TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the majority of kidnappers are sexual predators, I've never read about a case where there was not some form of SA done to the victim.

I think that is very, very rare[/QUOTE

I meant as opposed to someone who wanted to be with her, in some sort of fantasy thing, as some have suggested...which might keep her alive.

There are 4 RSO's in Tennessee who are unaccounted for, including a violent rapist who is white and approx 6 feet tall...200 lbs...
but he is missing from eastern part of the state.

Look at the Channon Christian & Chris Newsom case...... None of thier killers/kidnappers were from Knoxville, Let Alone TN. (All 4 of them were from KY).

I don't see how he could have stashed her alive in the woods and be tending to her...with 1000 people out there, he would not be free to get back and forth.../QUOTE]

He could have her stashed and not tending to her---which would jibe with the sense of urgency they put out there this morning with call for volunteers etc....maybe LE figures he CAN'T get back to her with 1000 volunteers out and about in the woods, so the strategy also protects her in a backwards sense if she is alive (as long as keep perp away it's a good thing?)

And now by telling him they know who he is and what he's been up to (ie. he is from the community and car/ATV activities) they are tightening the noose.....give him enough rope to hang himself....

JMO

I think the majority of kidnappers are sexual predators, I've never read about a case where there was not some form of SA done to the victim.

I think that is very, very rare[/QUOTE

I meant as opposed to someone who wanted to be with her, in some sort of fantasy thing, as some have suggested...which might keep her alive.

Even if he did want to keep her alive he may decide that the risks are just too great and the longer the days pass the less likely that it is that she will be found alive.

There are some RSO's in Parsons that fit description...is Parsons a town? Is that where her college is?

Or has her stashed in a bunker/cave/basement/etc that he prepared ahead of time.

This guy prepared too well. He didn't take her just to kill her. This was a fantasy for him. He will only kill her if he is pressed by the authorities or, sorry for the bluntness, when he tires of her.

Without knowing who he is or his motive, it's difficult to surmise whether or not she is still alive. The only thing that seems prepared is the manner (and timing) in which she was abducted. While I still believe she was known to him, it may have been a matter of the right opportunity after him staking out her house. MOO

There are some RSO's in Parsons that fit description...is Parsons a town? Is that where her college is?

Yes, it is where Holly lived and I believe the college she goes to is there as well.

Yes Parsons is a town. I will have to look but she goes to an off branch of UT at Martin....they have local colleges where students can attend rather than drive to Martin,Tn.

ETA: The college is in Parsons, the off branch of UT Martin.

Just to clarify a few things here, this was what Tricia originally posted on another case...

Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
There are very few black and white rules on Websleuths and the rules do change.

Here are some really basic rules to remember;

1- Be respectful when posting. No name calling, baiting, or sarcasm

2- Stick to the facts in the main stream media

3- No rumors allowed

4- Keep your theories logical and not outrages.

5- Do not accuse innocent people of crimes

6- Do not state something as fact when in reality it is not

7- Do not post what others are saying on other blogs or forums. This just encourages rumors which is something we work hard at trying to avoid.

8- Do not post the full names of anyone unless they have appeared in the main stream media.

9- No sleuthing of neighbors, friends, innocent relatives. Remember just because a criminal is someones next door neighbor does not give us the right to pull all their public records and post them on Websleuths. Put yourself in their shoes.

10- Don't be a jerk.

I think where we might get confused is Tricia did say that locals can post something they heard as long as they let everyone know its not a fact, and not outrages. I know it all gets confusing so if your not sure just ask us in a pm, we are happy to help.

Ima

Is there a nation wide alert going out on Holly ? In case she was taken out of state? Like a region specific BOLO covering the east coast or midwest or the whole county?

If this was a young person I suspect if Holly is alive and there is a car then if he may try to run to a larger place with a diverse population , Most young people think Fl or CA are places to run to but if he is a country person he may think VA or Kentucy but those places may seems to close so OHIO or OKlahoma. Might be considered as options.

I am four hours straight south, and there has been absolutely NO local coverage of this case at all. He could have her at our Walmart and no one would be looking. :(

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....803892,-88.118591&spn=0.423233,1.049194&z=11

here is hollye's map again..

little green walking men are gootch road... I have centered the map so you can see the area between gootch and I40 since that is what they said they are searching..
I tried to include natchez sp in the capture as well

Its just unbelievable how vast the terrain is in this area. I completely understand the need for searchers on horseback. The urgency of finding Holly and the ability of horses and riders to travel quickly is obvious after looking at the map.
Horse and rider combos can be very observant and sensitive to odd trails, broken limbs and brush, not to mention horses will balk immediately to a body of any sort through sense of smell and sight. An ATV could easily fly by certain clues. Just thinking out loud since they are calling on more SAR via horseback.

TBI: No one has been ruled out as a suspect.

http://twitter.com/willnunley

“The boyfriend is not a suspect.

The brother is not a suspect,” Mehr said.

“We are confident
of that.”

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-04-15-tennessee-abducted-woman.htm

WTH?!!! :banghead:

I am not confident of anything. Other than the fact that these people make me look decisive and I can't even decide whether to go north or south to do spring pictures! :banghead:

This is ridiculous. Just stop talking. I am amazed they still have that many searchers. This isn't a Sunday stroll, it makes Elizabeth Smart's search look like a walk in the park. (It wasn't.)

To ask a thousand people to do this and then not even give them a straight answer on a suspect, lie to them about whether something was found, retract a previous statement, then confirm it again....

This is totally ridiculous. A leak is one thing, this is not a leak.

You are insulting their intelligence and messing with their heads. If you can't comment on something, don't. If you can't answer a question, don't.

I certainly hope they are just trying to make the abductor think they are clueless. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123