TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree EI. If thats the case I would still have to wonder why she hasn't contacted anyone.

Missie--I pmed some info to you, let me know if you want me to post it for everyone.

Why she might not contact you? I am not a professional psych, but perhaps she is trying to leave that part of her life behind because it is traumatic for her? Perhaps she is ashamed? Maybe she did get into drugs and by the time she got out, so many yrs passed to go back again? Maybe she did get pregnant and did not want to see your grandmothers disapproval? Whether rational or not, people do things that we do not always understand, even people we love. Perhaps she is scared that you will be mad at her for not contacting you all these years? Who knows, but perhaps all she needs is for you to take the first step, and if we can find her, then it is up to you, Amy, and Becki to take that first step. I really think she is alive. She may not know that you are looking for her, and she may not know that you care so much. She could be missing you all everyday, but not sure how to reach out, or scared to reach out etc. At one point in my life, about 16 years ago, I wanted to just completely walk away from everyone and everything. My family life was NOT good, I felt alone, and I felt like I just wanted to start all over fresh. I didn't walk away, and I am glad I didn't, but I do know this. If I had walked away, I doubt I would have looked back. I was that desperate. Desperation can sometimes make people do things they normally would not do. All you can do is love and forgive her, and show her that she is someone you want in your life---what she does with that is up to her. You have to be strong enough to understand that she may not want a relationship when you find her, or she may absolutely want one.

Ok, back to work: Have you searched her social lately? Perhaps she did not know she had one and applied for a new one? The new info you have provided is good info. The PM I sent is regarding FL, but I have no idea if it is relevent, it is your call. I did do a search for every Deanna with her birth year and have the following:

Deanna M Anderson

View Details
Age 34
Plano, TX
Princeton, TX
Olathe, KS
Kansas City, KS
Overland Park, KS

Deanna M Foster

View Details
Age 33
El Paso, TX
Gulfport, MS
Kansas City, MO
Biloxi, MS
Pearl Harbor, HI

Deanna Michele Redfield

View Details
Age 35
Austin, TX
College Station, TX
Nacogdoches, TX
Lake St Louis, MO
Saint Peters, MO

Deanna M Absher

View Details
Age 32
Lufkin, TX
Plano, TX
Katy, TX
Dallas, TX
Benton, IL

Deanna M Wirl

View Details
Age 31
Houston, TX
Pasadena, TX
Sterling, IL
Morris, IL
Oshkosh, WI

Deanna M Santonelli

View Details
Age 33
Plano, TX
Plainfield, IL
Bolingbrook, IL
Crest Hill, IL
Hayward, WI

OMG--Look at these three! The last one is of interest because she may have made herself "older" to get jobs etc when she was in her teens:

Deanna M Pemberton

View Details
Age 31
Killeen, TX
Ft Leonard Wd, MO
Brighton, IL
Caulfield, MO

Deanna Michell Robinson

View Details
Age 33
Killeen, TX
Knightdale, NC
Raleigh, NC
Mebane, NC
Apo, AP

Deanna Michelle Sharpnack

View Details
Age 38
Temple, TX
Killeen, TX
Kellogg, IA
Newton, IA
Ottumwa, IA

On a different search, there are only six Deanna's that come up under the whole country, with her exact birthdate. One of those if the FL one I pmed you. The others are:

Deanna C Johnson- From Georgia
Deanna Nokes-Las Vegas, NV
Deanna T Grant- Chicago, IL, IA, and IN
Deanna L Blunt- Michigan
Deanna K Johnson- AL

I agree EI. If thats the case I would still have to wonder why she hasn't contacted anyone.

I may be grasping at straws here, and I'm usually a fan of keeping my thoughts simple, but I had a thought about why there some apparent oddities about LE having information and not wanting to share it.

Feel free to disregard this idea.

It could be possible that during the early days of simply surviving, your sister encountered undesirable people, or maybe even witnessed a traumatic event.

She could be a protected witness as a result. I have no idea how much detail is given to families who are in daily contact with protected witnesses, let alone a person who was estraged.

A new name, social security etc would be given to her.
LE would know of her tatoos etc.
LE would be torn between letting the family know she was safe and continuing to protect her new identity.

I know I sound bizarre, I'm sorry.

