WTH Are Brad's Lawyers Up To Now???? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all just armchair amateurs/observers here and can only make certain assumptions based on our (limited) knowledge.

You show a real passion/interest in the pathology stuff...I think you should definitely talk to a M.E. where you can ask all these questions and more and actually get answers rather than one of our opinions.

Thanks SG, and good suggestions. Don't sell yourself (or others on the board) too short though! I think there's definitely a good knowledge base here, and I continue to appreciate all the insights and sharing.

But yeah, you're right, one has to take posts on WS for what they are... posts/opinions/etc on a web forum... no more, and no less, and I definitely do. :)

Good tip about trying to look into "looking over the shoulder" of the local ME sometime... that would no doubt be a trip.

Of course there are others who don't find it odd at all that he spent 4+ hrs cleaning that morning and are unable (or unwilling) to correlate it with the possibility of a crime scene cleanup.

On the surface, I find it very odd, and suspicious for sure. I just wonder if he may have able to do a good enough job to leave only forensics that would have "been there anyway" (since she lived there), leaving LE with basically nothing but a "suspicious, but not necessarily guilt-proving" cleaning binge.

Hmmm...I guess for me, if COD ends up being strangulation (with likely little change of associated forensics), it certainly would not reduce my odds of Theory A. OTOH, if gunshot, or multiple gunshots, it probably would somewhat. [ Wouldn't eliminate it of course, but just based on what I know... it would reduce it's likelihood somewhat, in my view ]

So, you're saying, regardless of COD, you can't imagine a scenario, where it would change view at all of the likely root cause? [ Fine if so... just asking ]

If you are asking if COD, regardless of what it is would make me suspect someone other than Brad - no, COD would not reduce my suspicion of Brad.

For me if COD was gunshot wound or vehicular homicide then yes, that would give me pause. BFT or strangulation or asphyxiation or some combo of the above? No it doesn't change things, IMHO.

On the surface, I find it very odd, and suspicious for sure. I just wonder if he may have able to do a good enough job to leave only forensics that would have "been there anyway" (since she lived there), leaving LE with basically nothing but a "suspicious, but not necessarily guilt-proving" cleaning binge.

I think the likelyhood of hair, if it turns out to be Nancy's, on the left front spoiler and in the right front wheel well of the 325 would be very hard to discount as anything other than being suspicious. Inside the boot of the car I could buy as possibly being meaningless. If luminol showed a blood stain the size of a nickel I could probably buy that as well, however I would not buy luminol revealing a spatter pattern or a large area of blood, even if it was Nancy's. The presence of evidence or lack of evidence must be put in perspective, not just bought as is. Relativity reigns.

For me if COD was gunshot wound or vehicular homicide then yes, that would give me pause. BFT or strangulation or asphyxiation or some combo of the above? No it doesn't change things, IMHO.

Likewise pretty much. That's why I think it would at least be of value to have it. May change nothing, but... OTOH, has the potential to change everything (or, as you say, at least give some of us pause...). Of course, even gunshot or vehicular homicide wouldn't exonerate him... but it might put a wrinkle in the mix for sure.

Oh well, seems we've still got some time to wait on that (at least another month, if the Wynn results are any indication of the recent turnaround times...)

I think the likelyhood of hair, if it turns out to be Nancy's, on the left front spoiler and in the right front wheel well of the 325 would be very hard to discount as anything other than being suspicious. Inside the boot of the car I could buy as possibly being meaningless. If luminol showed a blood stain the size of a nickel I could probably buy that as well, however I would not buy luminol revealing a spatter pattern or a large area of blood, even if it was Nancy's. The presence of evidence or lack of evidence must be put in perspective, not just bought as is. Relativity reigns.

Yeah, agree on all fronts. If the forensics were to (hypothetically) confirm hair under the wheel well that is hers, AND/OR there is indication of blood splatter in the house, where that blood is hers, then do you suppose this, along with the other CE, would normally be enough to at least bounce off of a GJ?

Oh well, seems we've still got some time to wait on that (at least another month, if the Wynn results are any indication of the recent turnaround times...)

I'm thinking you need to make a pilgrimage to the ME's office in Chapel Hill and refuse to leave or vacate the premises until the chief M.E. talks to you personally, shows you the full written autopsy plus his notes, explains each part of his procedure, and then promises to mark the autopsy as 'complete' and ready for release. That would encourage him, don't ya think? :crazy:

RC, you raise(in) excellent points. :wink: It's not just the results of the autopsy, it's results from various tests that were run (or are being run) on items of evidence seized as well as any findings from computer drives. It's the totality of the evidence that will allow a case to proceed forward by the DA (or not).

Yeah, agree on all fronts. If the forensics were to (hypothetically) confirm hair under the wheel well that is hers, AND/OR there is indication of blood splatter in the house, where that blood is hers, then do you suppose this, along with the other CE, would normally be enough to at least bounce off of a GJ?

Surely you have heard the old saying that a GJ could indict a ham sandwich ? The only truth is, no DA in their right mind would seek an indictment on that alone, they would need more before considering sending it to a GJ. But, the above may indeed be all that is necessary for a GJ.

I'm thinking you need to make a pilgrimage to the ME's office in Chapel Hill and refuse to leave or vacate the premises until the chief M.E. talks to you personally, shows you the full written autopsy plus his notes, explains each part of his procedure, and then promises to mark the autopsy as 'complete' and ready for release. That would encourage him, don't ya think? :crazy:

Hee hee... yeah, what's the worst that could happen... other than my to date unblemished reputation as a rationale websleuther might get a bit tainted... but hey... that would be a small price to pay. :) :crosseyed: :)

Surely you have heard the old saying that a GJ could indict a ham sandwich ?
And if that ham sandwich had melted brie on it? I proclaim it not only probable but GUILTY of whatever crime it's charged with, including, but not limited to, it's fabulous taste and outrageous calorie count! Yeah the DA is the real stopgap here, not the GJ.

Hee hee... yeah, what's the worst that could happen... other than my to date unblemished reputation as a rationale websleuther might get a bit tainted... but hey... that would be a small price to pay. :) :crosseyed: :)
We'd never have to know you went and they'd never have to know you post on this board.

We'd never have to know you went and they'd never have to know you post on this board.

When LE contacts Jump to find out why a review of the autopsy was done, I suspect Jump will tell it all ! :eek:

Teasing :)

Good point(s). I'm on it! :)

Actually, RC is probably right... I'd no doubt sing like a canary at the first sign of pressure. :)

June 8th - 3.5 months. Looks to me the ME's office has been extremely busy there in Chapel Hill. Seems to be quite a run on murder over the summer.
Indeed it has! But they have to autopsy not only homicides but any unexplained death and suicides. So even someone who suddenly collapsed and died while walking down the street would also get an autopsy, even if a heart attack was suspected. Lots of people die every day. Have you seen the numbers in places like the LA Coroner's office? Thousands per year!

When LE contacts Jump to find out why a review of the autopsy was done, I suspect Jump will tell it all ! :eek:

Teasing :)

"Concerned citizen, reviewing the M.E.'s work, practices, performing an audit, and just plain tired of waiting for the darn results." Yeah, they'll have no problem with it! :bang:

Indeed it has! But they have to autopsy not only homicides but any unexplained death and suicides. So even someone who suddenly collapsed and died while walking down the street would also get an autopsy, even if a heart attack was suspected. Lots of people die every day. Have you seen the numbers in places like the LA Coroner's office? Thousands per year!

I have to say I was very concerned to see Dr. Clarke's name on the Wynn autopsy. They should keep him off of murder cases, seeing as how he can't seem to cooperate and perform the tests LE has written down but makes his own determination as to if they should be done.

"Concerned citizen, reviewing the M.E.'s work, practices, performing an audit, and just plain tired of waiting for the darn results." Yeah, they'll have no problem with it! :bang:

They wouldn't let Jump in until the autopsy was released anyhow - unless Jump is a med student...

Has anything been heard about the hearing on Monday (22 Sept) about Brad having a mental evaluation ? I must have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member