UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
here it is nurse.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10763286

'Stacy had called his son every day since he came to Utah, and Stephanie Sloop often would call her ex-husband to complain about the boy's behavior, Stacy said. But starting May 5 -- the day charging documents say Nathan Sloop, 31, began abusing Ethan -- his ex-wife kept coming up with reasons the boy couldn't talk to his father. The last call Stacy made was Monday, when Nathan Sloop gave another reason why the boy couldn't talk to his father, Stacy said.
"I never did get a call back," he said.'

ETA Maybe this should be added to the time line....

BBM
So SS was also calling Joe to complain about Ethan and his behavior. I would take that to mean that Ethan wasn't happy from the time he arrived in Utah or shortly after! I guess SS wasn't very successful in teaching Ethan that it isn't wise to "provoke" NS's "bad boy" side!:furious:

Good call...you can see the date is partially on the picture and partially on the stations background...

(Reference was to the "May 5" timestamped photo of Ethan and NS)

There's another possibility: The photo may have been cropped to delete something on the right side, and the original timestamp left on. (It'd be quite a journalistic scandal if a TV station purposely changed the timestamp on a photo.)

I bet on the 7th she was buying tape bags etc.
I really think Ethan died the 6th.

on the 9th she went for the prescription at 5am WHY?

I'm willing to bet that they had already buried Ethan at some time earlier and she went to get pain pills for NS cause the poor guy was sore from having to dig a hole to put that precious baby in!!!! OR something to calm his nerves for being responsible for the death of his wife's child! :furious:

Yes, Joe last talked to Ethan on the 4th of May.

Starting on the 5th of May everyday he called, Stephanie would give an excuse as to why Ethan couldn't talk. Ending on the 10th of May (Monday) when Nathan answered and gave an excuse.

Later that night they reported Ethan as "missing".

So....this begs a question: why didn't Stephanie answer JS's phone call on May 10th? She'd answered all the other calls.

(Reference was to the "May 5" timestamped photo of Ethan and NS)

There's another possibility: The photo may have been cropped to delete something on the right side, and the original timestamp left on. (It'd be quite a journalistic scandal if a TV station purposely changed the timestamp on a photo.)

I don't think they changed it. I have seen the statements in which LE says there is a pic timestamped the 4th but I believe the date is wrong in there after finding that Joe talked to him on the 4th and PS saw him the 5th and then on the 5th Joe was given an excuse. I am satisfied in my mind that the pics started on the 5th after PS saw him and before Joe called and told Ethan couldn't talk. From what I have read everything fits except the pic timestamped the 4th showing the swollen and bruised jaw that LE has in their statements. If that was actually the 5th then it all fit with the abuse starting on the 5th and ending sometime over the weekend. I know nurse is correct about rigor and feel he may very well have been dead a couple days before they reported him missing.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the time line forward for the members and guests.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 101st revision (05/15/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers).

April 28th - Wednesday

Divorce papers finalized in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 4th - Tuesday
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe
..First of many cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (specific place wasn't mentioned)
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
..Stephanie continues to complain about Ethan's behavior. Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, was told his son wasn't available to talk with, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.

Between May 5 and May 8
Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thurs May 6 or Fri May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th - Friday
..Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth.
..Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found smeared feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips are bleeding
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
..Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
..Stephanie makes trip to pharmacy to pick up RX at 5:00am
..Ethan is found dead in bed - Stephanie reports Ethan feels cold and stiff

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3
..Nate talks with Joe rather than Stephanie
..Late in day Stephanie reports child missing
...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from this document. Quotes, and LE media leases.
(Nathan Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/0/3...-e3a995c798a8/Probable_Cause_Nathan_Sloop.pdf

(Stephanie Probable Cause)
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6...7e69229a/Probable_Cause_Stephanie_C_Sloop.pdf

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!

Every time I read that time line, I feel nauseated. I just can not imagine the pain and terror Ethan suffered. This is so unbearably sad

after reading Stephanie's probable case statement again:
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/c/6...7e69229a/Probable_Cause_Stephanie_C_Sloop.pdf
-------------------

Sunday 9 May:
-3am she says she checks on Ethan and he is asleep
-5am she runs out to pick up a prescription
-530am she returns with nate sitting "calmly" and says the baby is dead
-she says he is cold and blue and she tries cpr (eta: and STIFF)

on looking back at her whole statement I can see why the SA says this statement should not be taken as fact and that there is another mountain of evidence

I don't think they changed it. I have seen the statements in which LE says there is a pic timestamped the 4th but I believe the date is wrong in there after finding that Joe talked to him on the 4th and PS saw him the 5th and then on the 5th Joe was given an excuse. I am satisfied in my mind that the pics started on the 5th after PS saw him and before Joe called and told Ethan couldn't talk. From what I have read everything fits except the pic timestamped the 4th showing the swollen and bruised jaw that LE has in their statements. If that was actually the 5th then it all fit with the abuse starting on the 5th and ending sometime over the weekend. I know nurse is correct about rigor and feel he may very well have been dead a couple days before they reported him missing.

I believe the LE's timestamp of the 4th being the first picture taken.

The abuse could have took place and the picture taken after Joe talked to Ethan on the 4th.

after reading Stephanie's probable case statement again:
-------------------

Sunday 9 May:
-3am she says she checks on Ethan and he is asleep
-5am she runs out to pick up a prescription
-530am she returns with nate sitting "calmly" and says the baby is dead
-she says he is cold and blue and she tries cpr (eta: and STIFF)
then went to sleep?

on looking back at her whole statement I can see why the SA says this statement should not be taken as fact and that there is another mountain of evidence

BBM seriously? her child is dead so she went to sleep???? and woke up because NS was talking to Frank? ~only there is no Frank??

I believe the LE's timestamp of the 4th being the first picture taken.

The abuse could have took place and the picture taken after Joe talked to Ethan on the 4th.

Agreed, I think I am just giving Nate's mom benefit of the doubt as to him being fine on the fifth. One is correct and one is not. I am hoping for a typo and that PS is not lying is all. I try to believe in the basic goodness of people and either she is lying or the abuse didn't start until after she saw him on the 4th.

BBM seriously? her child is dead so she went to sleep???? and woke up because NS was talking to Frank? ~only there is no Frank??
I didn't put in my post that she went to sleep... (wasn't in the probable cause statement)

However, the fact that on Mother's day, 9 May 2010 she
-at 3am woke up to check her son (who has already been obviously beaten)
-at 5 am makes a trip to the pharmacy
-at 530 am when she 'gets back' according to her to find Nathan calm and awake saying her baby is dead
-and than 30 or so hours reports him missing

well, as cold hearted as all of that is.. I am sure the @#$%^ found some time in there to sleep.

They reported him missing on May 10th, so if he was dead "a couple days before", it didn't progress over the weekend. He'd have already been dead by May 8th (Saturday).

Remember, LE describes a "progression" of injuries were documented via picture and video.

I'm completely comfortable with May 4th being an important date in this case.

Agreed, I think I am just giving Nate's mom benefit of the doubt as to him being fine on the fifth. One is correct and one is not. I am hoping for a typo and that PS is not lying is all. I try to believe in the basic goodness of people and either she is lying or the abuse didn't start until after she saw him on the 4th.

We have emotions, and we have facts; we can't let one cloud the other. The facts will be out when the autopsy results are released, and we'll know.

We may even know more about dates/times once there's a release of the financial, security video, business records, and other evidence that the Sloops didn't have control over -- and which their stories will conflict with (IMO).

We have emotions, and we have facts; we can't let one cloud the other. The facts will be out when the autopsy results are released, and we'll know.

We may even know more about dates/times once there's a release of the financial, security video, business records, and other evidence that the Sloops didn't have control over -- and which their stories will conflict with (IMO).

And the timeline that eyes4crime is working on will be a great tool to have as "official" reports come out! That was a great idea to do from the get go!

They reported him missing on May 10th, so if he was dead "a couple days before", it didn't progress over the weekend. He'd have already been dead by May 8th (Saturday).

Remember, LE describes a "progression" of injuries were documented via picture and video.

I'm completely comfortable with May 4th being an important date in this case.

Okay sorry I wasn't more specific. Midnight 10/11 reported missing, a couple of days before = Saturday at midnight he is gone, which is over the weekend by one day. I should have said I think he was gone by Saturday night because of the state of rigor. Of course Stephanie could have been lying about the state of his body when she tried to give him cpr too.

The only issue I have with May 4th is PS says she saw him on the 5th. I want to believe she is not lying.

But really, as far as I know they killed him the first night and buried him before PS left town and she helped. I feel like you are picking at me. Is it because I think the date my 4th date might be a mistake by whoever typed up the charging documents?

I only have a theory and an opinion and a time line to go by. I really have no facts as LE has said the statements are not thorough or necessarily correct.

I am very new to posting and am already nervous about doing it. Probably time to go back to lurking.

Okay sorry I wasn't more specific. Midnight 10/11 reported missing, a couple of days before = Saturday at midnight he is gone, which is over the weekend by one day. I should have said I think he was gone by Saturday night because of the state of rigor. Of course Stephanie could have been lying about the state of his body when she tried to give him cpr too.

The only issue I have with May 4th is PS says she saw him on the 5th. I want to believe she is not lying.

But really, as far as I know they killed him the first night and buried him before PS left town and she helped. I feel like you are picking at me. Is it because I think the date my 4th date might be a mistake by whoever typed up the charging documents?

I only have a theory and an opinion and a time line to go by. I really have no facts as LE has said the statements are not thorough or necessarily correct.

I am very new to posting and am already nervous about doing it. Probably time to go back to lurking.

I'm not picking at you a bit; I thought we were exchanging ideas. If it's wrong to propose a different view, I guess I'm wrong a lot around here when I comment on a statement.

And the timeline that eyes4crime is working on will be a great tool to have as "official" reports come out! That was a great idea to do from the get go!

Absolutely! Since I have to have organized thought, I really appreciate what eyes4crime has done on this case. I know how much work it is to put that all together....and it never ends.

I updated the Steven Koecher timeline, within the last hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288