Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
panthera, I also thought her Stacy Peterson coverage was excellent (all the phone interviews, etc)

I was just thinking about the little girls, and hoping that the grandparents explain, at least to the older one, before they take them to the vigil. In fact, I'm not sure it's a good idea to take them at all, but it's not my decision to make.
I'm thinking about them too and what they can understand at age 4 & 2, and I don't envy Nancy's family at all right now. :(

If I knew how my daughter was being treated and then she ends up dead...I think I would have grabbed my grandkids and hid them without thinking that might not be a good idea LOL...

I have a friend who did that. I don't know a lot of details about what happened, or how she was notified, because she doesn't like to talk about it much. But she did tell me that she drove through a driving downpour to get to a magistrate and file for temporary custody as soon as she learned her daughter was missing. Son-in-law had killed the daughter, and is still in prison. She (my friend) was pregnant at the time, and raised the girls as sisters. They are 22 now, and wonderful girls. She's done a good job with both of them.

panthera, I also thought her Stacy Peterson coverage was excellent (all the phone interviews, etc)
Oh yes!! :clap: With Brianna Dennison's murder, Mark also went to Reno and showed us where she was abducted from. I think it's the video I like best about Greta's show with the camera crews "on the scene". I also listen very much to Mark's opinions. :)

I'm thinking about them too and what they can understand at age 4 & 2, and I don't envy Nancy's family at all right now. :(

The older one will probably understand, and if she isn't told, she's going to think she's been abandoned. She's used to being with her mom every day, all day, apparently. The little one won't understand, and sadly, probably won't remember her mother. Remember little Blake, and how he "called' his mother on the cell phone? That broke my heart.

Snow, I think if more grandparents were as savy and as determined as they were to protect the children...there would be more children taken away from the possible suspect in these cases. Because Nancy's father is astute in his field is the main reason they were able to get this done in short order. He knew exactly how to go about it and he did not waste any time. Other grandparents seem to wait for them to be arrested instead before filing court papers...then if they are never arrested...it goes back to why they didn't file immediately. See what I mean?
SS, Im not so sure though that many judges would take the children away form a biological parent...what I am saying mainly is this judge did his homework and listened carefully to Nancy's parents about the state of affairs at their home...I'm convinced there are alot of judges who would not have taken the kids away from Brad...even in light of everything we know.

The four year old can comprehend her mother is gone and is not going to come back. They are more accepting of death than older children.

I never hesitated to include my other children when other deaths occurred in our family again. This has proven to be the right way to handle it. My son was allowed to help pick out his beloved grandfather's casket when he was only seven years old. It was important to him and he asked to be included.

SS, I will agree with you 110% that Nancy's parents are very savy and very dignified and have handled themselves very well in all of this. I salute them and give them the utmost respect. They are truly wonderful and intellignet people. The citizens of Cary I am sure have fallen in love with them. And with Nancy's brother being LE, they would tend to know way more than the average joe about the in's and out's of the judicial system.

I've heard about prisoner's access to the internet in the past...look at David Berkowitz. There is something VERY wrong with this IMO.
and Jet Duncan! He did the same thing... sent letters out and had people post them on his 'blog'.... sick freaks man:puke:

The older one will probably understand, and if she isn't told, she's going to think she's been abandoned. She's used to being with her mom every day, all day, apparently. The little one won't understand, and sadly, probably won't remember her mother. Remember little Blake, and how he "called' his mother on the cell phone? That broke my heart.
I agree. I think they handled Blake very well with his situation. As heartbreaking as it was, Patty allowed him to grieve with them. I also think of his bright smile while coming down the slide thanks to Patty and the family. Simply allowing Blake to talk about his mother was so important.

SS, I will agree with you 110% that Nancy's parents are very savy and very dignified and have handled themselves very well in all of this. I salute them and give them the utmost respect. They are truly wonderful and intellignet people. The citizens of Cary I am sure have fallen in love with them. And with Nancy's brother being LE, they would tend to know way more than the average joe about the in's and out's of the judicial system.

Wade Smith is the premier criminal defense attorney in NC.

You mean like the one about the band of gypsies who could've camped on that desolate cul-de-sac? The ones who are on a cross-country murder spree with each victim looking like an isolated incident?

Magister,

(Great Name BTW... Teacher!)

Humm, maybe I should try to find an older model brown van with some carpet rolls in the back. His lawyers might be interested, especially if I can find a group of roving Hawiian devil worshipers to stock it with. Possible money making opportunity right there... gonna go check eBay... BRB. :)

CyberPro

That's interesting! I was actually surprised that Brad didn't hire Tharrington-Smith. Seems like when people get into serious trouble (jason young and ann miller) they go with this firm.
I was wondering if Nancy had used this firm when she sought legal counsel and because of this, Brad was not able to because of conflict. Nancy's parents wouldn't have had that problem of course.

Maybe Nancy's family was smart enough to quickly hire the best firm in town so that Brad could not use that firm.

Susan

Oh yes, I'll never forget Blake and what he must have gone though being left alone in the house after seeing his mom 'in the rug' and maybe even her being killed. One positive note with Nancy's little girls, is they're going to be with her family and Nancy's twin sister ~ so they'll never forget what mom looked like. They'll be reminded of her every day! :)

and you can just bet that BC is online seeing what people are saying about his past behavior as a husband and human being. Did everyone read the post from a 'friend' in Canada that said he never kept friends and that the people were not surprised or shocked and they figured he was capeable of something like this... It would be interesting to interview the ex~girlfriends. This poster stated that some ex~girlfriends were not surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail