17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If for some reason, charges are never brought against George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin, I would beg Mr. Zimmerman to sell his gun and choose never to own a gun again. If he is going to continue to practice his right to own/carry a gun, I would then beg that he never, ever again be in a position where he feels entitled to use it on an innocent person.

If charges are not brought against George Zimmerman, I will accept it. I won't like it and I won't agree with it, but I will accept it. I will also be very vocal about serious changes being made to the SYG laws. Trayvon will not have died in vain!

As a Floridian, I really wish we have the right to deport people back to the State they were born in. :banghead:

I agree that they are trying out defense strategies. But having been attacked in a similar manner as GZ has claimed, I find the description believable. GZ was more evenly matched than I was, but it is hard (impossible for me) to stand, walk, or run when your attacker is on top of you slamming your head into the floor by violently shaking your shoulders (they pick you up at your shoulders and then slam you back down). Because I've been in a similar situation, I find GZ's fear of brain injury to be one of the most believable aspects of his story.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I am truly sorry you experience that.

JMO, This case ends up in a very large grassy area, with Trayvon face down, dead. I hear Trayvon's screams, and his voice doesn't sound like he's pounding the heck out of GZ, it sounds like he's staring down a 9mm and is terrified he is going to die very soon. His wails are bone chilling.
I don't necessary believe that a bouncer would be helpless--GZ was the one doing the following, he had the edge of surprise. Finally, I watched the police station video carefully. Moves fine, walks fine, normal, no issues. He in no way appears to have just been in the fight of his life.

I do think that the mental image of having one's head slammed repeatedly into the concrete is very disturbing. Add to it thoughts of having a sibling spoon feed you and change your diapers isn't pleasant either. IMO, that is why this "concrete slam defense" is being firmly repeated by GZ's family and attorneys.

If for some reason, charges are never brought against George Zimmerman in the death of Trayvon Martin, I would beg Mr. Zimmerman to sell his gun and choose never to own a gun again. If he is going to continue to practice his right to own/carry a gun, I would then beg that he never, ever again be in a position where he feels entitled to use it on an innocent person.

If charges are not brought against George Zimmerman, I will accept it. I won't like it and I won't agree with it, but I will accept it. I will also be very vocal about serious changes being made to the SYG laws. Trayvon will not have died in vain!

As a Floridian, I really wish we have the right to deport people back to the State they were born in. :banghead:

<--Born in Miami, raised in Hollywood. Good post Lola, I respect your opinion.

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground."

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/...me-used-in-defense-of-trayvon-martins-killer/

"He didn't commit any crime," Unrig said on CBS. "He was attacked, broke his nose, hit his head into the ground and he defended himself. That's not against the law."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/na...da-shootingbre8350d5-20120406,0,1690924.story

I am currently looking at two very different versions of:

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

ONE SAYS:

Trayvon Martin Investigation
FAQ Letter

Dear Citizens:

There has been a lot of media attention ... blah blah blah with link to pdf

AND

It further says, and I quote:

"The office of the State Attorney, 4th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney Angela Corey has requested that the City of Sanford remove all reports, videos and audio pertaining to the Martin/Zimmerman case from the website. Their office has provided legal justification for the action and they believe further access to the information will have an adverse effect on their efforts to come to a resolution to this investigation."

NOW, THE SECOND VERSION I HAVE OPEN SAYS:

Important Notice - Trayvon Martin

Dear Citizens:

There has been a lot of media attention ... blah blah blah with link to pdf

At least this might answer the question of the missing documents that were previously there.

I can't imagine a circumstance where a city manager, in this case Bonaparte, would voluntarily compose and sign an open letter to the public and post it on the city's official website if it contained information he didn't believe.

The letter clearly states states that Bonaprate is providing the answers to questions from Chief Lee in response to the public seeking answers. No where does it state that Bonaparte agrees with Chief Lee's responses. Please point out the sentence that states this. TIA!

BBM

Not the same thing. They are saying ground now and we know it was wet ground.

The most frightening thing to me was the sound my head made as it hit the tile floor. (Odd thing to focus on but I remember it to this day.) I've never had my head slammed into wet ground (and I'm not gonna try it out) so I can't say for sure. Still I can't help but empathize with GZ's story.

ETA: I completely empathize with TM's family and friends for their tragic loss. That one photo of TM and his dad always brings tears to my eyes.

The letter clearly states states that Bonaprate is providing the answers to questions from Chief Lee in response to the public seeking answers. No where does it state that Bonaparte agrees with Chief Lee's responses. Please point out the sentence that states this. TIA!

Myself, had I been in Bonaparte's position as city manager, I would have taken that letter down after the no confidence vote from the city commissioners as well as Chief Lee's resignation.

~jmo~

Myself, had I been in Bonaparte's position as city manager, I would have taken that letter down after the no confidence vote from the city commissioners as well as Chief Lee's resignation.

~jmo~
I agree.

So either he agrees with Chief Lee's responses and doesn't care if it makes himself look bad, or he's just not doing his job well.

which would hopefully prevent employee disciplinary action by a private employer to become publicized. I don't think many of us want our employers to send out a press release out about what we did at work. From what I've read it was not done intentionally by someone high up at the network, it was done by production people preparing the recording for airing. It seems rather absurd thing to focus on anyway-the actual recording was available basically everywhere so it was instantaneously noticed and thus had no impact or effect as there was no way to edit it and not have it be noticed since it was being broadcast so widely.

The point is that this feeds into a certain victimization narrative.

Let me ask it this way. If you were city manager, and voluntarily wrote an open letter to the public that you signed and put on the official website, would you include items that you believed to be false in it?

I would not.

Maybe they ran his prints or got his cell number and used a reverse directory?
Why would it mean police hanky-panky?

BBM

It is possible or even likely that the police went back and altered their initial reports. MOO.

BBM

It is possible or even likely that the police went back and altered their initial reports. MOO.

Is adding information altering? If they had a police report on a shooting death and they didn't know the identity of the deceased, is it unethical to go back later and add in the identity once it is known?

I don't know, is why I'm asking.

--those answers are not given by Mr. Bonaparte.

--from bonaparte's letter:

"In an effort to continue to be as responsive as possible to the public seeking information on
the incident, I have asked Chief Lee to provide answers to some of the most frequently​
asked questions regarding this matter. Below are his responses."

You are absolutely right. I was paying more attention to the questions and answers and not to the part saying who they were from.

He should have used quote marks and not signed it at the bottom. He should have put his name under the part he said at the top.

Is adding information altering? If they had a police report on a shooting death and they didn't know the identity of the deceased, is it unethical to go back later and add in the identity once it is known?

I don't know, is why I'm asking.
Only if they leave the original date on the actual report and don't add the date of the addition.

I'm not questioning whether or not George received some kind of little boo boo in a scuffle. However, when you read the chronological narrative of the police report and realize the severity of his "beating" required only a few minutes of treatment before he was CLEARED for transport, I am questioning whether they rose to the level of justifiably "fearing for one's life".

Particularly when he walked into the jail less than 36 minutes after pulling the trigger, at 7:52 pm, looking fresh as a daisy.

I would urge everyone to be very careful after any blow to the head or TBI.

From personal experience after being struck in the head with an object I declined to be transported. I was conscious, alert, was not bleeding, skin was not open, and did not have a lump of any sort.

It was not till many hours later that symptoms began to present. I vaguely remember being in an ambulance and I don't recall a number of days after that

Trayvon Martin protest: Students will march for 3 days

A coalition of college students will spend the next three days marching about 40 miles between Daytona Beach and Sanford to protest the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

The group, which calls itself the Dream Defenders, said the march is a "stand against racial profiling, institutional racism and the legacy of violence that continues to plague young people of color."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...06_1_college-students-shooting-death-marchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member