MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could he do that to the boys? :(

How could he do that to the mother of his children. :(

This is so incredibly sad.

Mark Klaas-No Tanya should not talk to him; this is a revenge killing, pure and simple. Jean C. wonders if maybe she should talk with him, in order to try to find out where they are, all jailhouse interviews are recorded. Would he tell her things?

Expert-no, I agree with Mark, no benefit. LE should go for death penalty, that might unseal his lips.

What kind of deal can LE make to get answers from him?

Defense attorney-No motive for him to confess now, with minor charges.
He does think Tonya should try to talk to him, as a decoy, to try to gain information. Nothing to be lost in trying.

No new info on this show as to what made LE change the status of the case.
The main new thing to me was the internet searches, but I must have missed that, as surely it is not new.

I do believe the Internet search information is new.

Jean C. also thinks she should talk to JS.

Cased turned into murder case same day JS called media for an interview.
Jean C. says LE has considered it a homicide a long time, why change it now? Expert says they may have some forensic evidence back, (but I don't know if I buy this.)
Jean thinks it is a pressure tactic (I agree.)

What was that about the blood? I missed that. Was it a hypothetical?

Thanks Cluciano. I don't have cable so can't catch NG until they post the show transcripts.

I'm so on the fence with mom talking to JS- kind of. My wish list would be he fesses up about where the boys are and THEN she talks to him and a deal is made.

In my gut, I think he would use the opportunity (to talk to her) to rub it in her face so I would not in a million years suggest she subject herself to that.

I think JS made the decision to kill his sons fully knowing the trade off. Rest of his life in prison or DP, he is well taken care of, gets his three squares and whatever he endures will be (in his sick mind) well worth the pain he inflicted on their mother.

I hate to say so, but that has been my feeling about JS from the get go.

Wherever those boys are, their soul is in heaven..... and I hope that thought brings some peace to those who are greiving possibly not being able to give them a proper burial. I know there mom is a believer.... I do hope they are someday found.

:(

jmvho

I think if Tanya holds out and doesn't talk to him, that eventually he will try and get her there by offering to tell her where the boys are.

Hopefully, LE will already have found them.

If she goes to visit him in jail, here is somewhat how the conversation would go.

You know I would never hurt those boys. I miss them and you. We should get back together so that we can get the boys back and be a family again. You have to convince LE that the boys are safe. If you hadn't done....... I wouldn't have sent them with the group. Why can't you just give me another chance. Well if you had just acted like my wife this would never have happened.

No he won't tell her what he did with the boys. He wants to see her so he can see her cry. So he can get a chance to tell her face to face that it is her fault. And he will insist that she can call off LE, but he really knows that she can't, so he has no incentive to tell her. And he also knows that if she really did come to visit him, even if he can get her to get friendly with him again, he knows he cannot produce those boys. So that is no incentive either.

A pretrial hearing for the Morenci man accused in the disappearance of his three sons was adjourned Wednesday until Feb. 23.
Judge Margaret M.S. Noe granted the request by Skelton's attorney, John Glaser. Prosecutor Jonathan Poer agreed to it. Both declined to say why an adjournment was requested.

more here

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/NEWS01/102100454/Judge-adjourns-hearing-case-3-missing-boys

Sounds like something is up. Deal in progress maybe? At least a guarentee to keep the DP off the table in exhange for info about the boys location.

IMO I don't think she should vist him at all. Those boys are not alive as I have feared all alone. He wants to see how she has suffered, he wants her face to face so he can see how upset she is, it is a control tactic. It creeped me out once when he said "where is your wedding ring hon" or something similar. The law should allow truth serum or whatever to make people like this talk especially when it involves children. He just makes me sick.

IMO I don't think she should vist him at all. Those boys are not alive as I have feared all alone. He wants to see how she has suffered, he wants her face to face so he can see how upset she is, it is a control tactic. It creeped me out once when he said "where is your wedding ring hon" or something similar. The law should allow truth serum or whatever to make people like this talk especially when it involves children. He just makes me sick.

ITA. He has no interest in comforting her or sharing his secrets. He wants to see her in pain and he wants to have some leverage. IMO he loves knowing that he has the crucial information that all of these people are begging him for. Why would he ever give that up?

It is really hard to see those 3 adorable faces and think of this sick sick man being their father. I hope he rots.

FYI: Michigan does not have the death penalty. Life in prison without parole is the best that can be expected in a triple homicide.

<snips>

Weeks said the boys' father, John Skelton, who is facing kidnapping charges in their disappearance, gave misinformation to investigators.

He said Skelton told police the boys are with a group called the United Foster Outreach and Underground Sanctuaries -- a group Weeks said investigators have not been able to confirm exists.
Weeks said he wanted to make this news public so that when farmers go back to their fields in the spring and campers head to campgounds, they are aware that the boys -- Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, ages 9, 7 and 5 -- may still be out there.

more here

http://www.freep.com/article/201102...ys-disappearance-becomes-murder-investigation

Breaking this down in my head...so frustratingly little to go on in this case, so forgive me if it's way out there...

Quite an unusual name: United Foster Outreach Underground Sanctuaries

It's a little redundant and confusing, no? Obviously it implies more than one location, "underground" is a buzzword JS probably heard before and thought made sense. I can even see "sanctuaries." And again, "united" implies a unity, a network, a plurality. "foster" home is kind of similar to "sanctuary" And "outreach" in this context makes no sense at all. Evangelicals use the term "outreach" frequently, was he meaning to imply a connection with a church ministry?

JS has proved to be not entirely stupid and I think he thinks he's smarter than everyone, including LE. So that got me thinking. In other crimes perpetrators have used "clues" to try to toy with police. Is he sending some kind of message with this complicated name? He certainly has had plenty of time to think about it, are you telling me this is the best he could come up with?

Consider these possible interpretations:

United Foster Outreach Underground Sanctuaries - U FOUnd uS. Is he laughing to himself because the police have already searched the area where the boys are?

Could also be United Foster Outreach Underground Sanctuaries - U FOUnd Sanctuaries...possibly the same meaning, or maybe trying to convince himself that the boys have found sanctuary, i.e. what he did was right.

Like I said, out there, I know, but I think he chose those words carefully.

Also....outreach, sanctuaries = both could be religious references....could they be buried near an old church? I think there are several such old/abandoned properties in the wider search area (MI/OH). I heard a report at one time that he said he gave them teddy bears and a sheet, which if true would be signs of remorse or trying to appear remorseful...possibly putting them near a place like a church where God could "watch over them" might be in that line of thinking?

Exactly cluciano...I read somewhere where he said he thought they were amish or mennonite or something....not to many Amish in that area that I'm aware of, Amish are more in Eastern side of Ohio. But I googled Mennonite churches in a wide area of Morenci, and lo and behold, there is only one in Morenci, and one a few miles west, but the area where the Mennonites seem to be concentrated is the area around the turnpike just east of West Unity Ohio (which was a main part of the LE search area in OH.!) Wonder if West Unity area was settled by Mennonites...what about the similar "Unity" and "United"....somebody stop me if I'm a runaway train, but does anyone else think it's worth a thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie