17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, he called the non emergency number. We don't know how long it would have taken them to arrive if there hadn't been 911 calls of a shooting. Maybe they were on the way and would have arrived the same time regardless, but I think it's fair to think that GZ was thinking it might be quite some time before they arrived.

It doesn't matter who he called, or how long it took to get there. It was beyond GZ's responsibilities to do more than observe. He's Neighborhood "Watch" not Neighborhood "Police."

He observed, he called, end of story...or at least it should have been.

:gasp: RE Zimmerman's myspace account <--Yahoo news.com hyperlink

....username was “datniggytb,” ...... “datniggytb” name is not a racial slur, but a friendly nickname that referred to George himself.

“That was an old nickname his black friends gave him,” the Zimmerman family member said. “He didn’t have an issue with the profile name.”

Asked about the significance of the letters “tb” at the end of the username, the family member insisted that they did not stand for Trayvon Benjamin, his shooting victim’s first and middle names.

:gasp:

What is disheartening, is that we know from another Florida case it is the state of mind DURING the crime that is allowed.

I wonder if any of these friends have come forward to defend GZ ????

He ordered four peanut butter sandwiches.

Oh please let's not start this again. Saw enough of this with the CA thread. I really don't think it has anything to do with the case anyway.:luv:

Well, to be fair, a source close to GZ outed his page, one that waffled back and forth with yes it's him, no it's not him, wait it's an old page of his. GZ really needs to tell people around him to shut their mouths. They are only making this case worse and worse for him. Of course, he shouldn't have had the page in the first place, but I wouldn't be surprised if it really was his.

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-mys...tniggy-family-insists-innocent-214803518.html

Initially, the family member denied that Zimmerman was responsible for the MySpace page, saying “George doesn’t use MySpace,” and reinforced that claim during a subsequent phone call.

“All I can tell you is that it didn’t come from him. He doesn’t have a MySpace account. He never has. Anything personal online like that was shut down already … I just talked to George. It’s not him.”

At that point, the source seemed concerned that someone had hacked into Zimmerman’s email account to gain access to personal photos and other inside information about the case.

“He’s been trying to get personal photos together,” the family member said. “I emailed him a bunch of photos. I sent it to him on that … account. I’m worried sick. It only exists between me and him.”

“Oh, God. I’d better call you back. … He has lots of personal stuff on there.”

But in a third phone call, the same family source changed course.

“I talked out of school a little bit,” he conceded. “That was actually an old MySpace page of his.”

While the family member insisted that George “had forgotten all about that page,” TheDC confirmed that the account was actively being used every day between April 6 and April 11. By default, MySpace shows a “last login” date on its users’ pages.

I'm sure the DOJ and FBI are looking into this. At least I hope so.

wm

I wonder if any of these friends have come forward to defend GZ ????
Oddly no one has except an estranged bro, a father, and a friend....all of whom are doing more harm than good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The same reason why Zimmerman's family deleted his.

~jmo~
Exactly. Thank you. It doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious that a social networking account gets deleted in the middle of a high-profile case. That applies to both Martin and Zimmerman equally.

Exactly. Thank you. It doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious that a social networking account gets deleted in the middle of a high-profile case. That applies to both Martin and Zimmerman equally.

I don't think TM's had a certain offensive nickname on it. That is important since GZ is being accused by a lot of people of being racist. That's proof right there with that nickname. I haven't seen TM's twitter, but I doubt his was as offensive at GZ's MS. And TM is not being accused of being racist anyway.

I'm not really blaming TM but I'm blaming him for what I think he could have done! I can't read that 2nd paragraph any other way. TM is the victim here. He's dead. Since we don't know what happened, how can anyone say what either TM or GZ could have done, at that point? :waitasec:

GZ's booking reports states he is 5'10", 185 pounds. So, not much shorter than TM and about 40-50 pounds heavier, if he has indeed lost weight since the shooting. He might be a little on the heavy side but I doubt he's all flab and no muscle. :moo:

I respect the board owner's decision to treat both TM and GZ as victims in this incident, but TM is always the victim in this. He's DEAD. I believe GZ is the victim of his own bad judgement. :moo:

According to this link the booking report states 5'8". Is there another one out there that states something different?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Zi...ases/-/1637132/10669648/-/4cq1em/-/index.html

I'm not really blaming TM but I'm blaming him for what I think he could have done! I can't read that 2nd paragraph any other way. TM is the victim here. He's dead. Since we don't know what happened, how can anyone say what either TM or GZ could have done, at that point? :waitasec:

GZ's booking reports states he is 5'10", 185 pounds. So, not much shorter than TM and about 40-50 pounds heavier, if he has indeed lost weight since the shooting. He might be a little on the heavy side but I doubt he's all flab and no muscle. :moo:

I respect the board owner's decision to treat both TM and GZ as victims in this incident, but TM is always the victim in this. He's DEAD. I believe GZ is the victim of his own bad judgement. :moo:

BBM

That was before any charges were brought against GZ...he is clearly the agressor and I believe the staff here see that GZ is no longer perceived as a victim...

and why GZ would call the SA and not follow his lawyers advice etc. GZ does not believe he has done anything wrong. He believes he is a good, law abiding person who has acted in the best interest of his community and even though he had to kill someone, he was performing his "duties" and Trayvon "interfered" or did not acquiesce to his authority and so his death was his own fault.

He may be delusional, self absobed or just a product of his upbringing but I honestly don't think he really feels any true guilt about what happened or that there is anything wrong with following someone with a gun just because of what's going on in your own head even though they aren't doing anything objectively suspicious.

His other family members sounded similarly insensitive to the consequences of GZ's actions and intensely focused on their own mistreatment by the public and the authorities. Even his friend Frank says AC "sold us out" or something like that. These seem like people who feel they occupy a special place in the community, a higher place and are deserving of the public's respect and the benefit of every doubt. Just like Frank keeps talking about all the black burglars to justify what GZ did. None of these people seem to have used what happened as an opportunity to critically review whether what they are advocating is a good idea or whether maybe this armed vigilante patrolling may be a tad problematic.

For those who watched Piers Morgan last night, what do you think GZ's lawyer meant when he said, "GZ is surprised that eveyone does not see him (GZ) the way he sees himself" ????

No, I know nothing about TM's twitter, but that shouldn't matter. TM was the VICTIM here and should not be smeared for his Twitter account. He was a teenager. He is not expected to have the best judgment when it comes to Twitter and texting. GZ is an adult. He should know better than to have a racial slur as a nickname on his MS page.
Do you know when he created the MySpace account?

Do you know when he created the MySpace account?

No, I don't, sorry. But a link to the article that talked about it was posted earlier today. I don't know if it mentioned when the account was made, but it did mention it was used as late as April 11 (I assume this year) before it was cancelled.

CP, was TM's killing in an area that would have allowed GZ to strike his head on that green garbage/poop scoop thingy along the walkway?

According to the version told by Robert Zimmerman in the Sean Hannity interview, the answer would be yes. That is near the point where the 2 sidewalks meet.

According to the location of the body per the SPD narrative and the SFD dispatch recording, however, the answer would be that it seem's unlikely.

TMSneak.jpg

No, I don't, sorry. But a link to the article that talked about it was posted earlier today. I don't know if it mentioned when the account was made, but it did mention it was used as late as April 11 (I assume this year) before it was cancelled.

And wasn't April 11 the day of his arrest?

Due to being shot dead within two minutes...

No one should be placing blame on the victim and TM is the victim....:banghead:
WHERE IS THE BLAME :waitasec:
I see curiosity - your translation is baffling. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads