Gun Permits Surge in Newtown, CT

Sonya610

Former Member
Reaction score
Apparently many of the folks in Newtown aren't all that different from folks in many other states around the country.

In Newtown, Gun Permits Surge After Shooting
Residents Cite Desire for Protection, a Rush to Buy Before Tighter Rules Kicked In

NEWTOWN, Conn.— Through July 24, more than 200 people in Newtown have received new local pistol permits, according to a review of local records, surpassing the 171 new permits issued for all of last year. Such permits are prerequisites for Connecticut permits that allow people to purchase and carry pistols as well as rifles or shotguns.

Residents rushed to buy guns before the ban, which took effect April 5. "We were just swamped from January all the way through April 4," said Victor Benson, 55, who owns a gun shop in New Milford. "I've seen a couple guys come to my shop, and the permits were still warm from the laminator."

NA-BX460_NEWTOW_D_20130731133005.jpg

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...SJ_hps_MIDDLE_Video_Third#articleTabs=article

I guess I am just unable to wrap my mind around the concept that owning more guns will help prevent gun crimes and tragedies. :facepalm: All my opinion, of course.

I think if one of my children or loved ones went through what some of them did in Newton or other recent tragedies, I'd be packing too.

I guess I am just unable to wrap my mind around the concept that owning more guns will help prevent gun crimes and tragedies. :facepalm: All my opinion, of course.

It is very simple, there are a lot of firearm enthusiasts in the US. Something like the threat of a far reaching ban on all types of weapons causes a whole lot of folks to buy NOW!

The firearms industry has been crazy the last 6 months, ammo shortages have been horrid and are just now recovering. Casual gun owners who hadn't bought anything new in many years suddenly realize "now is the time" to get a new hi-cap handgun or two. Folks that always wanted an AK or AR but saw it as a luxury they shouldn't splurge on suddenly had a great reason to BUY ONE NOW!

The increase in firearm sales and ammo sales is likely going to linger on for a while even though the threat is over for most states. Once people buy a new weapon and start hitting the range again they get a renewed interested and that leads to more spending. Next is a new holster, a few different types of ammo, a new grip, a laser and or tac light, hearing protection, ammo boxes, and while shopping and learning they see another great looking firearm that they would like to own etc.... Hey at least it is for products that are mostly made in the USA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back