AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish reporters would ask more about the video. Something seems very wrong to me. They strolled casually a half a block away from the Celis home Sunday morning?

After listening to this presser I think that this is just a bad police spokesman. IMO they should have someone who is involved deeply with the investigation. He hadn't even met the family until yesterday. I think this is where some conflicting feelings are coming from. If he had said yesterday that the family wanted to meet with the media, like he did today, than all of this speculation wouldn't have happened. I think if we could hear from someone at the front of the investigation, maybe we could detect more confidence :/

Why were these people allowed to walk so close to Celis home? Was not the area taped off on Saturday night? I would think we would have seen police and tape and media in that shot if it was early Sunday morning JMO
I agree!! Not only that, but there were helicopters flying over the area continuously all evening Saturday.:maddening: Something's just not right.

I get a strong feeling based on what Pacheco said in the press briefing, that the family has an attorney with them when they communicate with LE.

The family has had the list of news agengies (2 pages worth) since at least yesterday. They are considering. WTH??? Tick tock. I'm finding this infuriating. The child is missing!!!!!!!!!!!Time is of the essence!!!!! WTH is it that they DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT?

Lets not be too discouraged by them getting the wrong video. Now they can get the right video and it may really reveal something.

After listening to this presser I think that this is just a bad police spokesman. IMO they should have someone who is involved deeply with the investigation. He hadn't even met the family until yesterday. I think this is where some conflicting feelings are coming from. If he had said yesterday that the family wanted to meet with the media, like he did today, than all of this speculation wouldn't have happened. I think if we could hear from someone at the front of the investigation, maybe we could detect more confidence :/

I heard him say he had met with the family yesterday...but not that it was for the first time?
Anyway the spokesperson is not often an actual detective in these cases...

Wrong video, and we're just hearing about this now? :eek: I feel a nightmare coming on...

They don't have Friday nights video yet?? How long could that possibly take? You go ask for Fridays video instead and start watching it immediately...they should be able to watch 11pm to 8am tonight and hopefully have the answers they need before the morning. Smdh

Why were these people allowed to walk so close to Celis home? Was not the area taped off on Saturday night? I would think we would have seen police and tape and media in that shot if it was early Sunday morning JMO

I was just thinking the same. And who was the 6th man? A police officer?

If it wasn't, it was pretty amazing that such suspicious behaviour could go on with I assume a big police presence?

I generally like Lt. Pacheco. However, some of his word choices make it seem like the Celis' are: answering only SOME of the TPD's questions, they show "a level" of concern (as if they just show a bit of concern) and are ignoring the TPD's suggestion that they speak with the press. THEN he said they expressed interest!

Well, on the plus side, there's always a chance that the actual video from that night shows something.

Though honestly my first thought was that they're lying, to take the heat off person #6. Probably doesn't make a lot of sense, it's just what came to mind first.

I am sort of shocked right now. Were none of these reporters on the scene in the first couple days?

Video was from wrong day...it is Sat/Sun they were seeing...wrong date...trying to get correct one...

Not much else...he is talking about how Le is wanting family to speak out to media, will help them, etc....passed along all requests...it is up to family

Well, this doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence. It took them until now to figure this out?

I am so discouraged...this poor child...

You guys said it. I am rapidly losing faith but I don't want to. Just, various things coming out of their mouths are not making me feel confident. Like agreeing the case could go cold only 7 days after she went missing. Or stating that they are watching the emotions of the family. Why would they want to tip them off to that?

I agree. And, he's the chief? Wow.

Today's Press Conference(4/30) with local LE, Tuscon
Re: Isabel Celis disappearance daily scheduled update:
(**note this is not a verbatim transcript but rather my notes taken as the live presser was streamed online(kvoa.com). I will get as much detail as I possibly can in keeping up as the presser goes along**)

2:04pm cameras on LE waiting on someone? Mics are falling off podium..why would cameramen zoom in on close up of poor tech taping mic back to podium..poor dude didn't ask to be in national tv..

-Day 10 limited info updates

-Friday video- wanted talk to 5 people from video.. Id 3 of 5.. Video captured a completely different day?!?!!!!! Wtf?? Actually was Saturday/Sunday.. The company Passed along incorrect information.. Cleared it up and getting correct video now..

-Verifying statements other than that we'll continue our briefings at 2pm daily..

-Video actually shot early morning hours of Sunday April 22.. 24 hours later than they thought it to be..

-It's somewhere they have to find it and we have to review it(video)..

-(wrong video) I dont consider it a waste of time..

-What is the Frequency and dialogue with the parents daily?
Speak with fam on daily basis .. Meet with them routinely.. He met with them yesterday 3pm.. He spoke to them about speaking to the media.. We are waiting to hear back from them.. They continue to cooperate and we are in constant communication with them..

-We believe that it is important for the family to speak to the media.. We have made that known.. Whether they choose to or not is up to them..

-They expressed interest in providing more media interviews.. They were going to decide which ones they wanted to do a one on one with and now we're just waiting..nothing else I can do

-Emotional state.. Family are concerned and I can't speculate to what theyre thinking.. Theyre Working with us and answering some of our questions(stood out to me.. WHY SOME?)
Overwhelmed by everything going on..
Hoping they will speak to you so u can judge for yourself.. I can tell you they show a level of concern..

-Meet with both parents at the briefings.. Other individuals.. We will not comment on any others that are present at meetings..

-Our agency and US Marshalls are who decided to involve Mexico that document with photo of Isa was dated as sent on 4/23..

-TPD always told the parents to speak to media.. And it is absolutely inaccurate that we ever told them NOT TO SPEAK WITH MEDIA..

-Public? Keep info flow of tips coming to us.. Important to continue volunteers fliers help.

-Is case related to 3 girls assaulted overnight.. Our LE are working with he PCSD.. Understand that is a different agency.

-Another reason we need the parents to speak with you.. A lot of questions can be cleared up and answered by the parents

-Are tips slowing down? no.. Saturday 8-10tips coming in per hour(88 crime)

-No specific searches planned like were done in earlier part of investigation.

-we will brief you again tomorrow at 2pm (unless there is breaking news before then)

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Wait a minute....didn't LE set up a command post right where the video was.....so the mystery person in the video could be LE ???

I heard him say he had met with the family yesterday...but not that it was for the first time?
Anyway the spokesperson is not often an actual detective in these cases...

I heard him say that yesterday was the first time he met them, so he couldn't speculate about their demeanor.

I was just thinking the same. And who was the 6th man? A police officer?

If it wasn't, it was pretty amazing that such suspicious behaviour could go on with I assume a big police presence?

Yeah, that really bothers me. Some guy is lurking around yards from their house, and a whole group is just casually strolling by. No LE presence? What the heck?

Yes, they set up a command center. I mapped it yesterday in a discussion. It is right where the mysterious figure was, and a local here just saw remnants of the yellow tape on the tree where the figure stood.

That's why as soon as he stated they had the video from Saturday night, I typed to myself "he's wrong!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member