LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
No updates on the official facebook page for 20 hours, compared to the 10 or 11 updates yesterday. :waitasec:

Charlie's fb has been updated within the last few hours, saying volunteers are welcome back at 8 am tomorrow.

Wait . wait! Now I just read something about 'tire tracks they found'?

We need a link for that please. Does anybody else recall hearing anything about tire tracks being found?

Slow this train down, it's becoming a mess - :moo:

Does LA require a front license plate?
Just wondering. I don't see one in the Z71 pic, but I could be wrong.

So the truck that was pictured going the other way on that same street (without a timestamp) is a separate truck from the one pictured above - is that correct? How are you sure?

So there were three separate trucks in question all along?
Woe, check out the press releases from LPD: http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

Read May 25th first then May 26th.

(I'm still not convinced that the one on University is the same one that was taking a left from St. Landry onto University because of the gas cap. But this is not my expertise by any stretch.)

Does anyone have good photoshopping/editing programs? My computer's abilities are limited to cropping and rotating an image...the back window looks strange to me when I look at it--like it's not an extended cab truck or like there's a toolbox. Are we looking for a standard cab or an extended?

Hate for my first post to be so pedestrian and boring (been following along dutifully for the last several days, since my house is roughly 6 blocks or so from where this incident seems to have occurred). But I've seen a few posters on here today mentioning news of tire tracks found at Whiskey Bay. Is this correct? If so, can someone tell me what the source is for this news? I hadn't heard that at all until seeing it in this thread.

Just a thought, but on the off-chance the owner of that truck is an oilfield worker it may be sitting at one one of the many docks while he went back offshore. (Abbeville, New Iberia, Fourchon, Intracoastal City, etc.)

Charlie's fb has been updated within the last few hours, saying volunteers are welcome back at 8 am tomorrow.

Good to know, hopefully it won't be long till they update the page about the truck. People seem very confused about it. Especially on the news page, people still insisting the same truck followed her then turned around.

Hate for my first post to be so pedestrian and boring (been following along dutifully for the last several days, since my house is roughly 6 blocks or so from where this incident seems to have occurred). But I've seen a few posters on here today mentioning news of tire tracks found at Whiskey Bay. Is this correct? If so, can someone tell me what the source is for this news? I hadn't heard that at all until seeing it in this thread.

I don't have the answer, but :welcome:

:wagon:

Can any Chevy buff list all of the models that can have the Z71 package added? Out of my depth on this, but I bet some locals aren't.

Does anyone have good photoshopping/editing programs? My computer's abilities are limited to cropping and rotating an image...the back window looks strange to me when I look at it--like it's not an extended cab truck or like there's a toolbox. Are we looking for a standard cab or an extended?

Right, I don't think it is a black window. My guess so far is it is a black storage box that goes in the bed of the truck. If it is a box, it can be positioned directly behind the driver area.

I am concerned the Patterson truck which was said to have this sort of black box in the bed could be this same truck too.

I'm sorry if this has already been cleared up, but that black area behind the driver + passenger area sure looks to me like it could be a black colored tool box storage that fits in the bed of a truck or something like that.

The reason I am wondering if it is some black box in the bed area is because that does seem to match the truck described in the "patterson" incident.

Anyway, just wondering what that black thing is behind the driver + passenger compartment and if we tell if it is some kind of box in the bed area (or not).

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Hi, I agree. It looks like a rack. I mentioned it yesterday but these threads are flying - I'd have to quit my job to keep up with them. But although the trucks at Circle K look very very similar, it's clear on the 'eliminated' truck, the one facing 'left' does not have the rack. The truck we're still looking for has one.

There were only two different trucks. The ONLY truck in question now is the one pictured (Chevy). The other two pictures of white trucks are the SAME truck, but NOT the Chevy Z71. if that makes sense...I feel like this needs to be reiterated.
This is regarded as a fact by the LE.

So the truck that was facing the other way from the one pictured above on St John was the same truck that was pictured driving down Universal or University (sorry street names escapes me) toward I-10?

No updates on the official facebook page for 20 hours, compared to the 10 or 11 updates yesterday. :waitasec:

Very silent on the volunteer search front. I wish it meant something good. If this whole thing could just end and life go back to normal....

I just woke up and the posts and thereads here are flying in so fast. I don't know if this was mentioned here or not but there will be a live chat about the case as seen at this link "LIVE AT 2: Live chat about the search for Mickey Shunick"

Here is the link to see the details about where it will be.
"http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120530/NEWS01/120530011"

This will be in about 20 minutes as we are in Central time.

This video posted earlier says that tire marks WERE found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998