Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I need to say this...

Regardless how or why Benjaman was found, there has to be a reason NO one is claiming to know him..... amnesia victim or not, someone has known him and talked to him at some point of his life. I am thinking BK is not from anywhere near there, and that is why no one seems to know him or recognise him. BK seems to be a very attractive, intelligent and sweet man. I am pretty sure he would be swatting the women off like flies :) I just can't understand this??? NO ONE??? No one ever seen him? No one is looking for him? No one EVER worked with him? The only reason I can think of is that we are looking in the wrong area. I know BK had memories of that area, but, the other guy proved some memories can be wrong. I am in Ontario Canada, I never heard of BK until now! I talk to many of my friends here, and they are STUNNED about the story. I know Dr. Phil put a show on, but, how many watched it? It was most likley broadcasted during the day when majority of our population is working. If it was ever on the news, I personally have never seen it.

My biggest question is not "WHO" is Benajaman Kyle, it is "WHY" is no one looking for him?

Agree..
I, along with someone else from another forum hear some NJ in his voice; but the linguist doesn't hear what we hear. That poster felt he spent time here; although he did not grow up here. He was here long enough to pick up things we say; how we say them.

We are looking for him, but I get everyone's point.

20/275 both eyes

What does it mean when someone has 20/20 vision?

~SNIP~
If you have 20/20 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what the "normal" human being can see.

If you have 20/40 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what a normal human can see when standing 40 feet from the chart. That is, if there is a normal person standing 40 feet away from the chart and you are standing only 20 feet away from it, you and the normal person can see the same detail.

20/100 means that when you stand 20 feet from the chart you can see what a normal person standing 100 feet away can see.

20/200 is the cutoff for legal blindness in the United States.

What does it mean when someone has 20/20 vision?

~SNIP~
If you have 20/20 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what the "normal" human being can see.

If you have 20/40 vision, it means that when you stand 20 feet away from the chart you can see what a normal human can see when standing 40 feet from the chart. That is, if there is a normal person standing 40 feet away from the chart and you are standing only 20 feet away from it, you and the normal person can see the same detail.

20/100 means that when you stand 20 feet from the chart you can see what a normal person standing 100 feet away can see.

20/200 is the cutoff for legal blindness in the United States.
==========================================

Oh, no.
Without my glasses, I am legally blind.
I don't have cataracts.

But, at 20/275 BK could see, but everything would be very blurry.
He could not have read a street sign.

I have to say that I have moved on past the why is no one looking for him?
But I have spent time pondering that questions and it has been
gone over by lots of posters. Lots of theories on these threads.

The reality is, no one is looking for him.
If someone did file a missing persons report, it was to a local police station and nothing much got done with it.

I feel like believe09 does. For me, I need to look at the things BK has said are his memories.
First, did he say that? Or was it a misquote and then picked up as the truth.
Second, if BK did say it, put it down as a memory, but it could be years old or
from 2003.

What rings true to me, and to a lot of others,
Colorado.
Indianapolis.
Restaurant supply and design knowledge.

I told believe what I'm about to tell the rest of you. My SO is from West Texas. His brother has a thick Texas accent. My SO has none, and yet they were both raised together. If you could listen to them speaking, you would have no idea they were related or even from the same location.

This is just to say that Ben may not carry the accent from where he's from. Instead what may be clues are expressions of speech, the vernacular speech from a particular location or family heritage.

I still say this, "why would anyone want to go into an area that a hurricane just came thru?", unless to work, volunteer, or get "someone" they know out because another one is coming...and the last one(hur. charley) was bad enough...or even just checking on an elderly at a nursing home..
I really don't think he is vacationing.
Theory: Self Employed...contractor...or tree cutter...or debris remover...or insurance claims adjuster...this is what I think of with hurricanes.
Theory: Employed...lineman(works for electrical company, these come from all over the country, and usually the local electrical companies will have a list of which electrical companies helped them during the time)...or insurance agent(you can find the insurance companies that have license to do business with the state, and contact them)

If he was going in to help, I believe he was self employed.

I was thinking along the same lines. With a knowledge of electrical codes its possible he was in the area to help with hurricane relief. I dont know to many people who study electrical building codes unless it is work related.

I have seen the suggestions about resturaunt design and think that is a strong possibility. I have some experience in that industry. Alot of larger chain restaraunts and hotels will have an engineer on staff that will manage coordinating a build or renovation with the architects and see the construction through and make sure the equipement is tested and ready. There are lots of hotels and restaraunts all along i95 so someone in that industry would likely be in that area alot. Its also possible he was there to oversee repairs to hurricane damage to a business. If he had that kind of job he would be working with so many different people its hard to beleive somebody hasnt noticed him.

It seems the easiest for me to imagine that he was an electrical contractor and that maybe he would relocate to areas where there was alot of contruction. A rolling stone gathering no moss. That certainly wouldnt prelclude his knowledge of restaraunt equipment. Perhaps he had relocated from Colorado to the southeastern US and hopped in his pick up truck and drove to help out with hurricane repairs. Maybe he got in the way of some shady electrical contractors and they knocked him out and threw him in the back of a truck and dumped his body at bk on their way home.

I hope the upcoming documentary leads to the case being resolved. :twocents:

If there is a psychiatrist/psycologist that reads this I wonder if they could weigh in on "retrograde amnesia" and how the ego, superego and id function with this condition. There probably hasnt been enough cases to study it. It might help with questions of sexuality.

If there is a psychiatrist/psycologist that reads this I wonder if they could weigh in on "retrograde amnesia" and how the ego, superego and id function with this condition. There probably hasnt been enough cases to study it. It might help with questions of sexuality.

Welcome! Do you have any knowledge in the field of "retrograde amnesia"? Please feel free to chime in with any information you may feel is revelant or if you have any theories that you feel are relevant, that could work too.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Carsey[/ame]
Jay Carsey died in 2000, in Jacksonville, FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth