TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll move on to videos from the fifteenth here in a minute, but I just have to say,

HER NAME IS HOLLY BOBO, NOT "WHITNEY DUNCAN'S COUSIN". And by the way, dear news editors, if you have to identify her as a famous person's cousin, please have the decency to make the big picture of Holly, and the little picture of the famous cousin. Thank you, that is all.

4/15/2011

reporter asks for updates on progress:
Sheriff Wyatt:
"Uh, We've still got search teams, had em out yesterday up until the early part of the night. Uh, the weathers gonna play a large part today as to how that we uh, handle this. We've got forecasts of, uh, hail, uh, winds, and possible tornadoes today, so we'll wait and see how the weather plays out, uh, and how we will do our search today."
Repoerter asks about the circumstances around her disappearance:
Wyatt:
"Uh, yessir, that's the way that it is being investigated at this time (that she was taken against her will.) We're looking at it, uh, as a crime, as a, uh, abduction, and, uh, we believe that she was taken against her will."
Reporter asks about the boyfriend, stating that he is known for going turkey hunting in the early mornings wearing camo and where he fits into the investigation:
Wyatt:
"We have talked to every person that we know, every family member, every acquaintance, every person in that community, everybody has been interviewed and talked to, and we do not have a suspect at this time."
Reporter points out that the TBI says boyfriend is not a suspect and that they can confirm his whereabouts when she went missing. Asks for further confirmation:
Wyatt:
"Uh, yessir, that be correct."
Reporter asks how the family is handling this and when her family got worried:
Wyatt:
"Uh, it was shortly before, uh, we got the call at my office, which came in at 7:59 a.m. Uh, officers was dispatched, and then we uh, took it up there. The mother was there on the scene when we got there."
Reporter says that the terrain and brush are so thick that the search dogs have to be carried through, asks if they think she is still there or has been taken out of the woods:
Wyatt:
"Well, we have no evidence at this time for us to believe anything else on what she is still not in that area. Uh, if there's anything develops then we will move out and we will be, uh, weather permitting, we will be expanding our search area today."
reporter asks if the community is afraid:
Wyatt:
"Uh, no sir, they doesn't seem to be, afraid right now. they are more concerned about the family and finding Holly right now. That the only thing that's on everybody's heart and everybody's mind in Decatur County."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42588547/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

4/15/2011

"We have located some new articles that we believe are of interest," Mayor Michael Smith said.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-15/...ng-woman-new-evidence-young-woman?_s=PM:CRIME

Wyatt said, "We're still in our very early stages of investigation, following up every lead, everything that we can find, we're following up on it at this time."

"It has been great," he said. This community, as you know, we're in a rural area. The Bobo family live in a rural part of the county. The citizens of this county have turned out tremendously. They've provided food. They have provided search teams. Horseback, foot, we've covered a large area because of them. There's not enough law enforcement in this area to cover that. But the citizens have stepped up, and we're so very appreciative."
http://www.volunteertv.com/home/hea...abducted_daughter_knew_routine_119906384.html

"He actually had an arm holding her, so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life. So she was complying with his demands," said John Mehr, an agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20054470-504083.html

"The boyfriend is not a suspect. The brother is not a suspect," Mehr said. "We are confident of that."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42613907/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

4/16/2011:

John Mehr:
"We believe with what we know, and I'll tell you, he actually had her by the arm, holding her, and so we feel that she knew she was in fear of her life, and so she was complying with his demands."
Mehr:
"We did find a lunch purse that was dropped."
reporter introduces Lt, and asks him to dispel rumors from the day before:
Lt. Brad Willbanks:
"Well, uh, right, of course our goal is to find Holly. Agent mehr with TBI was able to put to rest the rumors about, and maybe change the wording, I think the word dragged was, might could have been, I think the word led should have been used. Had a lot of misconceptions out, the brother, the boyfriend, just that kind of things, and I'm glad to see Agent Mehr was able to do that, so it put the county at a little more rest."
Reporter reiterates that brother and bf have been cleared, asks about the lunch box:
Willbanks:
"Uh, it's positive identification, and as Agent Mehr alluded to, it's a clue, uh, they're analyzing all, all their center now."
Reporter asks about report of blood in driveway:
Willbanks:
""Yes, yesterday, in a press conference, Agent Mehr was able to confirm that there was an area of blood found outside, outside the door there."
Reporter asks about the duct tape that their cameras filmed the discovery of and if it was a lead:
Willbanks:
"Well, you can imagine the, the number of people we had out yesterday. They found several things, identified it, bagged it, the authorities carried it back to TBI. They went through several things during the night. Agent Mehr may allude to that today or tomorrow, uh, to their findings of it."
Reporter comments on how extraordinary the support for the family is:
Willbanks:
"Absolutely. And of course, I see things on TV; tornadoes hit different towns and they come together and that's a good thing to see, but yesterday I learned a new meaning why they call Tennessee the volunteer state.

Mehr said investigators "did not see drag marks." He added she was "not forcefully dragged and she's like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods".

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker..."

"There is not a person of interest at this time," he said.

"Folks, this is getting good now. Things are happening fast," a state investigator told a crowd of volunteers at the makeshift staging ground in Parsons. (I won't even make personal comment as to how insensitive I feel that statement is.)

"It's very possible that he could have known her, could have known her daily routine. We're following up on everything we possibly can," said Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt.
"As long as we keep our faith that she is alive."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo...rge-search-continues/story?id=13389409&page=2

4/16/2011
Mehr:
"We're searching all different areas through Decatur County."
Mehr:
"...some in Carroll County, some in Henderson County, some in Benton County. Well, we just feel that she may be in this area." (referring to where they have searched and sent volunteers.)
Mehr:
"Yes, there's people calling in saying they say someone they thought was was her."
Mehr, regarding the reports of blood (already confirmed by prior reports from Lt.):
"We have not reported that, and we don't want to discuss any type of evidence nd the rumor mill that might be out there."
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/tennessee/tbi-investigating-leads-on-holly-bobo-mfo-20110416

Bear in mind, the examiner is a blog, not a reliable news site, so take anything from them with a grain of salt unless it is linked to a reliable news sites article.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation had received an additional 30 leads Monday evening since Sunday's total of 250. Investigators hope the increased reward offer will generate more leads.

~~snip~~

"We have no indication otherwise," TBI Director Mark Gwyn said. "We did find blood at the scene, but not enough to lead us to believe that it was a life-threatening injury, so we've got to just hope and pray that she is still alive."

~~snip~~

"We know there was a lunch pail," Gwyn said. "We know there was blood."

He did not confirm if the blood was Bobo's and said investigators were focusing efforts on finding her.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS01/104190317/1002/-75K-reward-Bobo-case

Okay, another question: If the brother says he saw her being led away, but recent reports are saying he did not actually see her go, are we looking at an untruthful brother or misreporting media? Has there been any indication of which it is? This is the sort of thing that could easily be mis-reported, but if the brother were intentionally untruthful, it could change things in a big
way.

BBM...It is neither. This is a friendly reminder as we are a victim-friendly forum, please be mindful to not imply our victims may have any criminal involvement.

Holly's brother Clint did not give a statement to the media.

The media is reporting that IT WAS TBI WHO CHANGED THEIR OWN STATEMENT

<snipped from link>

The TBI previously reported her 25-year-old brother Clint saw her being dragged away from the carport of her home by a man wearing camouflage clothing, but Mehr clarified that description.

link ===> http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

4/17/2011

"We got lots of volunteers and we're continuing to do searches throughout the county in other areas and looking any type of leads that could help us in bringing Holly back," Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said.

"We also are getting tremendous amount of leads from all over the country throughout the United States. And so, we're following up on those leads as they come in and prioritizing the ones that aren't the urgent leads," he said. "We're continuing to ask people to call in and give us information on this case because we want to bring Holly back."

Interview with Whitney Duncan:
Duncan:
"She's beautiful, she's sweet, she's a good Christian girl, you know, kinda shy, quiet girl. Until you get to know her and then she's just funny and sweet and, she's amazing."
"The family right now is trying to be strong, you know, it doesn't seem real, you know, that's the last phone call you ever expect to get, you know. And, um, it's a close family, so we're just trying to hold it together."
"It's really moving, and makes us feel great that people out there, they do care so much and they, they're trying to find her and they want her home."

TBI Spokeswoman:
"Think about somebody that you know that maybe cleaned out a car, reported a vehicle or an ATV stolen, um, excessively cleaned the ATV, or some unusual behavior"

Duncan:
"We just want her back. No matter if you know, if anybody knows anything, um, that they might not even feel would be important, but if it is, anything, any details, anything weird that they've seen, they'll just come forward with all that. And, um, I hope they come forward with any information that could lead to getting her back."
"Um, we need to go search. That's it."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-hundreds-volunteers-comb-woods/story?id=13394953&page=2

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm (TBI Spokeswoman) said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

"He's most likely a resident in this community," Helm said, "and this is a tight-knitted community where people know each other."

"You can imagine when you have 900 people volunteering here yesterday that they are going to find a lot things, some that's trash, some that's related to the investigation," Helm said. "We do believe there are other things related, but we will not disclose them at this time."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/1...ue-search-tenn-woman-250-leads/#ixzz1Jxtcxyms

BBM...It is neither. This is a friendly reminder as we are a victim-friendly forum, please be mindful to not imply our victims may have any criminal involvement.

Holly's brother Clint did not give a statement to the media.

The media is reporting that IT WAS TBI WHO CHANGED THEIR OWN STATEMENT

<snipped from link>

The TBI previously reported her 25-year-old brother Clint saw her being dragged away from the carport of her home by a man wearing camouflage clothing, but Mehr clarified that description.

link ===> http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

Actually, it's being listed as mis-reporting in the dispelling of rumors by John Mehr of TBI. See transcripts above. It was misreporting...just misreported TO the media instead of BY the media...confusing either way. And to clarify, I was not implying anything, just asking, at a time when I was unsure. I doubt that the brother would have been so fast to notify if he was involved, but his emotional state could have bearing on how he remembered and reported what he saw. That's what I was trying to get a feel for. This is a tiny little community, and if they believed that he was involved, I'm sure it would have come out by now.

I don't think she could have been in a position to leave any sort of a trail; surely he would have had to restrain her in order to get her away from the area, no one imagines her going willingly into those woods.

...What if she was sitting directly behind the perp on his ATV?

...What if she was sitting directly behind the perp on his ATV?

Or in front of him, with him reaching around to steer? that would have kept her pretty well immobilized,and I know I wouldn't have had the guts to crash an ATV, even to try to get away. And I'm pretty gutsy, lol.

You know, as I've been hunting down direct LE statements, I've been keeping an eye on the comments pretty close too. No one has come right out and said, Hey so-and-so is a pretty creepy guy, have they checked him out, like seems to happen in a lot of cases, so even though LE thinks it was a local, noone seems to have a good idea which local...that's scary. means whoever it is, they have a pretty good "sane face."

Actually, it's being listed as mis-reporting in the dispelling of rumors by John Mehr of TBI. See transcripts above. It was misreporting...just misreported TO the media instead of BY the media...confusing either way. And to clarify, I was not implying anything, just asking, at a time when I was unsure. I doubt that the brother would have been so fast to notify if he was involved, but his emotional state could have bearing on how he remembered and reported what he saw. That's what I was trying to get a feel for. This is a tiny little community, and if they believed that he was involved, I'm sure it would have come out by now.

what you call mis-reporting i called changed their statement. i think we are both in the same vein. thanks for volunteering to transcribe. you are doing a great job and i really appreciate it.

it's driving me batty, the only presser I can find is the one with her parents...otherwise I just have little snippets. Does anyone have to the last presser or, actually, I think, it's the last two that I'm missing?

...Maybe. The assumption has been that the perp is someone known to Holly, but it could also be a situation similar to the Petit home invasion in CT, where the two perps, area locals, surveilled the mother and daughter at a mall and picked them at random, followed them home to learn the location of their residence, and planned their home invasion later on. Holly may or may not know the perp.

someone posted a video here last nite that showed holly's house from the air. is that an above ground pool behind it? i wonder if the perp watched her from the woods. creepy

In regards to the ES case..... Once her parents found out who it was they said they knew he would not kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie