2010.03.31: Misty, Ronald, Tommy, Hope, Hank Jr. In court

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Updated: Haleigh's relatives in court

"Snip" By Kristin Chambers http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt
Published: Thursday, April 1, 2010

Family members appeared in court Wednesday morning for pretrial hearings on various drug trafficking charges.

Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin and Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes, appeared in a courtroom in response to charges that stem from a narcotics investigation in which the three were allegedly dealing in $3,900 worth of prescription drugs.

Ronald Cummings, was interrupted in court as an accused murderer awaiting his own pretrial hearing cut himself.

Ronald Cummings pretrial was continued to May 13 for five counts of trafficking in Hydrocodone.

Misty Croslin, faces eight total counts of trafficking Hydrocodone, seven of the charges in Putnam County, one within St. Johns County.

Robert Fields, was granted permission to move Croslin's next pretrial to June 3 due to issues coordinating depositions.
Hope Sykes, pleaded no contest to one of two counts of trafficking in Hydrocodone.

Sykes' attorney explained there were surveillance tapes containing a drug transaction with Sykes present.

"That certainly supports your plea," Judge Terry LaRue said.

Sykes faces up to 30 years in prison for the felony charge.

Hank Croslin Jr., faces one count of trafficking in Hydrocodone in the same case.

His pretrial was continued to May 13.
Several family members of Cummings and Sykes were present during the hearings, including Teresa Neves.

"I believe Hope Sykes has to do what is best for her, and if that is what she and her attorney feel is best for her, then we fully support that," Neves said.

Neves said it "is very hard" to see her family behind bars. "Haleigh is what we have to spend all of our energy on, and it's hard to know there are other things going on beyond our control," she said.

When asked how Cummings was handling everything, she replied that he is having a "very hard time right now."

"He is fighting a lot of depression - he thought Haleigh would be home by now," Teresa Neves said.

Inside Misty Croslin Poly #2: More Lies
March 31st, 2010
"Snip" From Bald Truth Staff, (c) artharris.com http://www.artharris.com/

“She’s told so many different stories, it’s affecting all our lives,” sighs Chelsea Croslin “I just hope she will tell us.”

Croslin was arrested in an undercover drug sting, along with famliy members who have come under the white hot glare of accountability, jail and high bonds when they slip up.

Misty Croslin-Cummings, Ronald Cummings, Hank Jr.(Tommy), and other members of the gang will be in Putnam circuit court Wednesdy for a pre trial hearing on their felony trafficking charges. Hank Sr. is also expected to be there for unrelated drug charges.

:banghead: Well, Art is the only one that is reporting that they will all be in court today. I sure wish that the media would take more interest in the case and at least one media outlet would have a live stream. So far no luck! I have searched every media outlet and nothing. I at least hope they will update us at to the out come in court today.

Thanks for the info!

Some people have their family reunions in fancy restaurants and holiday resorts, others in Putnam circuit court. Did they leave Lisa out of the crowd?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23012005/detail.html

Ronald, Misty Cummings Appear In Court
2 Arrested On Drug Charges Unrelated To Missing 6-Year-Old Haleigh Cummings

POSTED: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
UPDATED: 11:20 am EDT March 31,2010

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The father and former stepmother of missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings appeared before a judge Wednesday in Putnam County.

A pretrial hearing was held for Ronald and Misty Cummings Wednesday morning.

Both are facing drug trafficking charges unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance.

The judge scheduled another hearing for Ronald on May 13 and a hearing for Misty on June 3.

The pics in that article are chilling! I want to see some video-- but the way they have Ron and Misty's images positioned, it looks like that classic control thing going on again. Very reminiscent of the first week interviews-- it bugs the heck outta me.

Misty looks terrible. Ronald looks as menacing as ever. If the devil ever took on a human form, it would be in Ronald's body.
What about Tommy? I think when he shows up, it's gonna bring some more interest to this story. If his cases are combined, and he has his pretrial, shouldn't he have a bond set? Maybe because he was out on bond when he got caught, there will never be a bond? I don't know, I'm just asking.

