CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what he said in his depo:

AH: The gist of those conversations – okay. The gist of the conversations as relayed to me was that there were open questions surrounding my grandmother’s portion of the estate and that he wanted to resolve those.

Q. Was there any representations made by you – made to you from any participant to that meeting that there had been, in fact, a resolution of those issues?

AH: In those words, no, but they – there seemed – people seemed to be satisfied as a result of the conversation.

Yes but, two years earlier Andrew told LE that there was fighting in the family.

I guess it is a little late to compare notes and come up with a consistent story. If it wasnt for these women being unable to control themselves online, we would never have the background material we have today to refute the nonsense.

How about the reward, right? The reward they didnt manage to get together until September last year was it? Suspiciously prior to the trial to remove them as co conservators of the Survivors Trust?

I am willing to bet that if you look at their immediate attempts to obtain control of Bob's assets within a week of his disappearance, you will see a statement that they are simply trying to obtain reward money.

Uh huh.

Some gallows humor:

"Please note that the proper spelling of my legal name is not Bradey but is spelled BRADY."

Wow. How childish. The whole letter is childish until you take into consideration that this is a woman well into middle age whose father disappeared 10 days later. And then for me it transforms from childish to chilling.

JuM, ROTW:

here

10:56

We slept like babies last night, went to bed so late I did not care to look at the clock. Oh my, my sleeping pattern is out of whack again.

Take care and enjoy the day!
OOPS, Strike that...

here

12:25
Okay, I just cannot think of what today is, I think I will return to my room. My heart is so broken, hopefully one of these days it will heal.​

Yes but, two years earlier Andrew told LE that there was fighting in the family.

I guess it is a little late to compare notes and come up with a consistent story. If it wasnt for these women being unable to control themselves online, we would never have the background material we have today to refute the nonsense.

How about the reward, right? The reward they didnt manage to get together until September last year was it? Suspiciously prior to the trial to remove them as co conservators of the Survivors Trust?

I am willing to bet that if you look at their immediate attempts to obtain control of Bob's assets within a week of his disappearance, you will see a statement that they are simply trying to obtain reward money.

Uh huh.

Yes, thanks for the reminder.

AH to PPD on July 27, 2009 (per Missing Person Report): Andrew told me that it was not like his grandfather to leave without telling anybody where he was going. Andrew continued and said that there had been fighting in the family recently and Robert was very frustrated over the situation.

Every new thing posted here just makes me feel worse for poor Mr. Harrod and Fontelle Harrod.

Not really understanding bypass trust, etc. Does this mean that Georgia's estate was to go in its entirety to Bob and that the daughters would receive anything left upon his death?

Every new thing posted here just makes me feel worse for poor Mr. Harrod and Fontelle Harrod.

Not really understanding bypass trust, etc. Does this mean that Georgia's estate was to go in its entirety to Bob and that the daughters would receive anything left upon his death?

That is exactly what it means, Opie. Aside from the jewelry left to her daughters by Georgia, the deceased settler, the money and assets were all left to Bob, the surviving settler. Bob's daughters were beneficiaries after the surviving settler was deceased.

Interesting how the 15,000 he paid each of his daughters in January of 2009 coincides with communication from Paula mentioned in the attached letter posted above. They were clearly demanding money and information about HIS money in January. So he pays them 15,000 each, but that clearly did not satisfy them as this letter indicates.

Bob marries, Roberta sends a letter shortly after Bob's marriage demanding information and demonstrates fear of changes being made. The letter leads to the calling of a family meeting where I suspect Bob let his daughters and son in law know they were beneficiaries after his passing. Bob goes missing the following day. At least two of his family members set in motion a chain of events which would be appropriate upon his death.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

Poor Bob.

Thanks for the explanation, Cubby.

Poor Bob indeed. Poor Fontelle had no idea the hornets' nest/madhouse into which she was entering.

This being Father's Day makes reading all this even worse. Truly the love of $$ IS the root of all evil.

Daughter RB’s Interview in OC Register – October 2009
Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished.

His daughter, Roberta, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

bbm. But wait, according to her letter to Bob's attorney she and her sisters saw the will.

Additionally, all she had to do at any time was go to the court house and obtain a copy. Here is a link. Georgia's will was filed with the court on April 1, 2008.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPub...-00068771-PR-OP-LJC&src=case_src_dtl#top_page

Case Summary
Case Number Title Filing Date Category Case Type
30-2008-00068771-PR-OP-LJC HARROD-SAFEKEEPING WILL 04/01/2008 PROBATE OTHER PROBATE MATTER

Participants Results 1 - 1 of 1000000000000
Name Type Start Date End Date Current Attorney
GEORGIA M HARROD DECEDENT 05/14/2008

Uh huh.

<sarcasm> Well, anyone at WS knows that it takes a long, long time to put together a reward for a missing person. We see the parents of missing children take a whole day to come up with an initial reward amount. We've seen families of the missing add on the equivalent of an extra job so they can keep increasing the amount of the reward.

Heck, it took me all of an hour to put up a reward for my missing service dog. I know, I know, I could have done it faster but I was still recovering from surgery that same day and still having nausea from the anesthesia.
<sarcasm off>

That is exactly what it means, Opie. Aside from the jewelry left to her daughters by Georgia, the deceased settler, the money and assets were all left to Bob, the surviving settler. Bob's daughters were beneficiaries after the surviving settler was deceased.

Interesting how the 15,000 he paid each of his daughters in January of 2009 coincides with communication from Paula mentioned in the attached letter posted above. They were clearly demanding money and information about HIS money in January. So he pays them 15,000 each, but that clearly did not satisfy them as this letter indicates.

Bob marries, Roberta sends a letter shortly after Bob's marriage demanding information and demonstrates fear of changes being made. The letter leads to the calling of a family meeting where I suspect Bob let his daughters and son in law know they were beneficiaries after his passing. Bob goes missing the following day. At least two of his family members set in motion a chain of events which would be appropriate upon his death.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

Poor Bob.

I am being absolutely serious: I hope that Bob never had a chance to realise the threat to his life. I hope that he put his heirs firmly in their places at that meeting, then spent the evening talking to Fontelle and never had an inkling of fear as to what one or more of his heirs decided to put into motion.

In other words, I hope that Bob literally never saw it coming. That his last moments were filled only with thoughts of Fontelle and what he wanted to get prepared for her return.

I really, really hope that.

I fear, however, that it was not so. Somehow, I can't see Bob as a man who went down without a fight.

The sort of fight that would require repairs to the house to conceal.

I am being absolutely serious: I hope that Bob never had a chance to realise the threat to his life. I hope that he put his heirs firmly in their places at that meeting, then spent the evening talking to Fontelle and never had an inkling of fear as to what one or more of his heirs decided to put into motion.

In other words, I hope that Bob literally never saw it coming. That his last moments were filled only with thoughts of Fontelle and what he wanted to get prepared for her return.

I really, really hope that.

I fear, however, that it was not so. Somehow, I can't see Bob as a man who went down without a fight.

The sort of fight that would require repairs to the house to conceal.

BBM~~

Hence JeM's "small projects".

From the Disappeared clip, it looks as if whatever happened to Mr. Harrod happened in the bathroom as he was getting ready for his day.

Just to let you guys know, I am working very hard to get caught up with this case so I can help everyone make sense of the legal documents and proceedings. Thank you Believe09 for all your help!!!!

We are also working on getting you the most important documents from the two court cases.

I do think the repairs done in Mr. Harrods home were to conceal whatever occured. Why else would they remain a secret almost 3 years later?

I also agree, based on the discovery id disappeared clip, whatever occured likely occured in the bathroom while Mr. Harrod was getting ready for his day. I'm really looking forward to seeing whatever additional info LE is going to release when the show airs.

In the past, when I have seen the show, LE usually offers additional info not previously released to the public. Just a few more months.

Hey guys, I'm on thread 3 now! Anyhow, I looked and never found anything but a private FB for Mr. Harrod. How the heck that helps find him is beyond me, but then again, I am pretty sure that's the point - it is not intended that his actual body be found.

So, my question is, why can't we make a page for Mr. Harrod? Along with links to his lovely romance, newspaper articles about the case, etc.?

Websleuths is awesome but social media might be helpful and clearly, the family do not care enough to do such a thing. So, why don't we?

The original FB page for Mr. Harrod (eta the one which is now private) was started by an advocate for the missing and later turned over to Bob's daughters. They (Bob's daughters) used the FB page to sleuth those who joined and outed their personal information when they connected them to WS.

I'd be very careful using FB for Mr. Harrod's case. Bob's daughters are not and have never used it to find their dad. They've used it to post nasty things about his current wife. 50 year old photo's that would do nothing to help find their dad, and to sleuth and harrass those seeking answers.

That's just my take on it.

The original FB page for Mr. Harrod (eta the one which is now private) was started by an advocate for the missing and later turned over to Bob's daughters. They (Bob's daughters) used the FB page to sleuth those who joined and outed their personal information when they connected them to WS.

I'd be very careful using FB for Mr. Harrod's case. Bob's daughters are not and have never used it to find their dad. They've used it to post nasty things about his current wife. 50 year old photo's that would do nothing to help find their dad, and to sleuth and harrass those seeking answers.

That's just my take on it.

So they would simply derail it? But couldn't the person who creates the site simply monitor and block them if they try to do that?

They could. It's a lot of work. I'm really not FB savy. I leave the FB stuff to those who are better at it than I. I just know there don't seem to be many ways to moderate FB. Though, I think a page could be set up to allow only the owner to make comments and turn off replies. That might be an idea, if someone wants to set up a page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine