Andrea Lyons ~ Tapes and Lectures And RECENT MEDIA

Did I hear her defending the FBI in the arson case?

how do you fast forward thru malzberg show?

Here is one she did yesterday with Steve Malzberg..

http://www.wor710.com/pages/419284.php

I am getting ready to listen but apparently it gets heated.

Andrea Lyon discusses her book Angel of Death Row on the Steve Malzberg Show. Andrea became very combative when asked about the Casey Anthony Trial, which she is the defense attorney for, and would not support her statements exclaiming Casey Anthony is innocent. Quote from intro to story.

You can't forward through it and there are other stories prior to it....just a heads up. Steve uses racy language that may offend some.

Thanks so much for bringing this particular radio show to our attention. (And the podcasts) Speaking of bungling public relations, I was shocked that as a death penalty opponent she wasn't able to easily roll the name of one individual who has been wrongly put to death for a crime he/she didn't commit! No, really shocked! And Steve took full advantage of it. If Andrea is really going to promote her book and her beliefs I really believe she needs to work on her really short fuse and develop thicker skin.

PS: I wish I'd said what you said in post #13 - heh heh

The reason I look for these lectures, interviews, and podcasts, is because it gives us a unique look at her "game", her "strategy", her M.O. . With a case this high profile and the behavior of the defense team.....I think it only fair to demonstrate their "thought process". I don't begrudge anyone their methods or their "tools"......but if you are trying to achieve the goal of saving lives due to your moral beliefs, then perhaps you should exercise some respect for the intelligence of those not on trial. JMO.....

I have a favor to ask of fellow members...........This comes from me....ordinary average poster.......please listen to, evaluate, and discuss the AL interviews like the professionals that we all are. I think that the interviews are quite interesting given the multitude of AL personalities we are seeing. She IMO is attempting to "play to her audience" and failing IMO to show any consistency in her demeanor or opinions. For example......Steve Malzberg is known to stir it up....he is brash and "in your face" it's his "thing". I think that Andrea went into the interview with her guard up and on alert. She morphed into someone "not to mess with". Her interview with Meredith Viera demonstrated an entirely different demeanor. She appears one way in court, yet resorts to "bullying" outside the courthouse. She portrays herself as the "advocate" for preserving life yet seems not to respect those who oppose her. Let's be sure to discuss the real contradictions in her actions and refrain from just "bashing". Bashing is for other forums.....we are far better AND brighter than that. Climbing off soapbox and hiding behind sofa. HeeHee

This is not directed to ANYONE.......I just anticipate it heating up.

I have a favor to ask of fellow members...........This comes from me....ordinary average poster.......please listen to, evaluate, and discuss the AL interviews like the professionals that we all are. I think that the interviews are quite interesting given the multitude of AL personalities we are seeing. She IMO is attempting to "play to her audience" and failing IMO to show any consistency in her demeanor or opinions. For example......Steve Malzberg is known to stir it up....he is brash and "in your face" it's his "thing". I think that Andrea went into the interview with her guard up and on alert. She morphed into someone "not to mess with". Her interview with Meredith Viera demonstrated an entirely different demeanor. She appears one way in court, yet resorts to "bullying" outside the courthouse. She portrays herself as the "advocate" for preserving life yet seems not to respect those who oppose her. Let's be sure to discuss the real contradictions in her actions and refrain from just "bashing". Bashing is for other forums.....we are far better AND brighter than that. Climbing off soapbox and hiding behind sofa. HeeHee

This is not directed to ANYONE.......I just anticipate it heating up.

Amen! :)

I listened to the podcast, interesting.

Cost versus Benefit?

While AL should have known what to expect at this interview she does do herself a dis-service both in terms of the KC case and her book. She definitely needs a PR person as a handler but also needs to try to bring people on board to care about her mission and work rather than be seen as AL against the world and treat it confrontationally.

She needs to educate and raise awareness. I think that the issue is, she took on the KC case to enable publicity for her book but it is a double-edged sword in that while it garners the publicity ..... people are very passionate about the case and Justice for Caylee.

AL needs to pick one. Either promote your book and your anti-DP message OR defend KC. To me they are in conflict since KC is the wrong person to use to gain public support and sympathy that she should not face Murder 1 and the DP. AL needed someone she can soft sell to aid her work not someone who creates such passion.

Thanks! I listened! Sooo... people are AFRAID to talk to the defense? Gee... maybe it's because the defense loves to throw innocent people under the bus ? The whole population HATES KC? Couldn't be due to anything KC has done, could it? AL's just as obnoxious as Baez! KC seems to have that effect on people, doesn't she? (CA for example :snooty:)

I would imagine they would expect the public to be upset with this case. Filing that motion during RK's deposition was a big mistake. Videos of the ex-wives broadcasted when they knew there would be little chance we would see them otherwise, another mistake. I know it is the defense's job to create reasonable doubt but the public obviously does not feel this was reasonable. This is not a case of KC saying "Bibbity Bobbity Boo" and the public screaming "She's a witch, let's burn her." This is a case where all the evidence/information released so far points directly at KC. You want it to die down....stay away from the media. Everytime they show up on a TV show we have three threads or more going strong at the same time. They know what they are suppose to do....but then that won't sell any books. JMO

Her reasoning is just bizarre. Saying the death penalty is not a deterrent and does not make society safer. Ok, that may be, but is prison a deterrent? Does imprisoning criminals make society safer or less safe than the death penalty? Clearly imprisonment is more dangerous to society and other human lives, because the criminal can still harm people/other inmates. Neither is perfect, but imprisonment is more dangerous than the death penalty in terms of potential harm to society.Following her 'logic', there should be no imprisonment either.

