FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me this something new... the location of the phone at the bridge

It looks like someone was throwing it from a passenger side window....
Does this answer any of our questions...

Im a leftie and it would be harder for me to do...

Maybe we could try a couple tests?

Test One - The Current test
We should note the direction of current on the river and just throw off simulated phones (a close likeness in shape, weight, and material), and see how far it might travel before floating to the bottom and staying put.

While you are there, measure the height of the wall (you could just see where the wall hits you), the width of it (use your phone simulators to determine that), and make a note of it for test 2.

Test Two - The angle to the dangle
Prop a 2x?, measuring the same width as the measurement you noted while at the bridge, onto 2 supports measuring the same height that you also noted while there. A vacant parking lot might work for this, for example.

Put sand on the simulated water side to a little past the maximum distance you discovered would be required to get the phone to rest where it was found.

Again, using a similarly weighted object of a similar shape, see how hard or easy it would be to throw from a truck when it has stopped, when it is moving, from the drives side, and the passengers side and from coming and going in each direction.

You could do each several times and find which gave you the most consistent results.

Perhaps we will find the current had no baring, or perhaps we will find it had a LOT of baring on where our objects end up.

Maybe it would help us learn the velocity (or lack of it) needed to reach its final resting place.

Maybe we will learn it would have had to be tossed as far as one could possibly throw it (which couldn't be done from a moving vehicle cuz your throwing distance is restricted).

Maybe we would find that for the object to get there, the phone never entered the water from the bridge at all, but some distance FROM it.

Or maybe we would find that the object would simply sink pretty much where it entered.

We might be able to narrow down where it was required for someone to be to get it where it was.

We would find that the projectory of angle from a vehicle could not be achieved, thusly deducting that someone would have had to have gotten out of a vehicle, or been on bike or foot when they got rid of it.

Another thought here is, depending on what it would take to get it where it was, it might also help tell us who threw it.
Someone who had no resentment against michelle but was trying to help dale.
Someone who was desperate for help.
Someone who was really pissed off.
Or even just someone who couldnt really throw well from old age or a shoulder injury.

It is my guess you wouldnt really want it to be found in an area where people are likely to see it at some point as they walk across the bridge. Most people are likely to look over that away or pause for a look when crossing a bridge. Also, IIRC, that side of the bridge is indeed the side with the sidewalk, isn't it?

Could someone who knows post a photo of that corner and a description of the road/sidewalk/wall/road width, etc... layout there and the direction of current and so forth? Or even take on this entire expirement?

What do you think? I'm right handed but I drive and eat with my left hand. It looks like he "might" be left handed. jmo

I would say the phone would be in his dominant hand, and the wheel in his other. JMO

I would say the phone would be in his dominant hand, and the wheel in his other. JMO

I guess I don't know how to copy multiple quotes. :(

I'm right handed but always hold my phone in my left hand & use my right hand to press buttons, use touch screen, etc.

I use my right hand to open doors.

Im looking at some video to see... He carried a book in his left to court but then used his right hand to open the courthouse door....

It looked like he was textiing or answering the phone with his left...

Ill report back if I find out...

If he is a leftie then he could have easily thrown the phone from the drivers window on his way home if the coast was clear to do so.

Im still checking on it.

Just to make things a little more confusing (sorry). My ex was a righty and he had no trouble at all throwing empty coke or beer cans (that's why he's ex) out of his driving side window up and over the top of the car and into the ditch on the passenger side of the car. Yes, cans were heavier in the 70's and I can tell you in my feeble memory, they weighed nearly as much as my i-phone. Just saying whoever dumped the cell phone in the lake could have been leftie, rightie, going east or going west. It would all depend on how much strength they had in that arm I guess.

Finally caught up and checking in...

All you sleuthers AMAZE me! Y'all bring ideas up that I haven't even thought about and I thank you all for your posts. Unfortunately, i don't contribute much but I'm usually here reading and always thinking about Michelle.

I pray every day that something will break and reveal Michelle's whereabouts. It scares me that LE hasn't released any new info in so long. I long for Michelle's family and friends to have answers. My heart breaks for them!

Carry on... y'all all rock!!!!

OK is Dale left or right handed? I found this photo

Which hand did he use to knock that cameraman down, on his way into the courthouse? I'm not sure where to find that video.

Two people would be the easiest...so then they would be coming back from the direction of the condo....maybe dropping off Dad before returning home .

All this running around....wonder if he had to buy fuel...bet he used cash if he did....

It might not create a paper trail, but it could produce a video one...

Just to make things a little more confusing (sorry). My ex was a righty and he had no trouble at all throwing empty coke or beer cans (that's why he's ex) out of his driving side window up and over the top of the car and into the ditch on the passenger side of the car. Yes, cans were heavier in the 70's and I can tell you in my feeble memory, they weighed nearly as much as my i-phone. Just saying whoever dumped the cell phone in the lake could have been leftie, rightie, going east or going west. It would all depend on how much strength they had in that arm I guess.
I agree in part. I'm a righty and think I could toss a cell phone over the top w/my left or out the pass side with my right, like a frisbee. Not sure about using either hand, to the left side of the bridge, unless I veered over into that oncoming lane.

We should note the direction of current on the river and just throw off simulated phones (a close likeness in shape, weight, and material), and see how far it might travel before floating to the bottom and staying put.

While you are there, measure the height of the wall (you could just see where the wall hits you), the width of it (use your phone simulators to determine that), and make a note of it for test 2.

Prop a 2x?, measuring the same width as the measurement you noted while at the bridge, onto 2 supports measuring the same height that you also noted while there. A vacant parking lot might work for this, for example.

Put sand on the simulated water side to a little past the maximum distance you discovered would be required to get the phone to rest where it was found.

Again, using a similarly weighted object of a similar shape, see how hard or easy it would be to throw from a truck when it has stopped, when it is moving, from the drives side, and the passengers side and from coming and going in each direction.

You could do each several times and find which gave you the most consistent results.

Perhaps we will find the current had no baring, or perhaps we will find it had a LOT of baring on where our objects end up.

Maybe it would help us learn the velocity (or lack of it) needed to reach its final resting place.

Maybe we will learn it would have had to be tossed as far as one could possibly throw it (which couldn't be done from a moving vehicle cuz your throwing distance is restricted).

Maybe we would find that for the object to get there, the phone never entered the water from the bridge at all, but some distance FROM it.

Or maybe we would find that the object would simply sink pretty much where it entered.

We might be able to narrow down where it was required for someone to be to get it where it was.

We would find that the projectory of angle from a vehicle could not be achieved, thusly deducting that someone would have had to have gotten out of a vehicle, or been on bike or foot when they got rid of it.

Another thought here is, depending on what it would take to get it where it was, it might also help tell us who threw it.
Or even just someone who couldnt really throw well from old age or a shoulder injury.

It is my guess you wouldnt really want it to be found in an area where people are likely to see it at some point as they walk across the bridge. Most people are likely to look over that away or pause for a look when crossing a bridge. Also, IIRC, that side of the bridge is indeed the side with the sidewalk, isn't it?

Could someone who knows post a photo of that corner and a description of the road/sidewalk/wall/road width, etc... layout there and the direction of current and so forth? Or even take on this entire expirement?

Add throwing it over the roof towards the passengers side, and lefties and righties, males and females, frizbee toss... I bet you could get enough people matching this group together for this. Have a pizza n beer party afterwards and discuss your findings and make a good time of it. It'd be for a good cause, and all proceeds (findings) could be donated to the cause of cracking this case!

You know, I was just thinking, they ought to set this experiment up at jessie black's and everybody pay a dollar to participate each time they go through the obstacle course...

They wouldnt have to tell anybody exactly where the phone was found so the participants wouldn't know where to TRY to make it land, and the family could do the recording of results at each area of the obstacle course!

I'm just thinkin, D's into star wars, they've had a hair wars, why NOT a PHONE Wars?

Is there any videos or pics of Jr. having his phone clipped to his belt (waist band or pants)... if so is the phone on the left or right side? I am left handed and I clip my phone to the left side while my hubby, mom, and brother are all right handed and they clip theirs to the right side. Of course just because its clipped on the left doesnt mean he is a leftie so its just my 2 cents worth ;)

For me this something new... the location of the phone at the bridge

It looks like someone was throwing it from a passenger side window....
Does this answer any of our questions...

Im a leftie and it would be harder for me to do...

New information! Woah!

I was able to update question #78 with that info. We have the where and the when the cell was found, and we "just" need to know the how to mark that one verified.

There is a question, #79, about which side of the bridge the cell was found in order to determine the direction the vehicle was driving. Personally, I am thinking that is not answerable, because there are too many variables.

Re the bold. Arghhhh! :pullhair: I can't get the link to work in here from the Google map I pulled up. If you go to Google maps and type in Orlando, FL Nela Bridge it should bring you to that bridge. Zoom all the way in and choose street view... drag the little man icon to the middle of the bridge and you should see a nice picture of what that bridge looks like from the road and you should be able to manipulate the map to look in any direction you'd like. IMHO, that bridge is narrow enough for the phone to have been thrown from either side of the road and going either direction (provided the thrower was strong enough).

OK is Dale left or right handed? I found this photo

He is holding the phone in his left hand it looks like to me but I'm right handed and hold my phone in my left hand to leave my right hand. We need more pictures or better videos to see what hand he reaches for things with.

Which hand did he use to knock that cameraman down, on his way into the courthouse? I'm not sure where to find that video.

left shoulder jab....but the camera was to the left also.

Okay after going over multiple pictures of DSJr, he holds a gun with his right hand on the trigger, a guitar with his right hand to strum, his beer in either right or left hand or both at the same time and his Captain America shield in his left hand. :floorlaugh:

So I'm predicting he's a righty but I agree that it doesn't matter. Those IPhones are heavy. And they can be chucked out a window in many different ways and will travel some distance.

Do we have a screen cap of the bridge to see how much clearance someone would need to get it over the wall? Probably would be pretty easy in a large pickup, a Hummer or an SUV (black or silver ;))

MOO

Add throwing it over the roof towards the passengers side, and lefties and righties, males and females, frizbee toss... I bet you could get enough people matching this group together for this. Have a pizza n beer party afterwards and discuss your findings and make a good time of it. It'd be for a good cause, and all proceeds (findings) could be donated to the cause of cracking this case!

You know, I was just thinking, they ought to set this experiment up at jessie black's and everybody pay a dollar to participate each time they go through the obstacle course...

They wouldnt have to tell anybody exactly where the phone was found so the participants wouldn't know where to TRY to make it land, and the family could do the recording of results at each area of the obstacle course!

I'm just thinkin, D's into star wars, they've had a hair wars, why NOT a PHONE Wars?

Okay, so then I was just thinkin', people could bring their old phones in that they no longer want, and use them as part of the experiment, and then the phones would be collected for donations to like the woman's battered shelter, and the ones that were no longer any good, would be recycled properly, kinda thing!

I never knew what to call those receiver things
example; if I was driving around in a big circle around a tower then I would be pinging from different cellids showing direction from that tower...like when I was east of that tower the east cellid would register then the west one etc.

Am I thinking correctly on how the cellids work?

Yes Kind of the orientation sometimes varies and sometimes there is a bit of lag when crossing over a line

Attachments

• TowerExample.png
    TowerExample.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Okay after seeing this bridge, the phone could have been thrown any which way with any hand by driver or passenger. There is no way to tell even what direction the vehicle was travelling IMO.

abpgu1.png

Phone was found to the right of the bridge looking at this picture.

MOO

Thanks for asking that, Butterfingers. From reading the post that Sparky sited, I'm figuring that a cell phone pings:

• when you make a call or text from it,
  • when a call or text is sent to it, and
  • intermittently while the phone is on, whether or not messages are sent or received

If I'm mistaken, hope someone will let me know.

Just to illustrate exactly the extent of my anal retention, I want to express how frustrated I feel to have said "sited" (see the bolded word above) when I know I should have said "cited." Aaaargh! Okay, I'm over it now. Don't worry, no head explosion will occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member