Thank you Jules for all of your hard work!! I'm at a loss....what should we do with all of these names? I think we need to start with the FL. lead.

NSS, I suppose your theory could be possible. I would think that if that were the case they would not open a new case, and all that. And why would they do an age progression-or at least start one?
I'm not trying to debunk your theory-because anything is possible. Does anyone know, or is there any way to find out what protocol they typically follow in a protective custody/ missing person?

Ok everyone--I found a Deanna in Florida with the same birthdate as DM, and ran it by Missie before I posted it here.

Available

HOLLYWOOD, FL

Possible Relatives:

I zabasearched both her and Luis, and have a phone number, which Missie now has.

Interestingly, there is also a Luis L Calderon in Ft. Worth,TX born in 1958, who could be a father or relative of Luis L of Florida. There are also Calderons in the Killeen area, so it could be possible. I have not been able to find a marriage certificate for this person, so perhaps this is a maiden name. All the names appear to be hispanic, so either this Deanna married into a hispanic family or is a daughter of this family and not our Deanna. Can someone help me see if there is a marriage certificate? If not, then I think we can rule out this person, as Sgt D thought there was a marriage cert for our Deanna. Missie--did he indicate to you at all if Deanna would have changed her name or was using her middle name or something? How did he find the Deanna with tattoos in Dallas, and why did he think there was a marriage cert for her in Florida? I am still reading through all the old threads we have for Deanna to see if there is something we missed, I really wish we could find a friend or confidant of Deanna's that may know more than they have revealed in the past. Missie, how much older was Skipper Smith? If he was Deanna's age, perhaps his parents remember her coming over to their house and may have some info?

Missie--When is the last time you talked to Sgt D? When you talk to him, is he friendly, or does he just brush you off. Have you ever asked him straight out if he has been in contact with Deanna and does she just not want contact with the family? Did you ever get DNA submitted? Does Sgt D know about Websleuths? Would you come here to give his insight and let us help him, since he is so overworked? I know he made a promise to you, and I intend to help him keep that promise....

Does your Grandma and family know that you are actively searching for Deanna? Have they offered any input or suggestions? Whatever happened to those friends of your sisters who started the message thread at the Killeen Daily Herald?

IIRC she was last seen getting into a car with 2 men who were possibly Hispanic.

Missie, sorry about all the questions, but I am going through all the old posts, and things are coming up...

In July 2007 you said that the case may be changed to a murder case--whatever happened to that, and why did Sgt D think that? At one time it seemed that you were scared of someone(s) in Killeen, is that still the case? Also, Bekki met the DA at one point in time, who seemed interested in helping you out--can you contact him again and light a fire under them? I know at one time Sgt D talked to your stepfather. What happened with that conversation? I believe that you have a right to see the records that LE has on Deanna, and at this point in time maybe you should be requesting them.

One thing I wanted to throw out there--at one time a bunch of us were searching obits from 1995 in case Deanna changed her name. What about if that is when she got married, so that is when she "dropped off the radar"? Maybe instead of search obits, we should be searching marriage certificates from 1995 from the Dallas area?

Would Deanna have known your grandmothers last name was Varner?

What does your gut tell you Missie? Do you think your stepfather is involved? Do you think she ran away?

There are several Deanna M's with various last names around TX--I do not want to list all the names here, but you can do an intelius.com search.

Could she have joined the military, with Ft Hood there, or met someone from the military? I know, I know...anything is possible, right?

Missie--Do you have a facebook setup for Deanna?

Lastly, when looking on ancestor.com, your mother has a different spelling of her name for Deanna's birth record than the rest of you--it may be irrelevent, but curious.

Oh--I just thought of something....I wonder if there is a way we could contact tattoo places in TX to see who did her tattoos, and if they know/knew anything about her. I am so curious about these tattoos--how do the police know that she had these??? They are fairly distinctive, so I would think a tattoo place might remember them??

Jules!!! So many questions!
I'm pretty sure Sgt.D knows about WS. I just sent him an email asking him if he would tell us if she's still alive and wanted no contact with us-so we'll see. My family does know we're searching for her-they are trying to help. Not sure what happened with the KDH thread. Not sure if Bekki still knows how to contact that DA, I will see. Sgt.D is the one who said it may end up a murder case but that was before he foudn the tattoo lead. I am not afraid of those in Killeen. I was worried when i thought it was possibly a murder case and maybe people didn't want me digging. Not sure if Deanna would know our Grandmas maiden name, but she does knwo the name she uses which is merryfield.

How is the name spelled on the birth record for Deanna? Shouldn't hers and Bekki's be the same since they are twins?
As far as the tattoo shoppes-not sure where to start. Wouldn't their be thousands? TX is a big place and there's no way of knowing where she got it, so how would we figure it out, since they were done at a minimum 14yrs ago?

Very true about the tattoo shops. I guess I was thinking of starting in Dallas around 1995, but we have no way of knowing where she was before that, so it is a needle in a haystack. I would love to see some of the old websleuthers back here helping us out--where are you guys??? As far as your mother, I do not want to post her name here without your ok, but on Deannas, her name is spelled with two R's. I too was confused about that, as Bekkis lists your mothers name one way(with one R), but Deannas is spelled differently. I wonder if she did a birth certificate request and misspelled it, and that is what was placed in the records. I wonder if there is a way to see if she has requested a copy of her birth cert? Sgt D might be able to look into that with the state of TX. I wish Sgt D could understand that we are not the enemy, we want to help, and may find something that he does not have time to research. Since we are volunteers, we do this in our own time and do not have hundreds of other cases that we are getting paid to solve, like he does.

Jules!!! So many questions!
I'm pretty sure Sgt.D knows about WS. I just sent him an email asking him if he would tell us if she's still alive and wanted no contact with us-so we'll see. My family does know we're searching for her-they are trying to help. Not sure what happened with the KDH thread. Not sure if Bekki still knows how to contact that DA, I will see. Sgt.D is the one who said it may end up a murder case but that was before he foudn the tattoo lead. I am not afraid of those in Killeen. I was worried when i thought it was possibly a murder case and maybe people didn't want me digging. Not sure if Deanna would know our Grandmas maiden name, but she does knwo the name she uses which is merryfield.

How is the name spelled on the birth record for Deanna? Shouldn't hers and Bekki's be the same since they are twins?
As far as the tattoo shoppes-not sure where to start. Wouldn't their be thousands? TX is a big place and there's no way of knowing where she got it, so how would we figure it out, since they were done at a minimum 14yrs ago?

I believe Sgt.D has checked to see if there were any requests for her birth certificate and SSN and nothing came up. That is odd about the two R's but I supoose stranger things have happened.

I have been thinking more about the protective custody theory and NSS please know I mean you no offense. I want you to keep the theories coming! However, I have to wonder if they would be so willing to have her pic and info up on the NCMEC and NCIC if they were trying to "hide" her-wouldn't that be counterproductive? Just thinking out loud here.

On a different search, there are only six Deanna's that come up under the whole country, with her exact birthdate. One of those if the FL one I pmed you. The others are:

Deanna C Johnson- From Georgia
Deanna Nokes-Las Vegas, NV
Deanna T Grant- Chicago, IL, IA, and IN
Deanna L Blunt- Michigan
Deanna K Johnson- AL

So we should try to take these names and see if we can find marriage certs for them? Is that how we should move forward here?

You guys are doing awesome work and I am happy to see this renewed interest in Deanna's case.

Salem

Thanks Salem! I think we need to start with the FL. one and work from there as it seems to be the one with most possibility.

Missie, have you tried to make contact with the FL lead?

BTW, i don't post much, but have kept up with your search and wish you the best. It was one of the first ones I started following.

Raindrops, I have not but Sgt.D did and said it is not Deanna

I believe Sgt.D has checked to see if there were any requests for her birth certificate and SSN and nothing came up. That is odd about the two R's but I supoose stranger things have happened.

I have been thinking more about the protective custody theory and NSS please know I mean you no offense. I want you to keep the theories coming! However, I have to wonder if they would be so willing to have her pic and info up on the NCMEC and NCIC if they were trying to "hide" her-wouldn't that be counterproductive? Just thinking out loud here.

This is a very good thought Missy! and probably rules out the protective custody issue. I think you are entirely right. NSS - it was a good theory and worth consideration. Every theory, is like every unidentified - every one you can rule out will bring you closer to the true one.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member