Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want her to tell the truth..I wonder, if the jury comes back with the DP vote, if she will blurt out the truth? One can only hope...

But even if she did who would know if it is the real truth or just another made up story to make herself look like less of a bad person. I don't think we'll ever know the truth. The truth was buried with Caylee and hopefully will be buried with ICA one day.

I just never have bought the Chloroform and duct tape theory of how Caylee died. For one thing, Chloroform is not a very accessible chemical and is not easily and quickly made. There are a lot more accessible drugs to put a child to sleep with than using Chloroform. I don't see Casey going to all that trouble to make her own Chloroform when something else would have been easier and quicker to obtain and would have kept Caylee asleep just as long if she was using the trunk of her car as a babysitter. I read that Chloroform can be used for dry cleaning to remove stains. I believe those high levels of Chloroform were in the trunk because of someone trying to clean the decomposition stains, not for putting Caylee to sleep if, in fact, they were as high as the state claims. Chloroform dissipates rapidly, and if Casey used it to put Caylee to sleep, and she died from it on June 16th, would the levels of Chloroform still be that high after a month of dissipation? Someone cleaned that stain with Chloroform to the point that it became "a unidentifiable stain" instead of a stain identifiable as decomposition. It didn't take the smell of decomposition out, but it took out enough of the stain to make it unidentifiable and left a strong level of Chloroform. Too strong to have been in that trunk a month. :twocents:

I really have doubts about the chloroform too. I'm pretty good with chemistry, but I'm really having trouble understanding a lot of this testimony. So far I think I've learned that chloroform likes to be a gas, so it evaporates very quickly into the air, but once in the air, breaks down slowly. They're frustrating me with nonspecific phrases like "large amounts". What's a large amount? 10 ml, 1L? That makes a huge difference to me...

You may very well be right. And I'd probably agree 100% except that chloroform and duct tape are both associated with movie/TV kidnappings.

I know people say KC isn't a planner, but it's quite a coincidence that both chloroform and duct tape should be found in a case along with a fictitious kidnapping story.

I struggle with that too, but sometimes a coincidence is just that. I honestly don't know. If they had something, anything really, other than 3 month old internet searches that tied her to it, like purchasing the chemicals, or some other direct link, I couldn't discount it... But... *sigh*

I would have told the truth...

However, I have an entire alternate opening statement. :great:

I will be back later and will post it the way Jose should have delivered it.

I am taking the kids swimming now. :seeya:

If I had been ICA - I would have left the state - never to be heard from again. However if I had done what she did, I would have come forward long before 31 days and told what actually happened, be it an accident or something else, I would have tried to get a plea deal, serve my time and be done with it.

Of course I never would have done what she has done and then have the nerve to lie and cost taxpayers thousands of dollars.

You know, and someone has probably said this, but I can believe that the duct tape was used to just keep Caylee quiet(put over her mouth) if she woke up before Casey was ready for her too, and not used intentionally as a murder weapon. Despicable either way.

The problem here is that her lawyer talked her into a Menendez defense 3 years later and there is not one iota of proof that she was ever abused.

Here's a better scenario for her; one that does have proof and would have taken all the circumstancial evidence off the table.

She could have said the Casey died in the pool on 6/16 after GA went to work. She got very, very afraid - because she was afraid of CA - and put the body in her trunk and later hid the body. She didn't tell anyone because her mother would find out.

Instead of wasting money on defense witnesses that have obviously bought testimony to dispute forensics (which nobody buys) she could have spent that money on psychiatric evaluations of her relationship with her mother. And, bring in witnesses to the strange family dynamics. What a can of worms that would bring out.

Then, it's ---

Yes - I waited 31 days.
Yes - I had a smell in my car.
Yes - I got rid of the body.
Yes - I told a lot of stupid lies, because I didn't think anything through, I was just too scared.

But, it was an accident - her word against the prosecution; there's no cause of death. No prior history of abuse.

The only issue is the partying, but there is a psychiatric condition called "escape to extroversion" that explains this behavior as a reaction to trauma.

She still liable for illegal disposing a body; but, I can't imagine that's is even comparable to where she is in now.

Oh ... and I never would have talked to the police without a lawyer present.

Don't forget......."The truth and Miss Anthony are strangers" Judge Strickland stated.

no one will EVER know the truth.

Quoting myself which is bad form, but I thought this might be relevant in light of Linda's comments in court today re 16 June and a timeline they will be presenting to the jury in their rebuttal case. Woohoo! :) Of course we were all hoping they would do this as it can be clearly shown that there is no way Caylee drowned in the swimming pool in the "early morning hours" as the defense stated.

My timeline did not concentrate on the early morning - so I will be updating this later with more information.

Finally, I am absolutely STUNNED!! that Baez did not break down the activity on the computer on this day to see that his clients "story" was bogus and could not possibly be true.

I really wish the State would have laid out Casey's action's on June 16th like that. The really need the timeline of what she was doing during that time.

You know, and someone has probably said this, but I can believe that the duct tape was used to just keep Caylee quiet(put over her mouth) if she woke up before Casey was ready for her too, and not used intentionally as a murder weapon. Despicable either way.

Entirely possible. What astounds me though is that young children are so prone to colds, flus, allergies, etc. Leaving a child alone with duct tape over her mouth is really asking for her to suffocate when her nose clogs up.

And maybe KC just didn't think or just didn't care. But if *I* put duct tape over a 2-year-old's mouth, it would have to be because I planned for her to suffocate. Frankly, if I put duct tape over ANYone's mouth at any age, I'd know I was risking that outcome.

Eek! What a horrible thought :( We had a case where they duct taped a guy to his rack in the barracks... They had to bring him in, bed and all and it took forever to get it off his skin. He was a bloody, friction burned mess when we were done.

Eek! What a horrible thought :( We had a case where they duct taped a guy to his rack in the barracks... They had to bring him in, bed and all and it took forever to get it off his skin. He was a bloody, friction burned mess when we were done.

As far as I know, there are no reports of abraded skin around Caylee's mouth, which suggests the duct tape was not a regular substitute for a babysitter.

SO. If we've disposed of chloroform and duct tape as likely "child behavioral aids," what are we left with?

First degree murder?

(Maybe not, but I can see a jury going through the same logical steps and reaching this conclusion.)

The problem here is that her lawyer talked her into a Menendez defense 3 years later and there is not one iota of proof that she was ever abused.

Here's a better scenario for her; one that does have proof and would have taken all the circumstancial evidence off the table.

She could have said the Casey died in the pool on 6/16 after GA went to work. She got very, very afraid - because she was afraid of CA - and put the body in her trunk and later hid the body. She didn't tell anyone because her mother would find out.

Instead of wasting money on defense witnesses that have obviously bought testimony to dispute forensics (which nobody buys) she could have spent that money on psychiatric evaluations of her relationship with her mother. And, bring in witnesses to the strange family dynamics. What a can of worms that would bring out.

Then, it's ---

Yes - I waited 31 days.
Yes - I had a smell in my car.
Yes - I got rid of the body.
Yes - I told a lot of stupid lies, because I didn't think anything through, I was just too scared.

But, it was an accident - her word against the prosecution; there's no cause of death. No prior history of abuse.

The only issue is the partying, but there is a psychiatric condition called "escape to extroversion" that explains this behavior as a reaction to trauma.

She still liable for illegal disposing a body; but, I can't imagine that's is even comparable to where she is in now.

Oh ... and I never would have talked to the police without a lawyer present.

Awesome post! Thank you!

As far as I know, there are no reports of abraded skin around Caylee's mouth, which suggests the duct tape was not a regular substitute for a babysitter.

SO. If we've disposed of chloroform and duct tape as likely "child behavioral aids," what are we left with?

First degree murder?

