TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328056
article on why AA not issued...

so... why don't they put out a missing and endangered child alert??????!

Just like someone did the funding and organizing for the Amber Alerts, this is probably an area that needs a project. Public education on how kids of this age are some of the most vulnerable because in the absence of clear evidence of abduction or violence precious time can lapse during the "she will be back, she is that age".

Of course LE has to manage resources and a lot of that is based on stats, which support many of them show up in a day on their own. But the public could organize something like the amber alerts that is based on social networking, and media contacts.

i live in colorado city it was really warm that monday the 27th. It was in the 60s. It got colder in the evening. It has been down in the teens some nights since then. Imo she would need more than a tshirt and flipflops to to be warm.

Hello! Glad you are here!:seeya:

I would really like to know what the BF's work schedule was last Monday and if it was a "normal" day for him.

Hollye. back in post 552 shows 3 people standing together. middle one with coat and hood is the sd ? or dad.

In the pic i made ref too, thats not a culvert, its the trampolene, but another picture shows a fence on the left hand side. in post 577.

I brought over the pics. It is (from left to right) an unknown woman, Hailey's father and, I assume, Hailey's father's girlfriend and the baby.

Here are some photos of the immediate adults in Hailey's life...

Hailey's mother, B Ostrander, and mother's boyfriend, S Adkins
BOstrandersSAdkins.jpg

Hailey's father, C Dunn, and mother, B Ostrander
CDunnBOstrander.jpg

Unknown woman, Hailey's father, C Dunn, & presumably, father's girlfriend and infant daughter
CDunnFamily.jpg

Yes, there is a section of fence running along the front side of the house. I think maybe just to keep some of the privacey from the traffic on Chestnut, as I think that is a fairly major cut through.

I have questions about what she was last seen wearing:

She was last seen leaving her home on December 27, 2010. Hailey was last seen wearing, navy blue sweatpants, a short sleeve light colored t-shirt, flip flops
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1162770&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

flip flops and a t-shirt to walk five blocks to a friend's house???? In December???

I further wonder if the clothing description was provided by the boyfriend... as it has been reported that the mother was working a 12 hour day shift at the hospital. ((I would guess that Hailey was not up at that time of the morning... most 12 hour shifts go from 7am-7pm))... Did the brother see her that morning before he left? What time did the brother leave?

I checked the local weather as well for the area and it seems that the highs can be anywhere from the high forties to the low sixties... anyone know the weather for the day she went missing??? I am not buying the boyfriend's story that she went walking five blocks to a sleep over wearing only a tshirt, sweatpants, and flip flops.

MOO.

eta: I further note that the exact description of the earrings she was wearing was in the NCMEC flier. Red hoops. Don't ask me why because it is just a gut feeling I am having right now... but that skeeved me out.

We live in Virginia and I can tell you that while it is not my preference, my stepdaughter wears flip flops year round. I hate that she does so becuase sometimes when she comes to our house and we want to go somewhere we have to find her a pair of appropriate shoes. So maybe Hailey preferred to wear flip flops. My SIL's kids, who live in TX, would run barefoot year round if you let them.

[/B]

I think we have a BINGO! If you were his girlfriend and if he flunked, would go around telling people, or would you keep it a secret?

I certainly wouldn't be doing an interview with him if he flunked a poly and my child was missing.

Was the clothing maybe noticed by the neighbor who saw her outside on the phone during the noon hour?

bbm and ITA and also add that he was the last to see her.... he is ground zero.

I also always keep Amber Dubois' step father in mind as he was innocent and considered a suspect for so very long. Bottom line is to keep all options open but also do not forget that "ground zero" either...

It is a tough line to walk.

Very fine line to walk beemer - I have so many picket marks on my ar3e on these cases because of not trying to judge one way or the other (keep sitting on that white picket fence). I do want the bf to clear a poly though. I don't think BO would have done the interview with bf if she knew he didn't pass the poly - maybe he hasn't had one done yet. Still on the fence but LE and Rangers need to start with the immediate and work out from there - hopefully they are doing this.

I noticed something that I wanted to put out there.

Let me be very clear first.

I do not think that Hailey's mother Billie had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, whatsoever

I have noticed on Nancy especially, that she is saying things like:

"It wasn't rare for Hailey to walk a short distance during daylight."

"She wasn't allowed out after dark especially to walk..."

"No, she didn't have her own cell phone..."

The things like "she didn't take anything with her..." make sense. That was a one time event so it is past tense.

On the others I would say:

"It isn't rare for Hailey to walk a short distance..."

"She isn't allowed out after dark..."

"She doesn't have her own cell phone..."

Because those are not past tense if Hailey comes home safely, they will all still apply.

Again, I do NOT think this means that Billie has any guilty knowledge of her daughter's disappearance. There are other times when she uses present tense... "She's a wonderful girl. She has a little attitude sometimes, but not a bad kid."

What I am wondering is if she has a mother's intuition that is showing through without her intending for it to.

Many mothers say they knew immediately their child was gone, they could feel it. I wonder if Billie feels that way but is struggling to remain in denial until there is proof. The denial may be what is keeping her going, clinging to the hope that her intuition is wrong and Hailey will come home. But every once in a while she slips into the past tense because deep down it's what she believes... because she knows her daughter.

I see more than just exhausted in Billie's eyes and it breaks my heart. I do wonder what she believes deep down.

I'm probably just over analyzing... but I thought I'd put it out there before the past tense got brought up.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/2011/01/hailey-dunn-case-now-missing-persons.html

Do we know the story with the alleged phone call yet? LE must know if it happened and who she spoke with. Unless they can't figure out whose phone she used?

Do we know the story with the alleged phone call yet? LE must know if it happened and who she spoke with. Unless they can't figure out whose phone she used?

I don't think we know yet. I wonder if there is any chance that instead of talking on the phone, as the neighbor may have assumed, that she was playing with her ipod touch.

Is it just me, or did SA's MS just go private? Dang, I was hoping to get his dob/place of birth, etc. Anyone catch it? TIA.

Nancy Grace brought that type of question up in her interview with Hailey's mom last night. She asked when was the last time anybody other than the bf saw Hailey. The last person other than the bf to see Hailey was the next door neighbor at noon. So there were 3 hours between then and when the bf said he arrived at the house at 3 pm and saw Hailey there.

I did see the interview and I did hear that, but what about the Mom, Dad, or brother, not a third party?
Also, if her friend didn't talk to her on Monday, how long had it been since she had talked to her? Did anyone actually see or talk to her in person or by phone on the 26th?

Is it just me, or did SA's MS just go private? Dang, I was hoping to get his dob/place of birth, etc. Anyone catch it? TIA.

I think it could only be read with an I-phone, was always private?

Hi, I'm new to this site. I just learned about this case last night on NG and as a mom myself, I am very concerned for this little girl. It really bothers me that police may not have been actively searching for her for almost a week because they assumed she ran away. She's 13!!!! Since when do we not actively search for minor children regardless of why they may be missing?

I still have access. Probably increased traffic.

Hi, I'm new to this site. I just learned about this case last night on NG and as a mom myself, I am very concerned for this little girl. It really bothers me that police may not have been actively searching for her for almost a week because they assumed she ran away. She's 13!!!! Since when do we not actively search for minor children regardless of why they may be missing?

Welcome, liltexans! And we are so glad that NG's show reached more people! Thank you for joining us.

just food for thought... but the NCMEC poster says flip flops...

flier here says pink and white tennis shoes.. and also says she was last seen at one pm while other articles say three! http://www.findhaileydunn.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=4

((insert spinning head smilie))

This is what I got confused on too. I'm guessing mom could probably tell which it was. She would probably know more that BF on which shoes were missing. Unless she had tons. (I'm mobile so excuse errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member