8 Year Old Hit By Car Getting off Bus

Malapoo

Reaction score
An 8 year old girl was hit by a car passing a stopped unloading school bus this week. The car was described as either a dark blue or black PT Cruiser or HHD. The girl as of today is upgraded from critical to serious. Police officers apparently spent a straight 20+ hours searching for a vehicle and as of this AM believe they have found the car and are questioning two people. I'm sorry the exact city escapes my mind at the moment, but it's here in NC.

How sad. Why are people in such a hurry to go "nowhere" all the time!?!?:croc:

It is illegal to pass a loading/unloading bus. I hope this driver gets punished severly!!

It is illegal to pass a loading/unloading bus. I hope this driver gets punished severly!!

There are different rules for passing a school bus. Here you can pass if it's a 4 lane road, because the children shouldn't be crossing the road. (Just FYI!)

It's also illegal to run over someone.
It's also illegal to leave the scene of an accident.
It OUGHT to be illegal for this person to be such an idiot.

Either way, the person shouldn't have 'hit and run'. Probably a drunk or on drugs. :( :(

Either way, the person shouldn't have 'hit and run'. Probably a drunk or on drugs. :( :(
I only meant in addition to the any other charges. I once saw a guy almost hit kid this way, I think it should be more than a fine or points, jmo.

If it were illegal to be an idiot I would be in soooooo much trouble :)

I don't know why people feel the need to pass a schoolbus. There should be very severe fines and jail time for doing so, I think.

I only meant in addition to the any other charges. I once saw a guy almost hit kid this way, I think it should be more than a fine or points, jmo.

If it were illegal to be an idiot I would be in soooooo much trouble :)

Refining the Law of Barbara: It should be illegal to be a jerk idiot, but it's fine to be an every day idiot. Everyday idiots are kind of cute. :)

I hope they get alot of jail time for being stupid !
How ignorant to even stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so sad when the school bus stops the signs and lights go out and on so that we know to stop behind it, why would someone just plow though a child? Unbelievable!

With this law in place, children blindly cross the road with a false sense of security, thinking that cars will stop. I prefer the rule in many European countries where you are not required to stop, but to drive extra cautiously and only stop if necessary. It demands the children be more vigilant and to use the zebra crossings. Of course, there will always be idiot drivers, whatever the law. The onus is on the parents to teach their children to take more care when crossing the road, i.e. "to always look both ways.", and not to rely on a law that counters that principle.

A 16 year old was driving the car that hit the girl. The passenger in the car has been arrested (being in the car and a witness who did not report or attempt to get the driver to stop makes her accessory) and the driver had until today to turn herself in - she is now on the run. The 8 year old has been upgraded again to fair condition. I've not heard any specifics about her injuries. I can't imagine being 16 and hitting someone. I would guess the family may be helping her "run" though teens today certainly can manage that themselves. She's only making a bad situation worse. How does she continue her education on the run or develop a meaningful life? She's just made one bad decision after another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back