TH Restricted from Possessing Firearms; Media petitions to have RO unsealed

hmmmmmmm id say something big is going down real soon

KOIN Local 6 management feels this is of high public interest and the more information that is revealed in this case leads to a greater likelihood there will be answers about what happened to Kyron Horman.

Ugh. Media just circling because of blood in the water. We DON'T need to know what's in the RO. If LE, the FBI and/or the judge feels that the information inside may be sensitive and need to be kept quiet because of the investigation, then it should stay sealed. Petitioning to unseal has very little to do with actually generating tips and all the more to do with the media trying to ratchet up their rumor mongering, IMHO.

I disagree, why can't we know what is in the ro?

Is the RO that DY put out on KH when she was pregnant sealed?Has anyone posted it or seen it?

I disagree, why can't we know what is in the ro?

the RO reiterates the allegations in the form filled out for the RO. In my state, it includes a copy of the actual information sworn to by the Petitioner. Here, it sounds like those allegations are critical to the investigation (and may include LE's representations), so disclosing the RO would be the same as disclosing those particulars. jmo

Is the RO that DY put out on KH when she was pregnant sealed?Has anyone posted it or seen it?
seen it.. completely different. not to mention this time around Kaine and D are signing their names to police statements and standing hand in hand while TM does nothing but hide in her house and post to facebook, etc..

I say find Kyron FIRST, then let the media do its job. I am not going to lie and say I'm not very curious about what was said , but, there is a time and a place for everything in life.

Winterrose we aren't sleuthing out any of the players to that degree until someone is arrested, named a POI or suspect..... hold that thought! :)

The publics right to know, should never impede on an investigation, it specifically states that the motion was sealed to protect the investigation into Kyrons disappearance. That is all I need to know.
This statement irritates me : KOIN Local 6 management feels this is of high public interest and the more information that is revealed in this case leads to a greater likelihood there will be answers about what happened to Kyron Horman.
We can get answers when Kyron is found, Kyron being found is important not feeding our curiousity.
You can read the motion to seal the RO here:
http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/0629/24087136.pdf

I really can't wait until there is a day when we change the rules and you guys can sleuth more. So just saying you had better check that Thread Etiquette several times a day so you will know when you can. :biggrin: :angel:

...it sounds like those allegations are critical to the investigation (and may include LE's representations), so disclosing the RO would be the same as disclosing those particulars. jmo

Exactly my impression too....that disclosing the details behind the RO would compromise the investigation.

What's the law in Oregon regarding these cases ? I don't like exceptions to the laws, if it's supposed to be public record, they need to release it. Open record laws exist to protect citizens. What if there wasn't enough evidence to deny her the right to see her child and the records were sealed to cover up that fact ? I don't think that's the case here, but there's no way of knowing that if the record is sealed. I do think they should be banned from printing the name's of minors in the press.

The media can petition all they want. It's up to the judge to weigh the merits of the petitioner's claims regarding the " high interest of the public's right to know" against the sensitive nature of an ongoing investigation into a missing/endangered 7 year old little boy.

The RO was sealed for a reason, and the stated reason was to "protect the investigation".

It would surprise me if that decision to seal the RO is reversed. If it's unsealed prior to an arrest & indictment of a suspect, it will likely be a redacted version that is released to the public.

Exactly my impression too....that disclosing the details behind the RO would compromise the investigation.

oh...oh...this just occurred to me! Since TH now has the RO which includes the allegations it was based on, and if those allegations include matters by or from LE that are critical to the investigation (which the issuing judge says they are) and pertain to her (which they must), she now KNOWS what Kaine says LE is really thinking. Speculation alert:::: so she believes that (1) Kaine has lied ----since she still claimed after being served (at least through friends) that she's not a POI as far as LE is concerned; and (2) she's wanting to talk to the media, maybe to set THAT record straight.

Oh media...there's a time and a place to fight for info like this. NOW is not that time! Talk about looking desperately for a story instead of concentrating on finding poor Kyron!

I really can't wait until there is a day when we change the rules and you guys can sleuth more. So just saying you had better check that Thread Etiquette several times a day so you will know when you can. :biggrin: :angel:
actually that needs to really be stressed over and over (as you guys have been doing and great job keeping it clean here) because the rules seem to change all the time and what can be okay to post one minute may not be okay the next.

What's the law in Oregon regarding these cases ? I don't like exceptions to the laws, if it's supposed to be public record, they need to release it. Open record laws exist to protect citizens. What if there wasn't enough evidence to deny her the right to see her child and the records were sealed to cover up that fact ? I don't think that's the case here, but there's no way of knowing that if the record is sealed. I do think they should be banned from printing the name's of minors in the press.

BBM

The judge knows, and the judge made the decision to seal.

I want to know too, but if it's going to ensure justice for Kyron, then leave me in the dark.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back