George Makes Debut As Kidfinder's Spokesman

i think ga just wanted to help .. i dont think he went to cause trouble he probably doesnt want to see that family make the mistakes he did .. and probably to get away from ca for awhile .. to feel like he has a purpose .. to find a reason to live .

Yes, I agree. And while it is folly on his part to start offering advice, I hope they were nice about asking him to leave. I think he really was trying to do something for someone else, which is more than his daughter ever did in her whole sorry *advertiser censored**ed life.

Thanks for typing this up...reading it as opposed to listening / watching, brought about a lot of clarity for me. Specifically, the "WE" in Kidfinders Network is here to support them. We have a billboard, we have a website that's is up and running right now.

Most definately, he should be beyond reproach and suspicion. He hasn't even coped with his own tragedy!

I think you are right about being a pawn for KFN.

<snip from video transcription> :
"I've also mentioned to them, we've got to get some donations coming in for this family. We've got to do stuff to support them".

I think KFN is using George's ability to get media attention to obtain donations. I think it is Cindy pushing George to begin his new job as spokesman for KFN, so the Anthony's will benefit from donations.

He obviously is not helping anyone by telling them to be anything but honest, open and grateful to LE.
George is obviously a victim of dozens of unscrupulous persons and entities clamoring to make a dollar from his family's tragedy. No need to name them here, as we all know most of them. I would think that George, more than anyone in this world, would know the horrors of others making monetary gains from his grandaughter's name. It seems to me that knowing the pain, he would never in a thousand years do the same to another grandparent. But reading the above two posts, I have to pause and ask, would he? :confused:

I think GA really feels that helping missing children is his calling. It's his way of bringing something good out of losing the love of his life. There's nothing wrong with that. GA, speaking at Caylee's memorial, says:

"I&#8217;ve talked a lot about Caylee to many, many of you at our command center that we had, I miss that command center. But you know something, the command center needed to close at one time, and that was hard for me and it still is hard for me to drive by different places where we had our tent, our gray building where we held t shirts buttons wristbands and banners of not only of Caylee, but of other missing children. There are people here today that are family united and what that family united are: they&#8217;re missing their children right now and if there&#8217;s anything at all that any of us can ever do is to look for these children! There&#8217;s children out there that are missing, that need to be brought home, no matter what, no matter what."

His good intentions are being taken advantage of by KFN. The news of little Haleigh came out on the day of Caylee's memorial. KFN and, in particular, DM pounced on the opportunity to arrive on the scene and solicit donations. They knew GA would bring media attention and, hopefully, a lot of money. GA needs to step back and disassociate himself with this "network". That's the only way he'll be able to give of himself and help missing children in a truly honorable way. If he doesn't, he's setting himself up for heartbreak.

I just can't shake the poor taste in judgment here. The Anthony's are not experts on child abduction cases. They wouldn't know a child abductor if they had their hands around their necks choking them.

GA needs to heal (as well as the rest of that family). But there are no similarities in these cases except the eerily similarity in the child's name. I just sit here and shake my head that just this week they are claiming the innocence of their daughter in the death of their granddaughter, yet they hop in a car and head up to inject themselves into this case (donation jar in hand). Caylee's case was never treated as an abduction because LE knew it wasn't. I'm still just at a loss here.....

I try to feel sorry for George. Lets see what he says on the stand under oath.
Until then, he supposedly just tried to commit suicide for petes sake. What is he doing? Why put himself in this position to have to deal with more missing little kids? I hate to say this but I just hope there isnt a copy cat killer looking for his 5 minutes of whatever. He lied on Larry King about the smell in the car. Go home George, lay low. Remember Brenda Van Dam..Here in San Diego, she was considered very irritating and annoying after Danielle was murdered.

My advice to George would be to go get a part time job while he continues daily counseling--or at least 2-3 times weekly.
I can accept the Anthony's do not need to work now, but Geo needs to be away from that house and Cindy. I don't think Cindy wants him there anyway.
Geo needs to find something to stay busy with, but KFN is NOT it!

It is going to be interesting in the upcomming months to observe how both CA & GA use their, "Free Will" :crosseyed:

Does anyone know if the girlfriend of LA is associated with KFN? There is a Malori Milstead (don't know the last name of girlfriend) listed on Dennis Milstead's now defunct corporation "Gotcha Billboards Inc".

http://www.sunbiz.org/corinam.html
(Just type in Gotcha Billboards)

NOT saying this IS the girlfriend...just wondering!

I'm pretty sure Malori is Milstead's daughter. (another angry Milstead)
There is a video of her here from a Palm Beach tv station.
http://www.wpbf.com/news/18019447/detail.html
Lee's Mallory is spelled differently.

George is not ready to help anyone... He needs to heal himself first. IMO

He needs a good year or more and he needs counseling. He is still not able to objectively help another person no matter how good his intentions may be.

Yep. "Physician, heal thyself." George seems like a good guy deep down, a little easily led perhaps, but decent and caring at the root of him. He could eventually be a good advocate for missing and murdered children and their families, but he needs to deal with his own pain, his own life and THE TRUTH of his own situation before taking on anyone else's.

Yep. "Physician, heal thyself." George seems like a good guy deep down, a little easily led perhaps, but decent and caring at the root of him. He could eventually be a good advocate for missing and murdered children and their families, but he needs to deal with his own pain, his own life and THE TRUTH of his own situation before taking on anyone else's.

Bold by me.

:clap:

Agree. (IMO) Before George can have credibility as a missing child advocate, he must face the truth of his own situation.

George requested donations in this video clip when he visited Haleigh's family.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18701735/index.html

He mentions Kid Finders and says "we got to get some donations coming in for this family" at about 1:37 on the clip.

I think I missed something. What does the family need donations for? I haven't been able to find anything where the family asks for donations, or indicates that they have any monetary needs. The family has been pleading repeatedly for precious little Haleigh to be found. They seem consumed with desperation and sadness about Haleigh's plight, and just want her found. I have not even seen anything where they ask for donations to fund any search efforts such as TES, although I would certainly find that most appropriate.

Sooo... could someone tell me what I missed that George is calling for donations to the families? And out of curiosity, does anyone know why George is not calling for donations for the well documented reputable search efforts by TES?

TIA

Also, the previous post about how curious it is that George as a former LE would say the family shouldn't be scrutinized. After 10 years with a sheriff's department, he should know how important it is that the people immediately surrounding a missing child are *the* most important people to look at. I thought that basically everybody knew that.

Reaching out to help others is great way to heal for many people. Reaching out with the appearance of helping others to gain support for one's less than admirable agenda is just plain exploitative.

Has M Klaas been there to guide Haleigh's family? I know he can help them tremendously. He knows exactly what the family needs to do, and how to do it, and I can't think of a better resource. How about Beth Holloway? She's another parent in that 'unique club' who is extremely knowleable about these situations and would be a fantastic resource for Haleigh's family. Has she contacted them?

Again, TIA.

George Anthony is all about secrets. His family is all about secrets. Perhaps Cindy has convinced George that he could be another Mark K or John Walsh.
At this time there is no psychiatrist foolish enough who would recommend to GA to become an advocate for missing children and if there is they should lose their license. The death of Caylee is still fresh in his mind and there is NO WAY that George could even think clearly because of the grief he holds in his heart for his granddaughter.
He's bucking for a meltdown if he continues in the way he is going, pushing his grief on the back burner to not deal with it by focusing his time on others problems. Remember it hasn't been that long since he wanted to commit suicide.
George Anthony is not a well man and for That Kid advocacy group and Cindy to use him for their personal and wealth gain is just wrong. Perhaps the advocacy group promised George Big Bucks if he became their spokesperson. Am I correct to say they Anthonys have no or little income coming in since Cindy is not working at this time and George is in no shape now to work and they are relying on the donations of others?
George needs to stay home and get grounded, deal with his grief and heal so that he can prepare himself for Court when call up to the witness stand during KC's trial because thats going to be tough on him.

I think I missed something. What does the family need donations for? I haven't been able to find anything where the family asks for donations, or indicates that they have any monetary needs. The family has been pleading repeatedly for precious little Haleigh to be found. They seem consumed with desperation and sadness about Haleigh's plight, and just want her found. I have not even seen anything where they ask for donations to fund any search efforts such as TES, although I would certainly find that most appropriate.
snipped for space

Donations are the way KFN survives. They ask for donations saying they are for the family, they obviously take their cut, what the percentage might be is anybody's guess.(95%?) Then, the sale of the t-shirts and bracelets etc, is just xtra money they make. KFN would like the public to believe they are doing things out of the goodness of their hearts when everything they do is just for their own benefit.

Sooo... could someone tell me what I missed that George is calling for donations to the families? And out of curiosity, does anyone know why George is not calling for donations for the well documented reputable search efforts by TES?

That's what I'd like to know. It's not reputable to just come out asking for donations and not being up front about what those donations are for, what organization they are going to, etc.

