Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
KATC says sources close to the Shunick's claim to not have been notified. I am assuming they talked to the people at the FMN HQ as usual- meaning the volunteers staffing Hq haven't been notified by the family. Maybe the family has been notified is taking it in together, without media & volunteers around. That's what I would do. All the networks except KATC say it's her. KLFY even aired Live at 5 from Evangeline Parish. Would they have some so without it absolutely being confirmed?

I imagine all the outlets have been told by various sources in LE that it is Mickey. I would imagine some of those sources' heads will roll too if it is determined who the leaks were. Some MSM I believe are sticking by their sources because they have been correct in the past. Others apparently will wait to hear the official confirmation once it is made by LE and I don't anticipate any confirmation until a positive ID is made and the family has been notified. All of that is assuming it is Mickey. JMHO

I imagine all the outlets have been told by various sources in LE that it is Mickey. I would imagine some of those sources' heads will roll too if it is determined who the leaks were. Some MSM I believe are sticking by their sources because they have been correct in the past. Others apparently will wait to hear the official confirmation once it is made by LE and I don't anticipate any confirmation until a positive ID is made and the family has been notified. All of that is assuming it is Mickey. JMHO

This is crazy...saying a man's body was found & that a search is on for Mickey...two different events?? WTH??

The original alert, from a verified local, said there was a confession.

If it is indeed true, I thank every one of you who joined in prayer that God would move...and Brandon Scott Lavergne would tell where she was. Either way, I am thanking the Lord that she will be returned to her family.
As I said earlier, this may be the first right thing BSL has ever done in his life.

The part that I would be shocked about if it is true that BSL confessed and led LE to Mickey is how early it happened. I would have thought BSL would have waited until the writing was on the wall that he was getting the DP before he tried to negotiate any kind of deal. I suppose with the disclosures made by the DA to his attorneys, he saw that writing sooner rather than later. I too would be shocked and disappointed if LE and the DA wasn't keeping the family abreast of such information.

This is crazy...saying a man's body was found & that a search is on for Mickey...two different events?? WTH??

I do think there are two different events but not 100% sure. Supposedly the man died of natural causes.

How about this;;;;BSL put MS in a grave with another already buried body...that body is a Man. MOO

Makes me angry if BL confessed and LE did not even tell the Shunicks that much...to warn them that they were going out looking based on his confession.

But we don't know that they don't know.

Approx how far is this cemetery from Church Point?
I mapped it online and think it is about 50 miles but am not certain.
And, is it in the direction of the hospital bsl went to on the 19th?

If it is indeed true, I thank every one of you who joined in prayer that God would move...and Brandon Scott Lavergne would tell where she was. Either way, I am thanking the Lord that she will be returned to her family.
As I said earlier, this may be the first right thing BSL has ever done in his life.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Boy, most of us sure pegged him wrong.....I would have never thought this would happen....UNLESS he got something he really wanted out of the deal. I guess that remains to be seen. Either way, the Shunick family can finally put their precious Mickey to rest, if this is, indeed, true.

Maybe Mickey's family was told earlier?
I sure hope so.

If he confessed, I hope he also confessed to Lisa's murder and saves the families the horror of a trial, and the state millions of tax dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member