Girl with glasses - the missing AK girl?

Claudette

Reaction score
I know LE has stated that one of the missing might be from AK and I have seen you all post different thoughts. I personally think the side-profile girl with the glasses Here & Here is Megan Emerick.

Both her picture on the doe network and this girl have the exact same expression. Same eyes at the same angle, same nose, same long, thin face shape, same mouth. I know they suspected a serial killer but there was no evidence to support it. Emerick looks cleaner and more put together in the doe picture, but if it is her in his photos she was a runaway at that point and probably didn’t take care of herself like she had. I have not seen anyone else post this theory. Thoughts?

I know LE has stated that one of the missing might be from AK and I have seen you all post different thoughts. I personally think the side-profile girl with the glasses Here & Here is Megan Emerick.

Both her picture on the doe network and this girl have the exact same expression. Same eyes at the same angle, same nose, same long, thin face shape, same mouth. I know they suspected a serial killer but there was no evidence to support it. Emerick looks cleaner and more put together in the doe picture, but if it is her in his photos she was a runaway at that point and probably didn’t take care of herself like she had. I have not seen anyone else post this theory. Thoughts?

In checking out the timeline in this forum, RA was incarcerated in 1973.

That's when she disappeared though, if she was in Alaska and went to Washington or California, some time probably passed before they met.

I have to bring this back once more, I will let it go if it passes through again :)

Can someone please post the pictures here for me that are in the 3 links I provided? I am so positive about this and I would love to see why people would disagree (time isn't the best as a date of disappearance doesn't necessarily mean a death) or agree.

I have Photoshop and whatnot if any of the images need to be edited.

OK, 2nd attempt. I've cropped the 2 glasses girl images to try and get the faces close in size.
glasses1a.jpg
glasses2a.jpg
emerick2.jpg

Link to larger version of the Emerick picture.
http://missingkids.com/photographs/NCMC1080580c1.jpg

The most noticeable difference to me is the freckles on Emerick's face that the glasses girl doesn't seem to have.

It's too bad we don't know when these pictures were taken - during non-summer months I have barely any freckles, but in the summer they're more noticable. But the one girl hardly has any.

The two girls are similar but I don't think that they're the same girl. Emerick's write up also states that her front teeth protrude - something you don't get the impression of in the Alcala pics.

MOO

To me, it looks like the nose is wrong. Emerick's is thicker. Her eyes are a slightly different shape and her chin is just a little pointier.

Are this girl and the "Girl with red shorts white top" the same girl?
The photo of Dorothy Clitheroe with glasses looks amazingly like "Girl with glasses" to me.
I hope this doesn't blow the margins...:}
Top photos Alcala bottom photos Dorothy Clitheroe
I'm going to post this in both threads
:>)

Attachments

• SIDEBYSIDE.JPG
    SIDEBYSIDE.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 86
Interesting - the glasses are almost the exact same.

Good suggestion, I agree that there is a lot of resemblance.

The glasses are not the same in my opinion. The ones in Dorothy's picture look more oval to me.

Frankly, I don't think the glasses girl and Dorothy look much alike.

I see some resemblance between her and Sheryl Tillinghast :
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tillinghast_sheryl.html

glasses1a.jpg
tillinghast_sheryl.jpg
glasses2a.jpg

It's probably not her though as the timeline is off, Sheryl disappeared in 1973 when Alcala wasn't out. Blog comments here suggest she was both attending and working at a reform institute, had an abusive boyfriend and had planned to travel. http://charleyross.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/megan-emerick-and-sheryl-tillinghast/
But it seems odd she didn't take her paycheck money if it was a planned disappearance.

Strangely she wasn't reported missing until 1998; I don't know what to make of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back