LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a little image wizardry, and what you're seeing is the front end of a vehicle reverse-parked into its spot.

To be fair, I thought I saw a bicyclist initially, as well.

I agree. Convincing illusion, though. Especially when you WANT (NEED) to find her.

You could be right. Someone I'm friends with on Facebook made that exact comment, and added that people only care because MS is white. (The OP was not white.)

It's not a missing white girl, it's a missing person. As long as we have mindsets like that, we will always have issues.

La

I'm just trying to work a window of time from when Mickey went poof! to when she was unreachable, out of contact.

I thought about the theory that Mickey made it home and then left early in the morning to check on the horses....that the time-frame could be wrong. However, after I thought about it more, I don't think it's likely. If this were the case, I imagine her family would've likely find the clothing she was wearing the night before at home unless she wore the same clothes out the next morning. Also, her cell phone would have likely been turned on at some point and then shut off again after her disappearance. I believe the police said it's been shut off since she received the last text message or talked to the friend briefly...around the time she was at BW's or just left.

No, I get you but chicken said she knew the route beyond what she could see - St Landrey > St Juilien > Johnston > Cajundome. If she knew this, who else did?

I worked at OLOL hospital prior to it moving to a new location, and I can assure you the guards were not out in front of the hospital talking to bikers as they went by. I still drive by frequently and never see any security guard standing outside of the building.

MOD WARNING:

Drop the discussion about the link that was removed and the darknet/dark alley references now!!

Knock it off!

Hi y'all. I'm new-ish. I've been one of the many guests since around the time the pictures of the DWTIQ came out. I grew up in Lafayette, went to UL, hung out at Artmosphere, etc., so (as it does for many) this case hits close to home.

I doubt I'll have much to add to the conversation, but I do believe that MS was headed straight home. I'm also *extremely* frustrated with the lack of evidence in this case but am holding out hope that MS will be found safe soon.

Y'all are doing great work here. Keep it up!!!

I know you're not asking me but I am not convinced that is a truck seen on the edge of the olds on st Landry. I've seen nothing to convince me it's a truck. In fact, to me it more closely resembles the clown car from a few threads ago.

Megsy, we are so on the same wavelength on everything discussed so far, especially this! I am getting frustrated that some are speaking of the blob that you can't clearly define as a truck in the olds pic as a truck and it really irritates me. This is how things get muddled here - someone just coming in could mistake this as fact that there was a truck and run with it.

Like you, I do not believe it is a truck and will not consider it so for my theories until someone can prove to me that it is indeed a truck (which, I'll admit right now, they will likely not be able to unless using something other than that photo to back it up)...

JMO

I worked at OLOL hospital prior to it moving to a new location, and I can assure you the guards were not out in front of the hospital talking to bikers as they went by. I still drive by frequently and never see any security guard standing outside of the building.

Thanks!!! I find this story extremely peculiar and wish chicken would get back here to elaborate.

Sometimes you have to see the edges of a puzzle before you can fill in the pieces.

Sherlock was constantly theorizing and then wandering off to hunt down something that he'd thought of, generated internally. If he'd waited for all the data, he would never have been a best seller.

Chapter 247: Sherlock anticipates Chief Inspecter Bluffintgon providing him with firm, verifiable data. Has brunch with Watson and the Hound of the Baskervilles, cocktails & croquet with the Earl of Starched Britches and his pigeon-breasted wife.

Chapter 248: Sherlock awaits forensic reports related to the croquet mallet bludgeoning of the Earl of Starched Britches & his pigeon-breasted wife, attends the theatre, drums fingers, refills tobacco pouch.

Nah.....

No theories = no forward motion

To some extent. But don't forget that although it often appeared Holmes was wildly following some hunches or leads, in the end it was often presented to the reader of secret observations, evidence and facts Holmes had very early on which led him to the theories he followed.

I'm just trying to work a window of time from when Mickey went poof! to when she was unreachable, out of contact.

We don't have much info on her phone but I find it curious that the LE only ask for video footage until 3:30 am. Is this when Mickeys phone was powered off or the battery taken out?

http://999ktdy.com/mickey-shunick-latest-update/
May 24, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

Lafayette, LA – Detectives with the Lafayette Police Department are asking business owners and those residents with video surveillance equipment to review footage from May 19, 2012, between the hours of 1:30 am and 3:30 am. Being that there is no confirmed route that was taken by Mickey Shunick on her bike, she could have been possibly captured by equipment not checked by police. Anyone finding any footage of interest is asked to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

Hi y'all. I'm new-ish. I've been one of the many guests since around the time the pictures of the DWTIQ came out. I grew up in Lafayette, went to UL, hung out at Artmosphere, etc., so (as it does for many) this case hits close to home.

I doubt I'll have much to add to the conversation, but I do believe that MS was headed straight home. I'm also *extremely* frustrated with the lack of evidence in this case but am holding out hope that MS will be found safe soon.

:welcome3:

Store clerk tells me she saw a suspicious truck following Mickey.
www.dailyadvertiser.com
While the store does have cameras, the video was of poor quality and focused on the inside of the store, not the exterior, Mouton said. People working inside the store also didn't notice Shunick when she rode past it, something Mouton said investigators attribute to the fact that Shunick, an avid bicyclist, was riding quickly and on the opposite side of the street.

Halo, what are you getting at here? I'm confuzzled.

:welcome:

the cell carrier knows when her phone stopped transmitting.

Correct, wonder what time that was.
The window from Mickey's last picture/phone call to when anyone noticed she could not receive a call.

To some extent. But don't forget that although it often appeared Holmes was wildly following some hunches or leads, in the end it was often presented to the reader of secret observations, evidence and facts Holmes had very early on which led him to the theories he followed.

BBM

Fair enough. But we haven't yet reached the end.

I enjoy the Hive Mind process.

Then again, this isn't my real life profession, so there's that.

I am from NY and never have been to your fine state. From the moment I saw news of Mickeys disappearance, I have been checking for updates daily. I believe I have read all the posts. The picture of Mickey and the white truck in front of the Circle K, where is this camera? I owned a gas station and we had 5 recordable video surveillance cameras both inside and outside the store. When the young man "ran" in to pay, you should have been able to pull him up in the store. Also cameras on the canopy should have been able to catch license plates. Our cameras recorded in 10 minute increments, and that is how the file was stored. We retained those records for 3 weeks. Unless there was suspicious activity (like a drive off) and we would save that 10 minute increment of the tape and print a picture for the police.

Halo, what are you getting at here? I'm confuzzled.

I think what they are pointing out is a store clerk claims a truck was following Mickey, but the police said no one working in the store even saw Mickey ride past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288