NC - Fourth-grader sends nude pictures to strangers online, authorities say

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Not that it really matters in terms of how horrifying this story is - but Boiling Springs/Cleveland County is in North Carolina, not Washington. I see that it was a Seattle news site reposting the article, which is probably where the confusion came from.

Fourth grade?!?! That is so scary. We have had high schools around here opt not to do internet safety assemblies because parents don't want to upset their kids. Fourth grade?!? I can't even imagine.

So awful. Poor baby, fourth grade! That's what? Nine years old? :(

I have plenty of words but I probably would get banned if I use them! :mad:
Said so much better than I could put it. The world is getting to be a very scary place especially for our children [emoji26] I was playing with Barbie at age 9..

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Said so much better than I could put it. The world is getting to be a very scary place especially for our children [emoji26] I was playing with Barbie at age 9..

BBM

You said it just fine! :) What's really funny is that I wouldn't let our now 45 year old daughter play with Barbies when she was really young because I thought it sent a very sexualized and unrealistic body message to little girls. We bought her the homesteading "Sunshine Family" instead since we had goats and chickens and a garden LOL. Finally, she nagged so much that I told her she could buy her own Barbie with her own money. So she did when she was about ten. She got her Barbie and I didn't compromise my principles tooooo much. Win-win. I don't think I could stand to raise a child of either gender now. It's crazy scary!

You actually may be on to something. . I have 2 boys and a girl. All under age 4. It is terrifying what I am going to have to prepare them for. Definitely not the same world I grew up in.

WHY WHY WHY is a 4th grader on the internet UNSUPERVISED. UGH. What the heck is WRONG with parents these days. Children should NOT be online unsupervised, period. It should be Child Endangerment for a parent to allow this!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back