(Maybe not, but I can see a jury going through the same logical steps and reaching this conclusion.)

I can too...

First degree murder?

I have been thinking about this also. Duct tape is some nasty stuff - I would think someone would have noticed if it had been put on and taken off of sweet baby Caylee's face prior to the 16th. It surely would have left a rash at the very least - sad to even think about.

I say Caylee got up when GA and Casey were asleep and CA was gone to work, and went swimming as she so loved to do... a fatal mistake made by hundreds of toddlers every year. GA got up first and looked and and saw her missing. He then found her on the bottom of the pool... she may have been there all night. That sure won't look good for the Anthony's if you called 911 and said we found her in the pool, and we're not sure when she got in there, and she's obviously dead. That is when Casey finds out. Lee and George orchestrated the cover-up and tell Casey to just disappear from the family and 'we'll deal with mom when we have to, just don't say anything!!'

Casey's car got towed on the 30th of June, the Anthony's should have received the first notice by the 7th or so of July... but it went 'missing' too. All the same, George doesn't pick up the car until the 15th?? So they haven't seen their daughter or granddaughter since the 16th of June, but what the heck... we'll wait another week to get the car (which I don't know what that cost, so if you do please tell me). First thing GA does when he goes to pick up the car, aside from buying gas in advance, he tells the tow guy "My granddaughter has been missing a month!" Wow... first time tahat was pubklicly announced! and then says something about how he hopes that smell from the car isn't them, and asked the tow guy to open the trunk?? Really?? Why??

What's his next step?? Drives the "reeking" car home, and goes to work! You can't ignore these things in my opinion. They tell me that Casey is guilty of many crimes... and so are several others that all deserve their punishment too!! Actual Justice For Caylee!!! Not Vengeance... that is reserved for a much higher power.

I say Caylee got up when GA and Casey were asleep and CA was gone to work, and went swimming as she so loved to do... a fatal mistake made by hundreds of toddlers every year. GA got up first and looked and and saw her missing. He then found her on the bottom of the pool... she may have been there all night. That sure won't look good for the Anthony's if you called 911 and said we found her in the pool, and we're not sure when she got in there, and she's obviously dead. That is when Casey finds out. Lee and George orchestrated the cover-up and tell Casey to just disappear from the family and 'we'll deal with mom when we have to, just don't say anything!!'

Respectfully shortened.

Doesn't work with the timeline for the 16th because ICA's phone activity indicates she was up all night long the evening of the 15th/16th and likely had a cat nap in the morning after GA and CA were already awake. there was not any time between the 15th and 16th one of the three adults in the home would not have been awake when Caylee was awake.

I have been thinking about this also. Duct tape is some nasty stuff - I would think someone would have noticed if it had been put on and taken off of sweet baby Caylee's face prior to the 16th. It surely would have left a rash at the very least - sad to even think about.

And the adhesive side would have been covered with Caylees DNA. The DNA witness today got positive "Touch DNA" in a case with a conviction, in which the "Touch DNA" was 20 years old, But no DNA on the adhesive side of the "murder weapon??" I was born at night, but not last night.

Try an experiment if you're masochistic (actually don't, this is a demonstrative hypothetical) and firmly apply a place of quality duct tape on your inner thigh tight enough that if it were on your face it would suffocate you, and if you dare, wait a day and pull it off!! Along with your flesh of course. The point is, that duct tape wasn't tested for being a murder weapon, before it was thrust into that role, and it certainly wasn't tested so it could be verified as the murder weapon either.

The State is leaving so many doors of reasonable doubt cracked, one of them is bound to blow open, and when that happens, Justice for Caylee will shamefully not be served. JMOO

Respectfully shortened.

Doesn't work with the timeline for the 16th because ICA's phone activity indicates she was up all night long the evening of the 15th/16th and likely had a cat nap in the morning after GA and CA were already awake. there was not any time between the 15th and 16th one of the three adults in the home would not have been awake when Caylee was awake.

According to whose testimony??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member