2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CA admitted to cleaning the car and trunk, I think KC tried but the smell would not go away.

Dont forget using a whole can of fabreeze too....tho fabreeze does NOT have any chloroform ingredience..I also think they vacuumed it thoroughly ( thankfully left that Death banned single hair of Caylee )...After all the cleaning can you imagine the chloroform levels that would have been found if NO cleaning occured?...Even Dr. Vass said the air levels of chloroform was Off the Charts!! and the Scientist said he was surprised to find any chloroform in his analysis of a piece of trunk fiber due to its volatile nature..

Of course DT team tried to suggest the level wasnt the highest he (chemist) had ever seen..but failed to say..He usually tests cleaning products (fluid) to test those levels..not a few fibers....Ohhh well, DT can only try and confuse issues as the real truth is too hard for them to accept..:crazy:

The state doesn't have to prove that it was Casey who put the body in the trunk, they just have to convince the jury that Casey had the motive and means to do so. A jury is allowed to use common sense.

If it wasn't Casey who put the body in the trunk, who was it? Casey told a number of stories to account for the smell - did she never look in the trunk to find the real source of the odor? Who took the body out of the trunk and put it in the woods if not Casey? Seriously, it defies all logic to think that someone else may have done it.

BBM : thank you, thank you, thank you.

The jury is made up of people, not robots. Those people are like you and I. They use logic and common sense to come to a conclusion. They are going to put all these facts together and draw a conclusion about what happened to Caylee and who is responsible for it.

So far, I'm putting my faith in the those jurors. I hope they come through for me (but mostly for Caylee.) :(

BBM they don't have to prove motive, sometimes crazy has no motive.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean motive to commit the murder, I was only referring to Casey having a motive to put the body into the trunk - to hide it and transport it to someplace else.

Yeah, this is the guy KC was hoping to run away from home to after Caylee's murder.

We all speculated that instead of writing Casey Lazzaro, she started writing Casey Hawkins, lol.

Too bad for Casey, that he had her on 'ignore' by then. lol

Good for him, though!

Which reminds me...when they were speaking of finding insects in the vacuum filter...whose vacuum were they talking about?

I think they were referring to the method they used to collect the specimens.

I am one of the lurkers...I am very interested in this case, but I am new, and I don't have the background in it that many here do. I am just reading & watching.

Jane

Well bless your heart for using your fingers! Welcome and please jump right in-we were all new once and I sure as heck don't have the background in this case that others do myself...what are your thoughts plainjanedoe?

you are right,they do not have to prove motive,but a lot of juries want to HEAR one!

They might want to hear one, but I believe more often than not, they don't. Our courts work most of the time, so I am okay if the state doesn't try to show a motive.

Which reminds me...when they were speaking of finding insects in the vacuum filter...whose vacuum were they talking about?

I missed that part of the testimony but I'll guess that the forensic investigators vacuumed the trunk using their own vacuum. Cindy didn't vacuum the trunk, she did not wash out the trunk, and she didn't do that much cleaning - just took a few things out of the car and cleaned them up.

BBM they don't have to prove motive, sometimes crazy has no motive.
Tell me about it...seeing a sociopath in action is a mighty scary thing...there really is no telling what they may do.
Everyone speaks of Casey being such a wonderful mother...who do they think REALLY took care of Caylee and provided for her? In public, I don't doubt that she was "wonderful"...but we have all seen what lies beneath. Her behavior in the jail house videos speaks volumes. Caylee who?

Respectfully snipped

He is too paranoid and will not just spit it out!!! :maddening:

Reciting The Raven:

Once.....................upon a..........................midnight dreary....while I........pondered weak........and.......weary.

;)

Was there not some discussion froma media source that the chloroform in the trunk was from cleaning supplies? I'll go back and look but it was a very long time ago. CA washed ICA's pants and did some cleaning.

I believe that Cindy admitted to washing the pants, knife, and the doll. She then said she used a dryer sheet and Febreeze to try to get rid of the smell.

They might want to hear one, but I believe more often than not, they don't. Our courts work most of the time, so I am okay if the state doesn't try to show a motive.

I think the state is showing motive. Could there be anyone on the jury who doesn't see that Casey wanted to party and live 'the good life" and that Caylee was standing in her way?

I think the motive is very clear and it has nothing to do with the relationship between Cindy and Casey - it was all about Casey's selfishness.

I don't know,If I was on a jury I would want to know why the crime was committed

"Just to keep things straight' - ha! Who do I think I am? I was too tired last night and should have quite while I was ahead. RR0004 has it right,
the girl they were talking about, Kissh, was a friend of TL's group.
She's the one that claims KC was not watching Caylee carefully enough and that Caylee had been out on the balcony.

Troy's old gf lives up in Boston now and testified. She's the one who said all was going well with KC but KC made that comment about being a good liar.

This is right, right?

LOL No.

Troy browns visiting girlfriend lives in Virginia she is the one who Casey might have said something about abuse to when she was 10 and who said Casey hung up the phone and said " I am such a good lair"

I will just add this: I think some jurors might come to the conclusion that there is something deeply wrong with this girl. That, along with her age, and I think there will be some inclined to show some mercy.

That said, if she's convicted, I think LWOP is going to end up being the sentence. I can't see it being any less than that.

JMO

I agree! During jury selection there were several jurors among those chosen who were middle of the road when it came to the death penalty. I think that without a smoking gun (finger prints on the duct tape or something very conclusive), there will be a conviction but the sentence will be LWOP.

Ok here is one thing I am sure the DT is going to bring up and I wonder if anyone has an answer for it.

Sworn testimony says the smell did not follow the garbage bag. How come, it had the paper towels with grave wax on them inside it.

Possibly as someone posted earlier, ICA used the excuse of taking TL's trash out to the dumpster for an excuse to check inside her trunk; saw the fluids & used some paper towels to wipe it up with. Threw them in TL's trash bag, stuffed it in her trunk in an attempt to explain the stench that was starting to come from the remains of Caylee.

I don't know,If I was on a jury I would want to know why the crime was committed

That almost never happens, even when someone decides to plead guilty at the end. The reason is never known, especially in murder cases. Well, except the daily drug murders, then, unless it was a money owed thing, you still may not know.

Sometimes, the murderers do not know themselves, it is too compound in their being, they just don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member