Andrea's PI Mort has been hot and heavy trying to investigate any person involved in the case as well as KC's past. I find it so iteresting that during his "filming" Crystal Sparks that he begins the video by saying......."I met with you a few weeks ago and you told us some things we want to put on (then quickly corrects himself to say)capture on video. He asked minimal questions and allowed her to blather on about her speculations, opinions, etc.......This interview was extremely coached. She was "prompted" to further elaborate after she seemed to have completed her thought. She completes a "story" of his verbal abuse and then Mort asks her to discuss the physical abuse they had previously talked about. This and his other interviews were done for the sole purpose of creating a basis for "rolling the bus". Crystal slips though and says that while RK had their son in Key West.....that he was "just mouthing". Sounds far different from "he took my son and I feared I would never see him again". AL wants these "interviews (though I dare say it was more of a monologue as it was not a question and answer session) to USE. If Mort was conducting an interview.........he would have taped the first meeting....NOT the come back and let's get it on tape. Mort and Andrea have discussed in lectures that the tape could come back to bite you. Looks like they were taking their own advice.

I declare madatory listening for this podcast.

I completely look forward to it! However, I'm one of those super moms who have to juggle everything at once. I will try to listen late tonight, after kids are in bed, but it might have to wait until tomorrow night (or possibly even this weekend).

Anyone willing to paraphrase as much as possible, I would really appreciate it! That said, I'll still listen, because nothing will beat the words & tone that come out of AL own mouth.

I listened. I wish wish wish that Steve would interview CA and GA. THAT would be priceless!

When you think about it if you were a defense attorney and wanted to keep the spotlight off your client, wanted things to die down a little you would say a few things JB has stated if they shove a mike in your face but the media interviews just do not make sense. UNLESS you are thinking of doing a book after the trial. JB has certainly given us alot to talk about but if he would always have replied "No comment", who would want to buy his book. JMO

Un-freaken-beliable! I am partially through the podcast and I'm listening to the side of AL that gets herself kicked out of courtrooms......(she's "bragged" about this before). YIKES.

JMO

1. I can't say I'm surprised by any of this - I've yet to meet a defense attourney I could respect.

2. Wow, did KC get what she deserved or what? A team of narcissists almost as self-enamored as she is!

Thanks so much for bringing this particular radio show to our attention. (And the podcasts) Speaking of bungling public relations, I was shocked that as a death penalty opponent she wasn't able to easily roll the name of one individual who has been wrongly put to death for a crime he/she didn't commit! No, really shocked! And Steve took full advantage of it. If Andrea is really going to promote her book and her beliefs I really believe she needs to work on her really short fuse and develop thicker skin.
PS: I wish I'd said what you said in post #13 - heh heh

Not only that... she needs to try to humanize herself so that she thinks about her cases as real people rather than just her "wins" or "losses"!

I started to listen to the same old same old and ended up holding my breath almost throughout the whole show. This guy was really quite obnoxious and for me it was - yippee, a bully and a bully - wonder if it will be a knock down drag out. Awash in sarcasm from Steve - "really Andrea, the Salem Witch Trials" to the name me one defendant - just one who has been wrongly put to death.

I see that Andrea talks a good story about studying and manipulating her prey, but no way has she practiced congenial combativeness. When she was responding to some of the questions, I knew exactly what expression she had on her face because we've seen it before when she has met her match. When Andrea first came on the scene I was pretty intimidated by her reputation. I just assumed she'd be a "smooth operator" and therefore dangerous. But there is that old saying (that maybe I just made up - dunno) You must first have full control of yourself before you can control others. This is a woman who hasn't accepted the full scope of her own personality yet because she fails to understand and develop armor for her triggers.

Just IMO of course.

1. I can't say I'm surprised by any of this - I've yet to meet a defense attourney I could respect.

2. Wow, did KC get what she deserved or what? A team of narcissists almost as self-enamored as she is!

It's weird but I have a dual reaction to some of this stuff - like defense attorneys, etc.
I may not be buying what they are selling, but that doesn't stop me from observing their presentation style, listening to the way they put together a rebuttal, or are able to think on their feet very quickly and intelligently.

In other words, their style fascinates me and in many ways I'll admire it, but make no mistake, I don't believe what they are saying - if that makes any sense at all to anyone.

Andrea Lyon and Emily Hughes

http://www.law.depaul.edu/centers_institutes/cjcc/pdf/juanita_thomas.pdf

things to note.......
pages 10-11 For example, as we began to talk with jurors, we talked about how the interviews went and developed new ways to frame certain questions with the next set of jurors.

page 13 We divided the record and began planning how to reinvestigate the facts of the case.
What do I mean by that? I mean we investigate: 1) the facts of Juanita’s life -- at least insofar as they impacted her case; 2) the facts of her defense attorney's pre-trial investigation and conduct of the trial; 3) the facts, both in and out of court, that surrounded her trial and appeal; 4) the facts of the actual homicide; and 5) the facts of the official investigation into the homicide.

page 31 Discussion about visiting jurors after the trial.

page 41 Arguing ineffectual counsel for the defense NOT realizing they were being sabotaged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back