This is all going to come to a bad end, I predict. As if the Anthonys already didn't have enough "bad end" to experience still, with the coming trial of their daughter, collaborating with KFN is going to add more trouble to their lives. I feel eventually KFN will be caught in something fraudulent and George will be swept up in that.

I know many here feel pity for him and think he means well. Sometimes I am swayed that way for a bit, but in general, I do not trust him. He's just a little too... something... what? Too used car salesman sincere? I just know I cringe every time I hear him speak more than a sentence or two and double over when he brings up "donations." As someone else said, why does he immediately think the family of a missing child needs donations to pour in?

I agree. I've said before I don't think he's a sweet, hapless bystander. But no matter what his intentions, IMO he's not a good spokesperson for this cause. Not right now anyway. He hasn't come to any kind of acceptance of what happened and who did it. The trial is still a way off. He's still in for a major amount of turmoil when THAT finally starts. Caylee's case is also still in the public eye, so anytime he appears anywhere to try to advocate for other missing children and their families, people are going to be distracted by thoughts of Casey, trunks smelling like "pizza," etc.

Right or wrong, I do think George was sincere in trying to help the family. I agree it's too soon for him to be "out there" though and it's a real shame he has affiliated himself with KFN.

When he was talking about not scrutinizing the family, I think he was referring to the media and people in general, not LE.

As for the donations...he knows this is going to cause a financial hardship for the family, maybe they aren't thinking about it right now, but how much work has Ron missed? Maybe he can take personal or vacation time, but maybe not. And isn't Bio-Mom staying in a hotel? If donations were being collected (by anybody but KFN) and put into a fund for the family, I don't think that's a bad thing.

I think GA really feels that helping missing children is his calling. It's his way of bringing something good out of losing the love of his life. There's nothing wrong with that. GA, speaking at Caylee's memorial, says:

"I’ve talked a lot about Caylee to many, many of you at our command center that we had, I miss that command center. But you know something, the command center needed to close at one time, and that was hard for me and it still is hard for me to drive by different places where we had our tent, our gray building where we held t shirts buttons wristbands and banners of not only of Caylee, but of other missing children. There are people here today that are family united and what that family united are: they’re missing their children right now and if there’s anything at all that any of us can ever do is to look for these children! There’s children out there that are missing, that need to be brought home, no matter what, no matter what."

His good intentions are being taken advantage of by KFN. The news of little Haleigh came out on the day of Caylee's memorial. KFN and, in particular, DM pounced on the opportunity to arrive on the scene and solicit donations. They knew GA would bring media attention and, hopefully, a lot of money. GA needs to step back and disassociate himself with this "network". That's the only way he'll be able to give of himself and help missing children in a truly honorable way. If he doesn't, he's setting himself up for heartbreak.

Why in the world would George feel that helping missing children was his new calling? He has no experience with a missing child whatsoever. Caylee was never missing. She was dead and his daughter never reported it and is still lying to this day.

I absolutely don't get this at all.

Cindy reported her granddaughter was missing in July. The grandparents didn't know she was dead. They thought she was missing.

In my opinion they never experienced a "missing" child. They had uneasiness during the 31 days, for sure. The minute they got to the car at the tow yard they knew there was DEATH. There was no "missing" and they have nothing to contribute to frightened, distraught families in the midst of a desperate search.

If some choose to call their actions after day 31 denial that's a choice, but I don't think the facts bear this out.

i think ga just wanted to help .. i dont think he went to cause trouble he probably doesnt want to see that family make the mistakes he did .. and probably to get away from ca for awhile .. to feel like he has a purpose .. to find a reason to live .

But it's not about HIM. It's about the needs of Haleigh's family. They cannot fix George. Thank god for this grandpa who told him to take a hike.

In my opinion they never experienced a "missing" child. They had uneasiness during the 31 days, for sure. The minute they got to the car at the tow yard they knew there was DEATH. There was no "missing" and they have nothing to contribute to frightened, distraught families in the midst of a desperate search.

If some choose to call their actions after day 31 denial that's a choice, but I don't think the facts bear this out.

I feel that the Anthony family are now trying to appear main stream now that the trial is looming in the horizon. They know that public opinion is against them and they are trying to rehabilitate their image. Good Luck! Their daughter was never missing and they did not appear to be out looking for her when they said she was. The Anthony family will never have an ounce of credibility in establishing or being involved in a foundation raising funds for missing children. Marc Klass is a hero to those causes and took a polygraph test from the beginning. The
Anthony's to this day continue to deny to the public that their daughter was involved.... how can you be an advocate for missing children when you do not stand up for your own little grandaughter??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back