OK - Bailey Thrasher, 16, stabbed to death, Mustang, 1 Sept 2007

sassy_texasbelle2

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit
Reaction score
This quote from the father of the dead girl:

A romance began and shortly after, the two moved into an apartment together. Darin Thrasher knew better, but said he thought the situation might benefit his daughter because Roberson didn't drink or do drugs and would be a good example."I thought it would be a positive for her," he said. "Then I also thought the relationship would fizzle out and she would be done partying."

13 yrs old and he allows this to happen to his daughter???

IMO this girl's father should be charged with child neglect and as an accessory to child sexual abuse and rape. That is what it is called when a parent willingly allows a grown man to have sex with his underage daughter. He let her start living with this perv when she was only 13!

Where is this child's mother? She was attending an alternative school, so it seems to me that some type of child protective agency or court must have delt with this family in the past, so where were they when the teacher from that school was screwing around with this child?

Poor girl never had a chance!

Susan

Lost my rather good and large post. So, the girl's father thought it would be a good idea to let a 32 year old man sleep with his 16 year old because he didn't do drugs. The 32 year old man is guilty of killing the girl, but the girl's dad has blood on his hands too.

I think there's definitely a bad parenting award to be handed out here. I personally can't wrap my head around permitting this girl to live with that man at all. Even the suggestion from one of my older girls would have me calling the cops on the guy.

[Taximom, great minds think alike!]

Steve/Mr. A

Lost my rather good and large post. So, the girl's father thought it would be a good idea to let a 32 year old man sleep with his 16 year old because he didn't do drugs. The 32 year old man is guilty of killing the girl, but the girl's dad has blood on his hands too.

What's worse is she was 13 when he allowed them to move in together! :furious:

I'm thinking
*she was a handful
*mother was out of the picture (divorced/deceased) which may explain her being a handful other than being a teenage girl
*dad couldn't handle her and having someone else do it was much easier.

Then the poor thing hooks up with this nut?

I think there's definitely a bad parenting award to be handed out here. I personally can't wrap my head around permitting this girl to live with that man at all. Even the suggestion from one of my older girls would have me calling the cops on the guy.

[Taximom, great minds think alike!]

Steve/Mr. A

I was having such a great day and then I read this article!!! How can anyone let their daughter live with someone that's probably the same age as he (dad) is? I've seen fathers let their sons get away with murder (boys will be boys), but most males know what other males think of most of the time, and wouldn't let their young daughters live with an older man.

I better shut up before I get into trouble here! :D :truce:

Steve, this investigation is in good hands now that you're involved. I can't wait to see what you find on Roberson.

I know he's not the "real" bad guy here but wondered what you thought about this.

This review of Sid's Diner in Yukon states that the owner (Darin Thrasher) is an Elvis impersonator. (I saw that in a google search here:
http://www.elvisthrasher.com/elvis/index.html

but ruled it out as the phone # was for New Jersey.) Now I'm thinking I was wrong....

Review from http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=18463846 :
Love this place!!!: If you are looking for a good, cheap meal, this is the place to go! It is the perfect greasy spoon! The burgers are awesome, the fries hot and fresh, and the soda is cold. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is 50's and it's owned by an Elvis impersonator! What more could you ask for!​

If you live or are passing through Yukon, Oklahoma, try this place out. It's on Main Street (Route 66) in Yukon.​
ETA: I think this is one and the same. Sounds he was one busy dad. :(

That probably is Mr. Thrasher's site. The following info was used to first register the site in 2001 -- it's since changed:

Registrant:
Elvis Thrasher Band
3801 1/2 Central Road
Bethany, OK 73008
US

That probably is Mr. Thrasher's site. The following info was used to first register the site in 2001 -- it's since changed:

Registrant:
Elvis Thrasher Band
3801 1/2 Central Road
Bethany, OK 73008
US

This was on her "I can love u like that" xanga as a welcome message:

Welcome Message

HeY.My DaD iS ElViS//We OwN sIds freaking diner//I love my best friend (CaMiLlE Ann johnson)//HuGs NoT dRuGs!// i love country musIC// IM in LOVE...........

RIP, Bailey. This shouldn't have happened to you. :(

I know he's not the "real" bad guy here but wondered what you thought about this.

This review of Sid's Diner in Yukon states that the owner (Darin Thrasher) is an Elvis impersonator. (I saw that in a google search here:
http://www.elvisthrasher.com/elvis/index.html

but ruled it out as the phone # was for New Jersey.) Now I'm thinking I was wrong....

Review from http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=18463846 :
Love this place!!!: If you are looking for a good, cheap meal, this is the place to go! It is the perfect greasy spoon! The burgers are awesome, the fries hot and fresh, and the soda is cold. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is 50's and it's owned by an Elvis impersonator! What more could you ask for!​
If you live or are passing through Yukon, Oklahoma, try this place out. It's on Main Street (Route 66) in Yukon.​
ETA: I think this is one and the same. Sounds he was one busy dad. :(
Dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:

Thank-you for the links earlier. On the second link that you posted, (http://www.xanga.com/bizz_thrasher) there is a photo of her father with her little sister, the father is dressed as Elvis. There is also a photo of her mother.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:

Thank-you for the links earlier. On the second link that you posted, (http://www.xanga.com/bizz_thrasher) there is a photo of her father with her little sister, the father is dressed as Elvis. There is also a photo of her mother.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Thanks, D_S! I hadn't really had time to look around the sites for all those little details at that time. :blowkiss:

I'm just sick this happened. There has to be something in this killer's background that should have given everyone a clue. Especially this alternative school she was sent to in Texas.

This is the 2nd "alternative school" problem I've heard about from Texas in the last month. (Although this does have a different tone to it. The other owner was crazy but not in love with his student.)

ETA: Technically the other "alternative school" was a boot camp.

She was 13 when she began the "romance" with the jerk! That'd make him 29. Still... The parents should have been charged. I believe Oklahoma has laws similar to Kansas, but maybe not. I know in Kansas he'd (the teacher) have serious felony charges to face. Sec, let me pull up the age of consent laws. Here. (Couldn't find Oklahoma's laws on Wikipedia, so settled for that...*ICKY* site. My apologies. I did search the Oklahoma site, but it brings up rtf documents, I don't think you can link to those.)

I'd consider this so called teacher a pedophile who used the girl's problems to get access and permission to molest from the dad. Wonder if any other teachers knew about this little arrangement. Was the girl in a public alternative school or some private one?

We have very strict laws in Oklahoma regarding underage dating, etc. The parent or parents in this case SHOULD be charged!!! This is absolutely one of the worst cases of abuse on so many fronts.

I was sickened when I saw this on the news. How could anyone believe it was acceptable to allow this child to move in with a man of ANY age?!

If the parents didn't say anything...what about neighbors, her friends, his friends, other students, HIS family?!?!?! They seemed to be living quite openly and she was bragging enough about him on her pages plus to friends, I am sure. Someone SHOULD have turned this guy in a long, long time ago!

How very sad! She did sound like a handful...but it also sounds as if she had very little in the way of discipline, too. I wonder now about her older sister and little brother. I worry about them. Maybe DHS will step in and take them away before the parents can "turn them out", too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back