Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about highly successful people who were intellectual scholars and captains of industry, and they couldn't grasp the concept of this monster being a child rapist due to some lack of a knowledge base on pedophilia? And that's why they didn't do anything to stop him and protect these children?

Wow. I guess someone just needs to go ahead and get that IGNORANT brush out and paint me from head to toe because I'll NEVER be able to wrap my country bumpkin mind around that theory.

I didn't know it required special training to recognize the reprehensible acts of a child rapist.

From your previous quote:
Quote:
“If you think about it from a logical standpoint, how do you have this group of people that are so intertwined with each other, and then have something like this come up, and then they not talk about it?”

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/12...-business-1-5/

Notice that I said the 1998 incident and not the 2002 rape. I believe the people that knew of the 1998 incident (but not Raykovitz andn probably not the DA) didn't have the knowledge base to add together all of Sandusky's behaviors and realize that he was a pedo. Sandusky had the "savior of children image" which also prevented those who knew from accurately realizing that he was a child predator.

I believe very few were told about the 2002 incident too. None of these men would tell others that they knew of an old man that raped a little boy in the shower and they did nothing which protected the child rapist. None.

Friday Dec 16- at Harrisburg- the Curley and Shultz preliminary hearing begins. What is Penn's responsibility/strategy to defend these men? I think I read that Spanier promised to defend them just before he was fired.
Penn has just hired a a former Clinton lawyer- will this be his first job?

g-tdy-111208-sandusky-530a-1-1.jpg

For his second arrest, it's nice to see they cuffed his hands behind his back like any other common criminal.

1phkOx-1.jpg

A child rapist deserves no dignity or respect.

Friday Dec 16- at Harrisburg- the Curley and Shultz preliminary hearing begins. What is Penn's responsibility/strategy to defend these men? I think I read that Spanier promised to defend them just before he was fired.
Penn has just hired a a former Clinton lawyer- will this be his first job?
No. It will be Penn State's liability insurance carrier that has the responsibility of defending Curley and Shutlz unless the charge of perjury is not covered under their director's liability insurance because it is a criminal action. Hopefully an attorney on Websleuths will be kind enough to explain this.

Lanny Davis, Clinton's previous attorney, may have the function of "spin doctor" as well as advisor.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanny_Davis"]Lanny Davis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

From your previous quote:
Quote:
“If you think about it from a logical standpoint, how do you have this group of people that are so intertwined with each other, and then have something like this come up, and then they not talk about it?”

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/12...-business-1-5/

Notice that I said the 1998 incident and not the 2002 rape. I believe the people that knew of the 1998 incident (but not Raykovitz andn probably not the DA) didn't have the knowledge base to add together all of Sandusky's behaviors and realize that he was a pedo. Sandusky had the "savior of children image" which also prevented those who knew from accurately realizing that he was a child predator.

I believe very few were told about the 2002 incident too. None of these men would tell others that they knew of an old man that raped a little boy in the shower and they did nothing which protected the child rapist. None.

The point being, fundamental logic dictates they DID talk about it.

Remember what one former board member of TSM said:

Some have questioned whether certain people within the charity knew before 2008, given Paterno’s close business and personal relationships — including dinners and a Bahamas vacation — with Poole and several other past and present board members.

“I honestly think there was a conversation. I can’t believe there wasn’t one,” fumed one former board member. “To be honest, I think people were worried about what would happen to Penn State and The Second Mile if Jerry Sandusky was found out.”

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/12/05/120511-news-paterno-business-1-5/

For that matter, consider what Barry Switzer said:

“This was a secret that was kept secret. Everyone on that had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time,”

“You think that a 13-year assistant ... hasn’t told someone else?

His wife?

His father?

People knew. The community knew,”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...on-that-staff-had-to-have-known#ixzz1g68IX7PK

IMO, plenty of people knew.

Some other clients of lawyer Lanny Davis, hired to provide legal advice and counsel to PSU President Rodney Erickson:
• Now-deposed Ivory Coast "strongman" Laurent Gbagbo
• Brutal Equatorial Guinea President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
• The business-backed leaders of the 2009 military coup against Honduran President Manuel Zelaya
• The Pakistani military
• The fanatically right-wing Israel Project
Thanks for the promised transparency, Penn State!

http://deadspin.com/5866796/penn-st...or+loving-monster-lawyer?tag=pennstatescandal

I wonder if the ones who lacked the knowledge base to add together all of Sandusky's behaviors would have been aided by buying JoePa's video?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz346ZF0YLM&feature=related"]Jerry Sandusky's Method - YouTube[/ame]

I played organized football from the time I was 8 years old through an injury during my junior year of college. Oddly enough, I was a middle linebacker, the same position Sandusky coached. I will assure you that NO coach EVER touched or caressed my posterior with his hands as this monster does in this video,

From my understanding, sports are considered by many men to be the most manly of manly provinces. I think that is why these pervs. chose sports to commit their crimes--they could hide under that mantle of disguise.

and to add onto my last post:

sports would provide the pervs. with the largest pool of male children to sexually exploit.

@Concerned Papa
Barry's word is not golden. We previously discussed how Joe Pa made a very incendiary comment about Barry's moral character in the past. Barry is known for "stretching the truth". Read about Barry's truthfulness. He just luckily overheard useful stock information that provided him with a cartload of cash and how the SEC charged him for insider trading.

Place yourself here: If you heard about a child's rape and then protected the rapist, would go around town talking about it? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't because it is very likely that someone would report you to the police in addition to despising you.

I believe I read that LE learned that Mike McQueary saw a sexual assault by reading an anonymous post on a Penn State football message board. How many people must have known that something inappropriate happened between Sandusky and a boy before it ended up on the internet? Also, we know from Mike Francesa interview with Kim Jones that attendence at the Second Mile golf tournament declined rapidly in the 2000's. Jones suggested that old acquaintances of Sandusky's were attempting to distance themselves from him.

IMO, if anyone talked about the incident, it was McQueary. If he told his father, JoePa, Curley and Schultz that he saw a child being raped, in his mind, he was not protecting a rapist.

and to add onto my last post:

sports would provide the pervs. with the largest pool of male children to sexually exploit.
Yep, and there is disproportionate amount in male sports, Boy Scouts, priesthood in RC Church, and ect... because these professions are filled by males and pedophiles are usually male. Only a small fraction are females.

I believe I read that LE learned that Mike McQueary saw a sexual assault by reading an anonymous post on a Penn State football message board. How many people must have known that something inappropriate happened between Sandusky and a boy before it ended up on the internet? Also, we know from Mike Francesa interview with Kim Jones that attendence at the Second Mile golf tournament declined rapidly in the 2000's. Jones suggested that old acquaintances of Sandusky's were attempting to distance themselves from him.
IMO, if anyone talked about the incident, it was McQueary. If he told his father, JoePa, Curley and Schultz that he saw a child being raped, in his mind, he was not protecting a rapist.
That statement was on some male weightlifting/training forum, not a Penn State forum. I recently found that forum on the internet. I'll see if I can find it again and post the link. The comment was removed, but the thread was still open and posters were bashing the other posters that had not called the police much earlier when they first read the comment.

I can't find that forum where the "McQueary saw Sandusky rape a child" comment was first posted. You guys would find it interesting because it appeared that the comment about Sandusky's rape had been posted for a long time? before someone finally notified the police or the police took any action. I will keep looking because maybe we can figure out the year it was posted. It was on some independent bodybuilding/fitness/sports forum.

I can't find that forum where the "McQueary saw Sandusky rape a child" comment was first posted. You guys would find it interesting because it appeared that the comment about Sandusky's rape had been posted for a long time? before someone finally notified the police or the police took any action. I will keep looking because maybe we can figure out the year it was posted. It was on some independent bodybuilding/fitness/sports forum.

I think it was "somebody saw something horrible" or something along those lines.

You can see a screen capture of the comments here: http://infiniteturbo.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/psumessageboard.jpg.

I got the impression it was a forum for discussing Penn State athletics based on the comments. I've read previously that the website was named nittanyfootball.com. However, I haven't been there to check out if the thread is still active or not.

You can see a screen capture of the comments here: http://infiniteturbo.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/psumessageboard.jpg.

I got the impression it was a forum for discussing Penn State athletics based on the comments. I've read previously that the website was named nittanyfootball.com. However, I haven't been there to check out if the thread is still active or not.

Thanks for that information, BigCat!

Here is an early NYT article that also states:

A critical break in the investigation of Jerry Sandusky came via a posting on the Internet: a random mention that a Penn State football coach, years before, might have seen something ugly, but kept silent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/s...ndusky-investigators.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all

It was a fitness forum or weightlifting forum and it had a Penn State thread on it. It had some other threads involving nutrition and other guy stuff. I am still looking for it because I want to see if we can guess how long the comment sat there before the comment was reported to LE.

Bummer. According to below article, court proceedings aren’t televised in Pennsylvania,

There was a lottery in recent weeks to determine who will be allowed in the courtroom as Sandusky may face some of the alleged sexual-abuse victims in the case. Extra reporters will sit in an overflow room in the courthouse to watch a private video feed from the courtroom. Almost 1,400 people applied for 100 available courtroom seats.

There is a public lottery for 80 seats at the December 16 hearing for former Penn State administrators Tim Curley and Gary Schultz in Harrisburg, Pa.
Court proceedings aren’t televised in Pennsylvania, so the hearing won’t be a repeat of nationally broadcast trials that have become a cable news staple.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/penn_state/sandusky-circus-to-hit-small-town-121011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member