Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The four year old can comprehend her mother is gone and is not going to come back. They are more accepting of death than older children.

I never hesitated to include my other children when other deaths occurred in our family again. This has proven to be the right way to handle it. My son was allowed to help pick out his beloved grandfather's casket when he was only seven years old. It was important to him and he asked to be included.
I completely agree. The first family death I remember was my grandfather's brother passing away when I was around 10 y/o. My parents didn't think I should be taken out of school on the day of the funeral. I could never understand why and it's something I've never forgotten. :(

and you can just bet that BC is online seeing what people are saying about his past behavior as a husband and human being. Did everyone read the post from a 'friend' in Canada that said he never kept friends and that the people were not surprised or shocked and they figured he was capeable of something like this... It would be interesting to interview the ex~girlfriends. This poster stated that some ex~girlfriends were not surprised
I guess we won't be seeing them as 'defense' witnesses either. :eek:

I was wondering when you'd show up! There are a few here that you'll get along with just swell! lol :blowkiss:
LOL When I see Wudge now...I know we are going to get scolded for something in defense of the person we believe to be "presumed guilty". :cursing:

Oh yes, I'll never forget Blake and what he must have gone though being left alone in the house after seeing his mom 'in the rug' and maybe even her being killed. One positive note with Nancy's little girls, is they're going to be with her family and Nancy's twin sister ~ so they'll never forget what mom looked like. They'll be reminded of her every day! :)

They'll be okay. It's sad for them, because they've really lost both parents. Even if he didn't kill his wife, there's something wrong with that man. I think that if he is cleared, he'll go on to living a single life and never look back. That's just how he comes across to me........ too selfish to share his life with anybody

The older one will probably understand, and if she isn't told, she's going to think she's been abandoned. She's used to being with her mom every day, all day, apparently. The little one won't understand, and sadly, probably won't remember her mother. Remember little Blake, and how he "called' his mother on the cell phone? That broke my heart.

Yep, warrkat, I sure do remember that! :(

We watched that whole case unfold, piece by piece from the day Jessie went missing :(

and you can just bet that BC is online seeing what people are saying about his past behavior as a husband and human being. Did everyone read the post from a 'friend' in Canada that said he never kept friends and that the people were not surprised or shocked and they figured he was capeable of something like this... It would be interesting to interview the ex~girlfriends. This poster stated that some ex~girlfriends were not surprised
The poster's sn is Calgary123. He is very insightful into Brad's personality since he had lived with him at one time. I hope he comes back soon.

I wonder if the girls are calling their aunt "Krista Mom" because of how similar the sisters looked?? It seems as if they had been calling her that for some time now. ITA, there is only one mom...but these girls could likely be raised by her as their mom.

The identical twin angle just makes this case all the more poignant. I was curious how they answered that particular question at the pressor. I bet at times, it would be a blessing and at times it would be painful. What a tough situation.

interesting! He just graduated. His suicide attempt was reported as being around that time. A little stress from his thesis perhaps LOL

Yes, I believe I saw in the custody papers that he threatened suicide in WINTER 08. I take that to mean between January and mid-March of this year. Interestingly enough right around the time they increased the equity line by 55K.

And I understand about the tax-value increases. However, they increased their equity line twice since they opened it. Originally it was 10K, then 24K, then the 77K. Sounds like they were probably using the money to be increasing it like that.

Yep, warrkat, I sure do remember that! :(

We watched that whole case unfold, piece by piece from the day Jessie went missing :(

So did I. I'm originally from Ohio, and relocated to North Carolina. I think crime is following me.

LOL When I see Wudge now...I know we are going to get scolded for something in defense of the person we believe to be "presumed guilty". :cursing:

Well, Scott Peterson was CONVICTED and we still get scolded by various posters! It just makes for thicker skin around here, that's all. lol

They'll be okay. It's sad for them, because they've really lost both parents. Even if he didn't kill his wife, there's something wrong with that man. I think that if he is cleared, he'll go on to living a single life and never look back. That's just how he comes across to me........ too selfish to share his life with anybody
Because Brad didn't seem to contest having the children removed, I get an impression they really aren't that important to him. That says a lot, imo.

So did I. I'm originally from Ohio, and relocated to North Carolina. I think crime is following me.
It's really unusual and sad to have so many cases here in the news in such a short period of time. It used to be Florida!

I wonder if the girls are calling their aunt "Krista Mom" because of how similar the sisters looked?? It seems as if they had been calling her that for some time now. ITA, there is only one mom...but these girls could likely be raised by her as their mom.

The identical twin angle just makes this case all the more poignant. I was curious how they answered that particular question at the pressor. I bet at times, it would be a blessing and at times it would be painful. What a tough situation.
I believe that it will be very comforting for them the rest of their lives to look into Khrista's face and see their mother looking back. No one was as close to Nancy or loved her more than those three people.

Well, Scott Peterson was CONVICTED and we still get scolded by various posters! It just makes for thicker skin around here, that's all. lol
Yes! LOL (pondering how many pounds thick skin adds to the scales? Thank goodness...I thought I was just getting fat!)

Because Brad didn't seem to contest having the children removed, I get an impression they really aren't that important to him. That says a lot, imo.

The grandparents said that they weren't doing it out of malice. I think that when they saw him, or talked to him, even if they didn't think he killed their daughter, they realized that he was in no shape to care for his children.

Or, as you say, he may not even care.

That's 5 hours of training each day, except for the 1 hour on Sunday.

How does anyone work a full-time job, train, and still have time for his or her family?

Further, it seems to me that since Brad was in training and still had 5 hours of work to do that Saturday, that he would have been very concerned about Nancy not being home by 2:51, when Mrs. Adam called the police.

Respectfully,
RC

Ironman training is beyond time consuming and it takes a lot of family support and understanding. The typical week of training in my family is this when preparing for a race:

monday~ morning run of 45 minutes followed by a 30 minute interval training on the fluid trainer

still on monday....at lunch swim laps for an hour. Ride bike to the pool and back to work...

still on monday.... eat dinner...(fast!)... gear up for two hour road ride followed by a 30 minute jog

It's really unusual and sad to have so many cases here in the news in such a short period of time. It used to be Florida!

Still is. There's another little girl missing, and her mother didn't even report it until she was forced to.

Greta's on, Cooper case up next after commercial.

Maybe Nancy's family was smart enough to quickly hire the best firm in town so that Brad could not use that firm.

Susan

I was thinking that he might of retained counsel before they did but of course we don't know that.
I'd sure like to know who Nancy retained in March. It would make sense that her family would continue with the same firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith