Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom and Dr. Doogie (and anyone else who has an opinion on this),
do you think this could have anythign to do with where Brody came from? Or just quite a coincidence? My mind goes to wild senarios because the family name Eifee appears to have disappeared forever after that. Is George one of the teenage boys listed in the Eifee family in that census? Did something criminal happen to the family that George would have known about:waitasec: ? What does your gut say? Is this just a mere coincidence? It seems weird he chose that name, and it isn't found anywhere except there.

My gut tells me that Brody was a master at hiding his identity and at covering his tracks. I doubt that he would use any name based on his real identity, whether to craft an alias for himself or to align his "numerical significance" with Anna. My gut tells me that he would not chance disclosure of his true identity, if Eifee was, in fact, his real last name.

However, that being said, it's interesting that both of the sons listed on the census are of an age somewhat consistent with how old Brody appeared to be. Benjamin Eifee would have been born in 1902 and Herman Eifee in 1917. Brody could also have been an acquaintance of the Eifee family, I suppose.

I keep coming back to the fact that Margaret Kukoda called Brody by the name of Bobby. If she knew him from a very young age, that may have been his real first name or close to it. I hope that speaking to Margaret's remaining family members is still a viable option for us. I truly think that they are the last remaining hope to discovering any information about George Brody's true identity.

My gut tells me that Brody was a master at hiding his identity and at covering his tracks. I doubt that he would use any name based on his real identity, whether to craft an alias for himself or to align his "numerical significance" with Anna. My gut tells me that he would not chance disclosure of his true identity, if Eifee was, in fact, his real last name..

Good points! Thanks for replying :)

Did anyone besides GW see Brody's dead body? Does anyone know without a shadow of a doubt he actually died? Could he have faked his death possibly for a 2nd time? (I think he did several times actually) Some crazy stuff has surfaced while checking out my Russell and his cousin George from PA. Seems they had an uncle who faked his death when they would have been in their teens, he was later found and living like a King with a new family...weird, but probably just another strange coincident. My contact guy is trying to find out more on George & Russell. I sent him a couple pictures of Brody and he's going to dig through his piles of genealogy research to try and find pictures of them. I'll keep you updated.

Did anyone besides GW see Brody's dead body? Does anyone know without a shadow of a doubt he actually died? Could he have faked his death possibly for a 2nd time? (I think he did several times actually) Some crazy stuff has surfaced while checking out my Russell and his cousin George from PA. Seems they had an uncle who faked his death when they would have been in their teens, he was later found and living like a King with a new family...weird, but probably just another strange coincident. My contact guy is trying to find out more on George & Russell. I sent him a couple pictures of Brody and he's going to dig through his piles of genealogy research to try and find pictures of them. I'll keep you updated.
This is a good question. As far as I know, nobody but GW and the coroner (who didn't know what Brody looked like) actually saw his dead body. However, from the evidence that GW frantically tried all sorts of treatments for Brody's throat cancer, from the phone records just before and just after Brody's supposed death, and from the interviews with the hotel desk clerk (who assumed the illness and death were real and who offered no word that any other person went to GB and GW's rooms) it seems probable that he really did die and that GW filled out the death certificate. Also, remember that all those millions in insurance were accident policies which did not pay out, and that we found unclaimed money in what we're pretty sure was Brody's bank account.

This is a good question. As far as I know, nobody but GW and the coroner (who didn't know what Brody looked like) actually saw his dead body. However, from the evidence that GW frantically tried all sorts of treatments for Brody's throat cancer...

... Also, remember that all those millions in insurance were accident policies which did not pay out, and that we found unclaimed money in what we're pretty sure was Brody's bank account.

The safe deposit box is the clue here...I can't see him leaving it either, unless he thought he might be able to claim it later and didn't get the chance.

Also this leads me to another question. Did Brody smoke?

The safe deposit box is the clue here...I can't see him leaving it either, unless he thought he might be able to claim it later and didn't get the chance.

Also this leads me to another question. Did Brody smoke?
No, he didn't, but he did like expensive brandy.

Originally Posted by laini
The EIFEE name....There was a family with last name Eifee I found in the 1930 Federal Census MT (that's the abrev. for Montana, right?). I just wanted to mention it since the name Eifee given to Anna was thought to be a nonsense word that added up in Brody's mind. (correct me of I am wrong). Could George Brody have been from this Eifee family? Or had connections to them? Or just a wild coincidence.

http://www.us-census.org/pub-ftp/mt/...ed52-brief.txt
Good work laini,

For the last 6 months i worked that angle from the census, but to this date, I cannot find any family links that they stayed here, or that they had any offspring...it is possible, I just havent found any links yet...keep us posted if you can find something closer to living.

Oh I feel so bad you researched this for so long INH. The actual spelling of this name was not Eifee, but Erfle. I just renewed my subscription to Ancestry.com and thought I'd check this out. Unfortunately the handwriting of the 1930 census taker official was pretty poor. Ancestry had it spelled wrong as well, (Eifer). I ran a quick check of the first names & birth years listed and found them in the 1910 records. (They lived in North Dakota in 1910) That Handwriting was much eaiser to read. Here is a link to a MT cemetery with records for Louise, (Mom), John, (Dad), John Jr, Herman, and Bennie, (Benjamin) Erfle. http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/mt/stillwater/cemetery/rapelje.txt

I saved the original 1910 & 1930 census record to my computer. (Copy of microfilm) If anyone is interested in seeing them PM me & I'll e-mail them. I probably can't find them in the 1920 records because it appears they where moving from ND to MT during this time. They had a couple daughters before John Jr. was born who where in Stillwater co, MT in 1920 living as servants to other families.

Oh I feel so bad you researched this for so long INH. The actual spelling of this name was not Eifee, but Erfle. I just renewed my subscription to Ancestry.com and thought I'd check this out. Unfortunately the handwriting of the 1930 census taker official was pretty poor. Ancestry had it spelled wrong as well, (Eifer). I ran a quick check of the first names & birth years listed and found them in the 1910 records. (They lived in North Dakota in 1910) That Handwriting was much eaiser to read. Here is a link to a MT cemetery with records for the mom, dad, John Jr, and Herman, spelled the correct way.
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/mt/stillwater/cemetery/rapelje.txt

I saved the original 1910 & 1930 census record to my computer. If anyone is interested in seeing them PM me & I'll e-mail them. I probably can't find them in the 1920 records because it appears they where moving from ND to MT during this time. They had a couple daughters before John Jr. was born who where in Stillwater co, MT in 1920 living as servants to other families.

Thanks for checking that and letting us know. :)

Do you think it possible for Brody to claim he was a "Leo", because his real name was Leo? Is there a sample of his signature?

I may be way off base, but I have to ask this question and I hope that no one is offended. Is it possible that GW, to end Brody's suffering, helped him pass with a doctor assisted suicide?

I am in no way suggesting that Dr. Waters is a murder but after some very interesting conversation with a genealogical researcher, he informed me that the father and brother of someone I've been looking at as a possible Brody, committed suicide together to end their suffering from a chronic illness. The fathers name was Robert F. Brady, the bother was a George Robert Brady, b. 12-24-09 (Listed as Brody on the 1910 census). Leo is the surviving brother. (the possible Brody).
Here is a portion of response I received this afternoon. (on a genealogy message board)

I can only answer one of your several questions. According to their joint obit/funeral notice "Father and son committed suicide together as a means to end their suffering from an illness on March 25, 1936." That leaves us to speculate what that "illness" was. Send me an email with your email address and I will provide a transcription and one for Katherine Anna (Peters) Brady. The Bradys are shirt tail cousins in my wife's family but I have no photographs. At this point I don't have a clue when Leo Brady left...

BTW, the Russell, George cousin combo from PA are not a match. They where both very tall men with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Lee, the research genealogy guy found the linked picture of Robert & Katerine Brady in a pictorial book just a while ago. They would be the parents of the possible GB match. The mother looks a lot like the younger pic of GB IMO. Anyway I think with this link you can browse the entire album, which I started for Anna a while back to find stuff better. Feel free to check out any or all of the pictures. If there are any pictures someone would prefer I remove, please let me know and I'll do so ASAP.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/iNTERESTEDWOMAN/?action=view&current=BradyStories19782.jpg

Lee, the research genealogy guy found the linked picture of Robert & Katerine Brady in a pictorial book just a while ago. They would be the parents of the possible GB match. The mother looks a lot like the younger pic of GB IMO. Anyway I think with this link you can browse the entire album, which I started for Anna a while back to find stuff better. Feel free to check out any or all of the pictures. If there are any pictures someone would prefer I remove, please let me know and I'll do so ASAP.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/iNTERESTEDWOMAN/?action=view&current=BradyStories19782.jpg
The album is really good. Somehow I've missed the significance of the registration card for Michael George Jacob Brody, which interested me a lot in view of the physical resemblances to GB (5'5, blue eyes, etc.). There is a signature on one of the studio pictures of Brody. I have other examples of his handwriting, but not a signature including the last name.

do we still have contact with the kukoda family member? was a photo of brody sent to them? someone in this world has to know who brody was. annasmom did brody have an accent that you wouldnt find in california like he came from someplace other than california. maybe from another country?

do we still have contact with the kukoda family member? was a photo of brody sent to them?

I have not heard from the Kukoda's since our initial series of contacts. They did show the picture of Brody to Margaret's sister and she did not recognize him (either as "Russell" - the boyfriend of Margaret - or as anyone else.

The album is really good. Somehow I've missed the significance of the registration card for Michael George Jacob Brody, which interested me a lot in view of the physical resemblances to GB (5'5, blue eyes, etc.). There is a signature on one of the studio pictures of Brody. I have other examples of his handwriting, but not a signature including the last name.

I found that searching for any Brody's with an August 15th birthday. I think I dismissed him, because no one answered my question about any noticeable scars on GB's forehead, (So I assumed he had none) and the fact it said he was married and was much older than GB claimed to be.

That one younger picture of GB has a printing sample, but IIRC the printing on the registration card was done by the official taking the information...it was the same on several I looked at in that area of PA

do we still have contact with the kukoda family member? was a photo of brody sent to them? someone in this world has to know who brody was. annasmom did brody have an accent that you wouldnt find in california like he came from someplace other than california. maybe from another country?

I have sent out so many pictures of Brody over the last week it's almost on the edge of obsession. (okay...over the edge) Finally got one posted on deadfred's. I am in the process of sending the 2 portraits of GB to every Brody/Brady contact I can find on one world tree, Rootsweb etc. If he was actually a Brody/Brady then someone will have to recognize him! :cool:

I found that searching for any Brody's with an August 15th birthday. I think I dismissed him, because no one answered my question about any noticeable scars on GB's forehead, (So I assumed he had none) and the fact it said he was married and was much older than GB claimed to be.

Brody was much older than he claimed to be. He claimed a birth year of 1925 which would have made him around fifty years old at the time of the candid pictures of him that Joe Ford took. As you have probably seen from those pictures, there is no way that he could be only fifty. He also claimed in some of his medical paperwork toward the end of his life to have been born in 1935. Not a chance!

...I am in the process of sending the 2 portraits of GB to every Brody/Brady contact I can find on one world tree, Rootsweb etc. If he was actually a Brody/Brady then someone will have to recognize him! :cool:

Thanks for the great effort, IW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member