issues that are material to these proceedings that prevent us from getting to the truth.”

they lied.jpg

OK I admit I am a little confused...

Leslie Engleking was charged with perjury as was his sister Patricia J Welch on an earlier date.

RAW granddaughter Amy Ann Welch-John and RAW sister Gladys Stangee have been charged with obstruction of justice.

Perjury is a felony, obstruction a misdemeanor.

I had it explained to me years ago (and I may have forgotten) but I believe perjury is more serious form of obstruction that takes place in a court of law after swearing to tell the truth. I may be wrong but I think that "contempt of court" may be the lowest level of obstruction of justice.

Perjury can be as simple as lying about being sick to get out of a court date or as serious as a lie meant to stonewall an investigation.

My guess is that the crimes of Stangee and Welch-Johnson did not involve courtroom statements but actions in VA and/or MD. I believe lying to investigators in the field would qualify but help me if I am wrong.

There are dozens of possibilities and scenarios ranging from a psychotic family with many killers involved to a dejected black sheep (LLW JR) who wants to bring down relations out of spite.

I am leaning toward involvement of RAW, LLW and others. But I think another possible scenario is that Taylor Mountain relatives helped LLW JR dispose of bodies after the fact and were not given the full story.

I am beginning to think that Robert Allen Welch is a complete *advertiser censored* for putting his wife, granddaughter, sister and brother in law through this. His full cooperation with police could end the grand jury and the pressure being applied to family members.

In the last paragraph I think you meant to say, Richard Allen Welch ("Dick" Welch), not Robert. And I agree with you! These people need to cooperate! LE is not playing around or backing off!

Wall of Shame

Randy Krantz said “Each of these witnesses made material false statements before the grand jury or obstructed the duties of the law enforcement officers by making false statements. . . . In this case, the grand jury is not going to tolerate people lying to them on issues that are material to these proceedings that prevent us from getting to the truth.”

View attachment 79636

I have no sympathy whatsoever for them. Why would you put your own neck on the line to protect family members allegedly involved in kidnapping and murder of two children? I love my family but if any of my relatives had done this crime I would tell the police everything I know and hope they are held accountable for their actions to the fullest extent of the law. I do not understand behaving like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back