Nurse talked man into putting down gun at hospital ER

noZme

Reaction score
A big shout out to all the WS nurses.

"PORTLAND -- A man threatened to shoot himself in the head in the emergency room of Southwest Portland's Providence St. Vincent Hospital Thursday, and a nurse is getting credit for talking him down and getting the gun away...The nurse calmly told him she couldn't treat him if he had a gun. As they talked, she eventually convinced him to lay the gun down. "

http://www.kgw.com/news/Man-puts-gun-to-his-head-at-St-Vincent-hospital-222523721.html

What is up with all the gun violence in Oregon lately? Over the past month people there have been five incidents, and that's just the ones that I've heard of, I've been trying to stay away from the news, too. :hills:

What is up with all the gun violence in Oregon lately? Over the past month people there have been five incidents, and that's just the ones that I've heard of, I've been trying to stay away from the news, too. :hills:

More than gun violence, the guys throwing rocks on MLK, and a couple of other things there too. Very weird.

Thank God for that nurse. Toughest one for me was talking a patient out of jumping on the tracks at an underground station, on the platform :eek: I remember hugging her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back