• No - the autopsy report is correct

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes - the autopsy report should be corrected

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Do you think the autopsy report was wrong, incomplete or inaccurate? And how would you 'correct' it if you could?

Do you think the autopsy report was wrong, incomplete or inaccurate? And how would you 'correct' it if you could?

I'm not sure why you are asking this, HOTYH. I mean, not being a pathologist, I wouldn't presume to correct it and I have to assume that his clinical impressions were correct. I'm also pretty sure that Dr Meyer actually admitted to having kept certain things vague since he expected to be going to court pretty quickly. Someone else may recall more about this? Could use some more polling options.

If I could have two wishes, though, they would be that the TOD tests had been done and that Trujillo had selected the other body finger-printing technique.

I would correct it. There were others present at the autopsy apart from Coroner Mayer, and they heard him make comments about a sexual assault with respect to the vaginal injuries. He commented that his findings were consistent with a digital penetration. These comments were not put in the report and they should have been. This was a CHILD MURDER. ANYTHING having to do with a possible sexual assault in conjunction with her death should have been stated in the report.
Mayer's failure to do a more thorough job in determining a TOD when first encountering the body cannot be repaired, but his failure to state in the autopsy the complete findings that were directly related to circumstances of her death AND their possible cause is not only baffling but a bit suspect.

I have a question.Dunno where I read that only parts of the report were released.Is it true?TIA

I would correct it. There were others present at the autopsy apart from Coroner Mayer, and they heard him make comments about a sexual assault with respect to the vaginal injuries. He commented that his findings were consistent with a digital penetration. These comments were not put in the report and they should have been. This was a CHILD MURDER. ANYTHING having to do with a possible sexual assault in conjunction with her death should have been stated in the report.
Mayer's failure to do a more thorough job in determining a TOD when first encountering the body cannot be repaired, but his failure to state in the autopsy the complete findings that were directly related to circumstances of her death AND their possible cause is not only baffling but a bit suspect.

ITA.I am more upset with his failure re the COD.Would have changed everything IMO.

IMO he handled it badly, TOD should be imperitive, missing the head wound until dissection, using contaminated scraper for the nails, not determining the postion of the body with regards to the staining on the underwear, not explaining if the strangulation or head injury came first....................

Everybody agreed back then that they need the body for more tests but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,the DA people who wanted to please the Ramsey's said helllllllllllp,they wanna ransom the boooooooooooddyyyyyyyyy!!

DISGUSTING.

You know,I perfectly understand the Ramsey's and their attorneys.Two guilty people and their lawyers.Makes sense why they acted like they did.

But the DA people?:banghead: I would be ASHAMED.They were (and still are it seems) a DISGRACE.

Everybody agreed back then that they need the body for more tests but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,the DA people who wanted to please the Ramsey's said helllllllllllp,they wanna ransom the boooooooooooddyyyyyyyyy!!

DISGUSTING.

You know,I perfectly understand the Ramsey's and their attorneys.Two guilty people and their lawyers.Makes sense why they acted like they did.

But the DA people?:banghead: I would be ASHAMED.They were (and still are it seems) a DISGRACE.

madeleine, I applaud every word of that.

I think I read that Dr Meyer had retired. His being deliberately vague will be especially unhelpful if he pops his clogs before the case comes to trial...

So, in fact, yes, I think the report should be corrected.

I think I read that Dr Meyer had retired. His being deliberately vague will be especially unhelpful if he pops his clogs before the case comes to trial...

So, in fact, yes, I think the report should be corrected.

I was just thinking about that. Now that he's stepping down, who knows what he might reveal?

I was just thinking about that. Now that he's stepping down, who knows what he might reveal?

That's a point! I mean, I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, but his reasons for not doing the standard TOD tests and for spending so little time with the body certainly could use some clarification.

I doubt he'll reveal anything- unless he really needs the $$$. He doesn't have what it takes to be a hero.

DISGUSTING.
ITA! this was a child murder.I think that's the whiniest line I've ever heard!! the spin started veryyy earlyyyyy on.

Yes, and will he do a biography: My Life as a ME, including new, undisclosed details on the JonBenet case?

Or maybe an interview recounting his famous cases, and that one, e.g. the Unsolved One?

he could be asked what the Birefringent Material was, i.e. was it related to the paintbrush or ...

If anything Meyer should have tried to figure out a more accurate TOD as I think this would have given more clues as to what happened and WHEN that night.

Everyone seemed so damn incompetent when it came to this case.... the DA, BPD, ect... Poor JB didn't stand a chance.

Yes, and will he do a biography: My Life as a ME, including new, undisclosed details on the JonBenet case?

Or maybe an interview recounting his famous cases, and that one, e.g. the Unsolved One?

he could be asked what the Birefringent Material was, i.e. was it related to the paintbrush or ...

I'm not holding my breath, UKGuy.

I'm not holding my breath, UKGuy.

If he needs the money or is made an offer he cannot refuse, he will likely do it. Since nearly everyone accepts the case will never be heard in court, so Meyer could release some lab results and match up names etc, allowing readers to make their own minds up, similar to Kolar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back