Ron does look scary in that picture, will we get to see a video ? I guess Putnam County doesn't have the same procedure (as Orange Co.) as far as broadcasting these court hearings live ?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23012005/detail.html

Ronald, Misty Cummings Appear In Court
2 Arrested On Drug Charges Unrelated To Missing 6-Year-Old Haleigh Cummings

POSTED: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
UPDATED: 11:20 am EDT March 31,2010

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The father and former stepmother of missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings appeared before a judge Wednesday in Putnam County.

A pretrial hearing was held for Ronald and Misty Cummings Wednesday morning.

Both are facing drug trafficking charges unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance.

The judge scheduled another hearing for Ronald on May 13 and a hearing for Misty on June 3.

Both have entered not guilty pleas.

Misty Cummings is being held on $1.35 million bond, while Ronald Cummings' bond is set at $900,000 bond. If convicted, both could face 25 years in prison.

Haleigh vanished from her Satsuma home in February 2009.

When asked Wednesday what she wanted to see come out of Ronald and Misty's drug arrests, Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said she just wants to see Haleigh come home.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

25 years?? I thought NG said Misty could be facing that much for each charge? She didn't mention Ronald's, of course.
If they only get 25 years, I can almost bet they would actually do 2-5 years, at the most, and be out. I've heard of people being convicted of murder, given a life sentence, and be out in 10-20 years.

The pics in that article are chilling! I want to see some video-- but the way they have Ron and Misty's images positioned, it looks like that classic control thing going on again. Very reminiscent of the first week interviews-- it bugs the heck outta me.

I thought it was just me! Man, Ronald looks so evil in that picture. I hope Dr.L.Glass would be able to see a video of todays hearing and give us an update on Ronald's body language. If looks could kill, his look surely says it all IMO. Maybe that is why Misty is not talking, maybe she is afraid of Ron? :waitasec: She is so self absorbed that at times I feel like, nah she is not afraid of him, but then you see pic's of him like this and hear what the other females in his life had to say and it makes me wonder.

Then when I see Misty's picture, her eye brows are up and kind of looks blank. I don't get it. :banghead:

Ronald and Misty Cummings appear at pretrial hearings on drug trafficking charges.
Article:http://www.news4jax.com/news/23012005/detail.html

anyone listening to Jane Valez today......she is saying something about maybe a plea deal with the cousin????

Ron plea deal??? :shocked2:

Wow Tim Miller doesn't believe Ron knows what exactly happened to Haleigh!

Wow Tim Miller doesn't believe Ron knows what exactly happened to Haleigh!

He has stood firm on that from the get go in my opinion. I heard him speaking on one of the radio talk shows, can't remember which now, but he stated the same thing then.

Is it usual for 2 defendants to appear in court together? Am I correct that Misty and Ron were both in court at the same time?

ETA: Also why not the other 3? Tommy, Hope and Donna?

25 years?? I thought NG said Misty could be facing that much for each charge? She didn't mention Ronald's, of course.
If they only get 25 years, I can almost bet they would actually do 2-5 years, at the most, and be out. I've heard of people being convicted of murder, given a life sentence, and be out in 10-20 years.

I sure hope they don't get out early. IIRC, 25 years is a mandatory min.:waitasec:

Is it usual for 2 defendants to appear in court together? Am I correct that Misty and Ron were both in court at the same time?

ETA: Also why not the other 3? Tommy, Hope and Donna?
It looked like Ron and Misty were in court at the same time, but I'm not sure because the video I've seen doesn't show both of them in the same shot. Tommy was supposed to have court today at 1:30, but I haven't seen any video on that. Hope was in court and plead no contest. Don't know about Donna.

I sure hope they don't get out early. IIRC, 25 years is a mandatory min.:waitasec
I thought I heard that the state can ask the judge to give less than the mandatory minimum, if there is a plea deal and if they are inclined to do so.

It looked like Ron and Misty were in court at the same time, but I'm not sure because the video I've seen doesn't show both of them in the same shot. Tommy was supposed to have court today at 1:30, but I haven't seen any video on that. Hope was in court and plead no contest. Don't know about Donna.

That means she is pleading guilty?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3