a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Ladies, I sent it onto Facebook, after getting permission, but, my understanding was it wasn't the photo, BUT the story AZcentral did. It was a video, never a photo. That's what JC was commenting about, the story on Juan being asked to sign autographs.

At least, that's what I got from it watching court. I don't see how anyone can complain about him signing autographs considering Wilmott signed one IN COURT for a Dr. Drew Juror. She was 17 years old and that TOO was on TV.
Wonder why that wasn't brought up? Plus, I've seen Johnny Cochran, F. L. Bailey and others give autographs and pics daily. Many gave interviews!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/13/ddhln.01.html

I noticed today Jodi keeps looking toward the Prosecution table just moving her eyes not her head. Then she writes something. She did it quite a bit. Wonder what she is writing.

Writing about her horrible day. Oh wait she only write positive things. So she must be trying to will things to happen. Writing positive thoughts hoping she will get off free for murdering TA.

I'm freaking out a little here. JC has inserted herself into this trial! Misconduct on JM's part? Are we looking at a mistrial?

Nurmi seems to call for a mistrial every week or so. MOO

What was Katie DDJ's impression of the jury today?

:D

She said she had "fognesia" after the wild accusations that started the day off. She didn't comment on the jury today at all on Dr. Drew's show.

She said she had "fognesia" after the wild accusations that started the day off. She didn't comment on the jury today at all on Dr. Drew's show.

She did seem pretty rattled in her initial appearance. The whole thing is so silly!

She did seem pretty rattled in her initial appearance. The whole thing is so silly!

Yep. It's the sort of thing you do when you are absolutely sure you've lost your case: go for the mistrial.

After a day in the courtroom last week, followed by a fabulous happy hour with katiecoolady, PASA, katieDDJ, and many others, I am finally back here. YAY!

I will post my out-of-town first-timer closely-following-the-case observations (general observations of the courthouse, courtroom, lobby, etc.) later.

Also, I will gush about PASA and KCL, as that was the BEST part of my trip, BY FAR! Wonderful, beautiful, damn funny ladies, fo sho!

Aww thanks! I really enjoyed meeting you. Glad you could come to trial and HH with us.
Looking forward to reading about your experience. Hope you enjoyed your vacation and got some R&R. :)

I noticed today Jodi keeps looking toward the Prosecution table just moving her eyes not her head. Then she writes something. She did it quite a bit. Wonder what she is writing.

IMO she was drawing profile pictures of either JM or Det. Flores.

This may have been answered already, I am not totally caught up on my reading. When I was a juror, you were not allowed to keep your notebooks. They are identified only by your juror #, collected by the bailiff everynite and placed on your seat prior to the jury entering. Only allowed to take them into the deliberation room and at the end of the trial they are returned to the court.

They take them back to the jury room when they leave the courtroom.

What troubles me most is today - the defence took time in a courtroom to cast allegations against Juan Martinez and misconduct. I, like everyone else am extremely impressed with the job he does inside that courtroom as the only voice for Travis. Having said that, I became troubled when in other places including HLN some began referring to him as a 'rockstar'. The fact is this is not a concert, this is a trial to convict to the nth a violent, evil murderer. I would not want to jeopardize Juan in any way absolutely. The biggest problem I have with this whole fan adoration of Juan, is the end result - which is Jodi Arias as the defendant got to sit in when the Judge questioned each of the jurors after court was done for today. The part WE did not see. Which means, Arias was able to sit in a room making eye contact with each of the 12 jurors. All this during a period of time when a DV 'expert' is on the witness stand claiming what she did today. I'm not gonna cast stones at anyone, but I hope this was a learning curve for anyone of us, be it attending court or posting on the internet. I don't think Martinez needs this on his plate, even though he is fully competent and capable. Let's have the 'Juanfest' AFTER she is hopefully convicted. We can make assumptions on the jurors but NO ONE knows what is really going through their minds. That is what I fear the most, and today because of a bit of fan-fare, Arias was given the chance to make direct eye contact with those jurors.

I would love to know how much Nurmi and Wilmott are banking. I hope we find out one day.

They should send KY to the taxpayers in AZ.

My guess is the difference between the 800,000 and 1.4 mil.

I think we would all love for it to be the stun belt.

I just had a funny thought. With Nurni's body being so large and awkward, can you imagine what he looks like on the weekend in jeans? LOL He probably only wears sweats.

Nurmi in jeans?

What troubles me most is today - the defence took time in a courtroom to cast allegations against Juan Martinez and misconduct. I, like everyone else am extremely impressed with the job he does inside that courtroom as the only voice for Travis. Having said that, I became troubled when in other places including HLN some began referring to him as a 'rockstar'. The fact is this is not a concert, this is a trial to convict to the nth a violent, evil murderer. I would not want to jeopardize Juan in any way absolutely. The biggest problem I have with this whole fan adoration of Juan, is the end result - which is Jodi Arias as the defendant got to sit in when the Judge questioned each of the jurors after court was done for today. The part WE did not see. Which means, Arias was able to sit in a room making eye contact with each of the 12 jurors. All this during a period of time when a DV 'expert' is on the witness stand claiming what she did today. I'm not gonna cast stones at anyone, but I hope this was a learning curve for anyone of us, be it attending court or posting on the internet. I don't think Martinez needs this on his plate, even though he is fully competent and capable. Let's have the 'Juanfest' AFTER she is hopefully convicted. We can make assumptions on the jurors but NO ONE knows what is really going through their minds. That is what I fear the most, and today because of a bit of fan-fare, Arias was given the chance to make direct eye contact with those jurors.

:Welcome1:

Thank You kaRN, I've actually read here for a long long time, but everytime I'd try register it wouldn't take my email, thanks to Tricia she was able to get me registered in. So yes my first 'official' post LOL.

I am still kind of new here and I hope it's okay for me to post this in this thread, (I can't keep up with the other one).

Today was absolutely ridiculous. This DT has nothing they can use to try to spare their client except to manufacture these fables, ask for mistrials, complain that JA doesn't get this or that, or has migraines. This judge needs to get more control over this court room and these proceedings. This has become a big circus.
Juan is not new to these "rodeo's" done by the defense. It seems this is their favorite motion - prosecutorial misconduct. They claim he doesn't give them "information" (with holds it), Surprise attacks witnesses or this latest load of hooey - that he could "taint the jurors" by signing autographs or taking photos with fans. What a load of garbage. They have NOTHING to get their client out of this mess she got herself into so they are going to throw anything at the wall and hope that something sticks.
I don't believe that this jury, (or any rational sane person), will fall for their tactics and quite frankly, I actually do believe that this jury "gets" what really happened and that JA was NOT abused by TA and in fact TA was the one abused.
I know that the CA trial really shook everyone's faith in the justice system. But this isn't Florida and there is so much more evidence of how evil, cruel, maniplulative, and mean JA is and was to TA. There is no way that JM is going to do anything that would cause a mistrial. He's too smart for that. He's been around the block too long and he's fighting for Travis and his family.
The anger we feel needs to be directed where it belongs -- on the DT and JA. I don't think that Wilmott or Nurmi or their "experts" will have a career when this case is over. They have made themselves look like fools with the defense they went with. They are going to lose and their client is going to be found GUILTY and be sentenced to DEATH. I don't even think it's going to take the jurors long to consider her fate and do the right thing.
This 1.4 million that has lined the DT's pockets better last them... they are going to have a hard time practicing law in this state.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS and the ALEXANDER FAMILY.

This may be a little OT, but Beth Karas looks exceptionally gorgeous in navy blue today.:rocker:
I love her hair style since her trip to the Big Apple and yes, I agree with you on her color choices since her NY trip. Blue seems to be the color for her.

Looking at JA old pics versus today in that pale awful blouse:

She has come undone.

Any other person w pics like this I would not believe its the same. At all. Can't imagine how large her hands look in person w what she weighs now.

Loved the face she was giving, when the camera panned on her. She had the bring it on I got nothing to hide look going on.

Hi everyone!

Greetings from beautiful Sedona AZ!

Was so happy to see Katie today and hear her breakdown of the day today. When I asked her emotional reaction to what went down she said her first reaction was "bring it!". I just love her. She was concerned that Juan would be hurt in any way over this but she was NOT intimidated for even a second. She was ready to get on the stand and speak to that photo should she be called.

She was doing just fine which I was relieved to see. It was also good and funny in some ways to see her notes from today. ;)

I read her out loud many posts from here and there were lots of awwwwwssss.

The storms over the last 24 hrs seem to have subsided and we can all relax now. Talked to the lovely Tricia today and got some love...it was a basic lovefest all the way around. :)

Here's to a great holiday weekend y'all! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member