LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Interesting. I had trouble reading some of your labels, though.

My opinions only, no facts here:

I tried to present the photo in its original quality, so this affects my text quality. If the image quality was greatly improved (which I am capable of), I may as well have added the Loch Ness Monster! Basically, there might be someone refueling their vehicle at the gas station who is wearing blue jeans (I detect a slight movement in this figure between the bicycle and truck images); there is a figure directly behind the back of the truck bed on the sidewalk that does not appear to be human. I reviewed this vehicle for model years going quite a ways back and overlaid the original image to represent my opinions. Do you think that this vehicle could be as recent as 2011?

:silenced:Wow, I just realized that the timing of the traffic signals may reveal something, They change their length depending upon whether a car has triggered the sensor.... If that's the perp truck in the shot of MS on Versailles, then the timing might be able to be figured out, using the car on University and whether it had a red or green, whether she stood next to that truck at the St. John/University light, and the perp got a good look at her... or whether she knew him and he offered her a ride, and they pulled into the LCG lot when the light changed to throw the bike in the back....

Would MS have run a red light? That's a question for her friends... but that area gets REAL quiet that time of night,,, So, if she runs the red, does the truck? But maybe it was about to turn green. More speculation. I wonder if the light timing can help at all?

Just more speculation, I know, but I hadn't speculated like that before....

But shoot - we don't have the video. There were likely several other cars. and LE is all over this.

But still--- if the truck headng west on St, Landry came from St. John

I tried to present the photo in its original quality, so this affects my text quality. If the image quality was greatly improved (which I am capable of), I may as well have added the Loch Ness Monster! Basically, there might be someone refueling their vehicle at the gas station who is wearing blue jeans (I detect a slight movement in this figure between the bicycle and truck images); there is a figure directly behind the back of the truck bed on the sidewalk that does not appear to be human. I reviewed this vehicle for model years going quite a ways back and overlaide original image to represent my opinions. Do you think that this vehicle could be as recent as 2011?
s

So what you are showing is an overlaid image or just enhanced? You can sure see a difference in the wheels now and it does not appear to have the Z71 on the side, just as in the truck going the other way. Can you do this to that picture also? I do think that it could be as new as 2011, especially if the 2 trucks are one in the same. (I keep going back and forth with my opinion on that...but your enhancement takes me back to them being the same)

This seems to show much more detail but still small as I'm on my phone. Was wondering what you mean by fantasy enhancement?

Any enhancement of photos beyond the original resolution is fantasy. It becomes the opinion and prejudices of the enhancer. The pixels in the original image are practically the size of dinner plates. The image is far too poor to simply "sharpen" or improve by "contrast" adjustments. The possible driver of the vehicle is represented by one or two pixels, in my judgment. At best, my version is like a fleeting memory of someone who glanced at the vehicle passing by.

It's right in front of us.

It has to be.

The thing that seems wrong to me is not to figure in that Mickey went a different way or went to meet someone.

I would not be totally surprised if she were a mile or less from where she went missing, just because we've been looking so hard everywhere else. Just saw the warnings about the rumors and never saw the posts. But one angle we really haven't considered is that maybe she hasn't gone far. No way to know, yet.

Chicken, since the pace of the thread has slowed down, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work and for introducing me to the term "Cajun Net," haha.

Also, I just went on Facebook and got my first experience with the tenor of the local conversation surrounding RM. Wow. Whole families are drawing lines in the sand. If people's threats became reality, there'd be thirty brawls in the center of time still going on from the time that BIA article came out.

Any enhancement of photos beyond the original resolution is fantasy. It becomes the opinion and prejudices of the enhancer. The pixels in the original image are practically the size of dinner plates. The image is far too poor to simply "sharpen" or improve by "contrast" adjustments. The possible driver of the vehicle is represented by one or two pixels, in my judgment. At best, my version is like a fleeting memory of someone who glanced at the vehicle passing by.

Well awesome work!

I have never uploaded an image to Websleuths before. What I did was take the seminal image of the white truck and fiddle with it in my inim-im-im-itable fashion (think Looney Tunes) to show one hypothesis of what the truck might look like with very slightly better resolution.

I do not mean to be flippant about this important case, only flippant about the chances that I got this enhancement right!

I can't read the blue over the dark areas - even with a magnifying glass. Great job on quieting down the light blur/reflection though!

Ok now I'm def not studying ... I've been waiting to hear what u had chicken fried I missed the guard stuff but I've heard all the hype about it!!! Are you able to tell us yet?!?

s

So what you are showing is an overlaid image or just enhanced? You can sure see a difference in the wheels now and it does not appear to have the Z71 on the side, just as in the truck going the other way. Can you do this to that picture also? I do think that it could be as new as 2011, especially if the 2 trucks are one in the same. (I keep going back and forth with my opinion on that...but your enhancement takes me back to them being the same)

My image is BOTH enhanced and overlain. But none of the improvements in the image (except for shifting the out-of-alignment pixels) can be attributed to enhancement. This is a visual depiction of my personal opinions regarding what the image is showing. I looked at model years going quite a ways back to produce my fantasy depiction. I believe this IS the Chevy model as reported by the authorities, but maybe a fairly late model.

I have only briefly glanced at the pic of the white truck passing in the other direction. Let me examine it and see what I can do.

I only follow this case tangentially, for my own reasons. But it has the feel of a smash-and-grab. That is to say- where the criminal purposefully hits the bicycle victim with their vehicle to disable and capture them.

I have had a number of people deliberately try to run me over on my bicycle over the years. The motives varied, but other than crashing into a power pole, I have escaped without many bruises.

In the white truck going the same direction as Mickey, what is that dark vertical streak on the front door? Artifact?

I would not be totally surprised if she were a mile or less from where she went missing, just because we've been looking so hard everywhere else. Just saw the warnings about the rumors and never saw the posts. But one angle we really haven't considered is that maybe she hasn't gone far. No way to know, yet.

When I very first came to these threads and started reading. I went on google earth street view and cruised where I thought Mickey would go if she thought she was being followed and wanted to lose smeone or got spooked into turning back. I ended up taking the first right I could, and at the time didn't know streets etc. It led me back across a drainage ditch? Coulee? Is that what you call them there? I said to myself, "not good!"

In the white truck going the same direction as Mickey, what is that dark vertical streak on the front door? Artifact?

Shadow from the 'bump' sign? Is that what that sign says? I am guessing?

Chicken, since the pace of the thread has slowed down, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work and for introducing me to the term "Cajun Net," haha.

Also, I just went on Facebook and got my first experience with the tenor of the local conversation surrounding RM. Wow. Whole families are drawing lines in the sand. If people's threats became reality, there'd be thirty brawls in the center of time still going on from the time that BIA article came out.

Thanks! I wish it could have been better, but hope it can be useful. More coming - ....

Yeah, I figured it would start up on Facebook, especially in a drama town like Breaux Bridge.

I seriously, no joke, think that Facebook is not only going to cause World War IV; the war is going to be declared on Facebook as well, so that those few of us left not assimilated will be scratching our heads looking around wondering why everyone's tearing each other's eyeballs out.

When I very first came to these threads and started reading. I went on google earth street view and cruised where I thought Mickey would go if she thought she was being followed and wanted to lose smeone or got spooked into turning back. I ended up taking the first right I could, and at the time didn't know streets etc. It led me back across a drainage ditch? Coulee? Is that what you call them there? I said to myself, "not good!"

This brings to mind something I've sort of been pondering ...

What if the perp, in a vehicle (white truck or no), instead of bumping Mickey's bike or something similar, managed to chase/corral her into an area where she could not proceed on her bike? (Don't know what that area might be -- some of you local sleuths might have some ideas.) A tiny parking lot or something, with hedges or walls around, with one entrance/exit -- something like that. So she has to abandon her bike and try to get away on foot -- but he (or an accomplice) quickly jumps out and grabs her.

Chicken Fried, camera 3 area also has a camera that points a little bit down Azalia St. Are the cameras in the back lot of LCG active? If so they would pick up if she went into the lot. That back area is where they keep the pool vehicles.

Back in that corner at the end of Azelia that runs in to Phyllis and where Parkside intersects is really dark at night. There is a coulee back in there. On Phyllis (Azelia runs in to Phyllis going straight back from LCG) there appears to be the backside of apartment buildings. Did you notice if they have cameras? They are between LCG and MC. Thanks!

:silenced:Wow, I just realized that the timing of the traffic signals may reveal something, They change their length depending upon whether a car has triggered the sensor.... If that's the perp truck in the shot of MS on Versailles, then the timing might be able to be figured out, using the car on University and whether it had a red or green, whether she stood next to that truck at the St. John/University light, and the perp got a good look at her... or whether she knew him and he offered her a ride, and they pulled into the LCG lot when the light changed to throw the bike in the back....

Would MS have run a red light? That's a question for her friends... but that area gets REAL quiet that time of night,,, So, if she runs the red, does the truck? But maybe it was about to turn green. More speculation. I wonder if the light timing can help at all?

Just more speculation, I know, but I hadn't speculated like that before....

But shoot - we don't have the video. There were likely several other cars. and LE is all over this.

But still--- if the truck headng west on St, Landry came from St. John

bbm: cf, I have no idea where in the threads it was or if it was MSM at a link -- but I seem to recall some comment about MS appearing to be proceeding on red in her direction ...? Anybody else recall that?

Gosh, if I run across that again, I will let you know.

I'm right there with you. I've gone to bed three times. I finally decided it wasn't fair to my wife, who has to be up at 7, to keep getting in and out of bed. I've started to think through angles I haven't seen anyone else talk about, like her college professors or her father being the perp. Thinking through if it's this person or that, what I would say to them. I didn't even know Mickey, but this case is haunting me.

bbm: In trying to keep an open mind of all possibilities I've even thought of an accident with dad possibly in a hurry to leave for work and MS hurrying up the driveway. However at some point on down the road from where she was last seen she would have been caught on camera and this scenerio would not have been covered up. This came to mind only because of timing not because of anything done or said by family or anyone else.
Also, thought about an abduction, then held for money. Charlie mentioned in an interview with 107.9 radio something along the lines of if its money you want, we have\can get lots of it... just let my sister come home. Maybe it was just hopeful thinking that this would be the best case scenerio. Meaning no harm to Mickey.

Just thinking outside the box I put this out there hoping to spark something with you guys. Something with more reasoning as to why this beautiful girl has vanished. Too soon to accept the absolute worst! KTF

I only follow this case tangentially, for my own reasons. But it has the feel of a smash-and-grab. That is to say- where the criminal purposefully hits the bicycle victim with their vehicle to disable and capture them.

I have had a number of people deliberately try to run me over on my bicycle over the years. The motives varied, but other than crashing into a power pole, I have escaped without many bruises.

What?! You make this sound common. I have never heard of anyone talk about "smash and grab". Are you saying the people have tried to hit you to kidnap you or rob you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado