WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robb said Shantina was very picky about the van (given to them by his Mother). She would not even smoke in it. I read this somewhere, but can't find it now ....

Is the small cannister a Co2 cartridge like for a paintball gun?

Is that all they found in the van? Geez, what they would find in my car would cover that table & then some, lol.

Good questions, but I have no idea if either smoked or what that is.

A ways up, there was a post that a smoker handling scent items. If RS is a smoker, then maybe that's why dogs didn't hit on their scent?

Shantina's ex bf CBW who lives in Castle Rock and was charged with assaulting Az in 2005 - he last signed on myspace on 3/16/10 (3 days after Shantina disappeared) and his mood says accomplished.
http://www.myspace.com/426474509

I am posting this because some are thinking JS is the one who abused Az - when the protection order and case were against CBW.

Accomplished????

Just for the record....my personal feeling here is that this was a tragedy

I would hope and pray that all people who are caught in the horrible disease of
alcholism and addiction can get the help they so badly need...I hope that other kids
whose parents are in this horror get help, and help for their families

I can't judge or point fingers here...if she was diabetic and went into a coma and they drowned...or if she had a stroke and the car went into the water etc etc...this is a disease, tho sometimes hard to think of it as such

coulda woulda shoulda.....alcohol affects those who drink and those around them ...it is a family disease...those of us who have been affected by people who are alcoholics become just as sick as them ...and maybe even worse since we have little "release" like they seem to have....we just simmer and stew and get sicker

as a child of an alcoholic, having been around them all my life, having had guys who had this problem...my ex..etc.. I have to say "there but for the grace of God go I" in this tragedy

I have to also say that at some point in order to keep our own sanity and balance we do learn acceptance, forgiveness, and also learn that we can hate the disease itself yet still love the alcoholic (or their memory)

I feel so bad for this is a real tragedy and my heart goes out to this little boy and also to his sick and suffering mother. I don't think she planned this...I am only sorry that this whole family could not get the help they so badly needed

attachment.php

Thanks for the pic Jules71. I just wanted to get a better look at the pic. Do you have the link so I can add it to my post. Thanks

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22859850/detail.html

Why does it matter if they smoke? Maybe they use it on camping trips or something like that.

Were you thinking she was into some kind of illegal activity just because there was a lighter in the car?

Shantina's ex bf CBW who lives in Castle Rock and was charged with assaulting Az in 2005 - he last signed on myspace on 3/16/10 (3 days after Shantina disappeared) and his mood says accomplished.
http://www.myspace.com/426474509

I am posting this because some are thinking JS is the one who abused Az - when the protection order and case were against CBW.
Thanks for this...'Accomplished' is an odd word for a mood.... Shantina's taste in men surprises me, considering how pretty and smart she was. But you cannot judge a book by its cover....

I don't smoke and my teeth are yellow. I believe it can be heredity - I have also heard a lot of antibiotics when you are younger can cause yellowing of the teeth (which I think is my case).

I see - and you responded by knocking down my observation why?

Why does it matter if they smoke? Maybe they use it on camping trips or something like that.

Were you thinking she was into some kind of illegal activity just because there was a lighter in the car?

I'm not sure why you are addressing my post, I didn't make any comments about smoking.

I'm not sure why you are addressing my post, I didn't make any comments about smoking.

Not directed at you. Sorry if it came out that way. I was trying to figure out the importance in a lighter.

Not directed at you. Sorry if it came out that way. I was trying to figure out the importance in a lighter.

Okay, no problem. I misunderstood. I don't see any importance of a lighter.fwiw

It looks like a tool... socket wrench / ratchet piece?

In fact... the more I look at it, I'm convinced that's what it is. I've seen one of those before (probably at Dad's and he could ID it in a heartbeat lol).

I thought the reports said that the incident where they found her passed out ?and CPS took Az away for a year was in 2007?

I don't recall exactly, but I don't think it said he was gone for a year just that he was returned the next year.

Robb said Shantina was very picky about the van (given to them by his Mother). She would not even smoke in it. I read this somewhere, but can't find it now ....

I hadn't read that info before, but just now I found the article you must be referencing.

It says in the article:
"He said he is sure Shantina would not have been drinking and driving. Not with Azriel and not with the van. She was so particular about the van, which was given to them by Simmons' mother, that she would go outside to smoke and never smoked in the van."

So, according to this, that does tell us she was a smoker.

In fact... the more I look at it, I'm convinced that's what it is. I've seen one of those before (probably at Dad's and he could ID it in a heartbeat lol).

Yes, it does have the general shape of a socket, but usually they are chromed steel. But it could be. I was leaning toward home-made pipe out of copper. It looked in the photo like maybe the edges were not cut flush. But that could just be a blur from zooming in 400%. It could also be a mace device like shown in an above post. But, trying to decide if it were paraphernalia was the only reason I would care if there was a lighter in the glove box.

I don't recall exactly, but I don't think it said he was gone for a year just that he was returned the next year.

After reading this I'm extremely confused how she could have had custody of Az in 2007 when she moved in with RS.

If the removal from custody occurred in the March 2007 timeframe and he was returned the next year - doesn't that mean they would not have had Az from the March timeframe until sometime in 2008.

Please correct me if my math is wrong.

It looks like a tool... socket wrench / ratchet piece?

Ok my grandson hoping will know what that is...BRB

In the mean time if already posted sorry, but heres the 911 call...

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-031610-audio-search,0,2743159.mp3file

Im so surprised LE did not say to RS come in and make a report if you don't find her. Instead he drives back to her Stepfathers and goes to sleep. WTH?
Sorry but when the caller gave the 911 dispatcher the plate number, where I work, it would have been a oh boy moment...We read out every half hour a missing person alarms, esp if a CHILD is involved...Very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla