PA/MA/NC - Adam Leroy Lane - Long Haul Trucker

I thank you for sending the info forward to CT. We may find that he is responsible for many people we have learned about that are missing.

I am going to do more research over the weekend when I have more time. I spoke to a MA reporter for a bit and we briefly discussed Maura Murray.

Like the body plus three other sets of remains that have been found recently in the woods behind a CT strip mall! A strip mall with extremely close proximity to interstate 84 and route 9.

They may be able to clear a lot of cold cases. I hope they have their man for these cases as well.

Does anyone remember in i think it was the cold case forum; Dalles Mckinsey had written a book, Childhood Lost which chronicled his family's life with his serial killer stepfather (who was also a trucker) yet was never caught..
They were out west though, Cali, Oregon area; yet there was lost contact with the step father, Dolph.

Does anyone remember in i think it was the cold case forum; Dalles Mckinsey had written a book, Childhood Lost which chronicled his family's life with his serial killer stepfather (who was also a trucker) yet was never caught..
They were out west though, Cali, Oregon area; yet there was lost contact with the step father, Dolph.

Just thought I would post a reply in case anyone was wondering. The link is:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33687&highlight=dalles+mckinsey

Dalles, thank you for posting the link; whenever i hear mentioned about a trucker murdering people, i can't help but think about what you have told us about your stepfather..

I know, me too. When I see the news online about a trucker or hear something on TV I instantly look to see if they finally got him.

Being from NC, I'm ashamed to know this man represents my state in some way.

For some reason this makes me think of the GRK. I wouldn't be surprised if his motive was just to kill for the thrill of it. His attempt to rape a 15yo might have been him trying to cross a different line, from murder to sexual assault/murder. Maybe he just didn't get the same thrill out of murder as he did before.

If proven guilty, I think the DP is in order.

There was another trucker drive that was killing people back in July his name was Bruce Mendenhall.

Wasn't there a couple of young women missing from North Carolina, some of who worked at restaurants/food places; i think one worked at a Denny's. These could be frequented by truckers.

If someone could get a list of his routes that he took when trucking, we could see if the times he was in certain areas match up with disappearances or murders in that area.

The link to the article at the top of this thread isn't working for me.
Can someone post another link please?
I am very interested in this case because I live in the region in PA where the lady was stabbed on her deck late at night...and actually there were two cases of women being stabbed when they were outside at night on their own property in PA and only a week or so apart if I remember correctly. At first they thought a family member was involved but after the second one they never solved the cases to my knowledge.I was wondering if he might be involved in both of those.

I was looking for an update on the murder of Darlene Ewalt, near Harrisburg, and discovered that they think she might have been a victim of a long-haul trucker who was recently caught in Massachusetts and has also confessed to a murder in NJ.

Wonder how many more there were?

http://wfmz.com/view/?id=142906

http://skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=2361

Didn't we have a thread about a body found in Connecticut and speculation that it was a long-haul trucker who did it?

PA charged Lane with the murder of Darlene Ewalt.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na..._to_trucker_Adam_Leroy_Lane_s_alleged_crimes/

This guy is creepy frightening. Thank goodness that young girl's father caught this guy. May the victims families find some peace.

Another article about Lane and how he hated women. Another trucker at one point who rode with him refused to get back in his truck. This same man told a waitress "He's that hateful of a bas*ard". Ex-wife speaks as well.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/topstories/index.ssf/2008/08/trucker_charged_in_hunterdon_k.html

Jun 28, 5:22 PM EDT

Trucker gets life term for attacks on 2 Pa. women

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) -- A former trucker already facing decades in prison for random knife attacks on women in New Jersey and Massachusetts was sentenced Monday to spend the rest of his life behind bars for a pair of similar attacks in Pennsylvania.

Under a deal that spared him from Pennsylvania's death penalty, Adam Leroy Lane pleaded guilty to murder and other charges for the July 13, 2007, stabbing murder of Darlene Ewalt outside her Harrisburg-area home and attempted murder for the slashing of another women while she slept in her home north of York.

Dauphin County Judge Todd Hoover sentenced Lane, 45, to life imprisonment for Ewalt's death and a consecutive term of 10 to 20 years for the other case.

Hoover told Lane he "will be fed, clothed and housed by the Department of Corrections" for the rest of his life.

The Pennsylvania attacks were the first of four that Lane committed during a 17-day period in July 2007.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUCKER_UNSOLVED_CRIMES?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I just purchase the book "Caught in the Act" by Jeannie McDonough and Paul Lonardo.

So far so good.

Oh that should make for some light beach reading, T.;):eek:

:eek: is right !

Note: first couple chapters should not be read at night, alone and make sure all doors are lock. I scare the crap out of my self last night. :eek:

The scary thing is Adam Lane is worst kind serial killer and stalker. He come out nowhere and than disappear. He don't take his victim off the street, it not somone that local. He travel and stalk at night finding homes off the interstate.

I found the ad for this booK on Topix reading up on Holly Bobo case. I had to order it off Amazon because I couldn't find it in any local book store.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back